• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:49:30 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Beta5 rider and bike to beta6

Started by ptrshpt, August 14, 2015, 11:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptrshpt

August 14, 2015, 11:33:36 AM Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:41:31 PM by ptrshpt
-

CapeDoctor

this post got me thinking - i'd love to try out an earlier beta, as i only arrived on the scene in time for beta 6c.
in particular, i'm looking for beta 5 and beta 4 - if anyone is able and willing to link these for me, i'd really appreciate it.  ;D

Napalm Nick

They are all download-linked here in this forum somewhere I remember seeing them and thinking "I must try all these sometime and get more back history" lol.

not easy to find again tho  ::)

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Heres the link to some http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1540.msg21544#msg21544 not sure if they are still alive though. And please forget the alphas afterwards and never mention them again as requested  ::).
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Ohhh to see the rider sat on the track with head in one hand  8) and his dirty leathers after. Wonderful haha!

CapeDoctor

Napalm Nick

I have done what you did with putting the rider and bike into 6c.
I also see the effects you described along with the garage amalgamation below (lol).

I like this combo in B5 and the addition of the direct steer slider in 6c is awesome but after 10 laps of Vic using the 5b/6c amalgamation - it just doesn't work for me. The rider movement is baaaad and although it strangely doesn't feel like I am riding on eggshells, it isn't stability that has improved - it feels more like realism has reduced.

Damn interesting to try though ptrshpt thanks for the idea  :)