• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

A couple question about gp bikes

Started by Mace-x, August 16, 2015, 11:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace-x

Hi guys, My name is Mauricio, i´m thinking about buying gp bikes and i had a couple questions.

-How´s the online scene? there´s players racing?
-Is there a nice comunity going?
-How demanding in therms of internet connection is online? (I could play mx bikes beta 2, once terrain deformation was introduced in b3 i couldnt connect anymore, seems like it uses a lot of internet to sync)

I know the development is not fast but i´m ok with that, this is still the best bike sim out there and as i see there´s lot of mods and tracks going.

Hope this doesnt bother anyone, Keep racing!  ;D

BOBR6 84

You should buy it mace  ;) id like to see some video's from you!  ;D your mxbikes vids are coool  8)

Online is fairly quiet at the moment but there's still races happening.. Napalm nick is running alot of events to be fair.

Stability is hard to say.. Sometimes I have no issues at all and have a great time online.. Sometimes a fair few issues.. Depends on the server and ping I guess?

All in all its worth it.. Beta7 is next up too! So might be worth checking out beta6c first  ;)

Mace-x

Thanks BOBR6 84!  :)

Tryed the 125 from the demo, i kind of like it but there´s a few things that bugs me.

Rider trespasses floor on crashes.
bike wobbles way too much? (that might my fault xD)
1st gear takes forever to start, it´s so slow until it reaches about 50km/h, from there up is top notch.

i´m not quite sure yet, i kind of want to wait for the new wrs vehicle or gp bikes b7, altrought i might give in and buy it anyways xD

CapeDoctor

hi Mace, it's definitely worth buying, mate - as you say, it's the best bike sim out there atm - the online scene could be bigger, sure, and for me currently my connection isn't good enough for online events, but the offline portion alone will keep me busy for a long time - so many bikes and tracks, a LONG time to master them all, lol.
soon as i upgrade my connection, i'll be online a lot more.
be that as it may, i feel i already have my money's worth from the sim as is, and i'm also not in a huge rush for development - i think if we all practice a little patience (as with the sim itself) the rewards will come.
go for it!  8)

HornetMaX

The slow 1st gear is normal for a 125cc 2 strike gp bike. That's just they way they are.
But if you buy the full version, you can experience the 1st gear of a 990cc 4 strikes motogp ... quite different !

GPB is surely worth it, despite the slow developement and the some how strange priority list of things to fix.

MaX.

CapeDoctor

Quote from: Mace-x on August 17, 2015, 06:13:41 AM

i´m not quite sure yet, i kind of want to wait for the new wrs vehicle or gp bikes b7, altrought i might give in and buy it anyways xD

you shouldn't have to buy one if you have the other, mate? the license for GPB is also valid for WRS - so, two sims for the price of one, in effect - you really can't go wrong!  ;D

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Mace-x on August 17, 2015, 06:13:41 AM
Thanks BOBR6 84!  :)

Tryed the 125 from the demo, i kind of like it but there´s a few things that bugs me.

Rider trespasses floor on crashes.
bike wobbles way too much? (that might my fault xD)
1st gear takes forever to start, it´s so slow until it reaches about 50km/h, from there up is top notch.

Hi Mace,
1. Rider through floor is a bug in 6c but isn't in 5b and 'will be sorted' It makes no difference to playability its just a visual.
2. Wobbly bike will get better as you practice more - remember your first ride on a bicycle?
3. You must try all controls - the start can be improved by slipping the clutch like in real life. Auto stuff (like auto gears) will do the barest of jobs.

Do I think its worth it? Hmmm.
You will get a lot more than 30 euros worth of fun out of it as it is so yes. If development pace truly doesn't bother you of course otherwise you will end up like most of the other critters in here - sobbing in a dark room, rocking back and forth.  ::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Mace-x

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys!

At first i really tought that it was a boring game, now that i´m able to slide the tyres and turn in yellow/red lines is freaking exciting, i think i will buy it  ;D

Cant wait to race the big bore hondas and ktms <3 and the nordschleife mod that i´ve seen  :o

a couple more questions regarding various topics, i feel like a super noob here so please dont throw rocks at my silly questions xD

-For some reason using manual shifting the bike wont gear down, it´s a pain in the ass to lower the gears, i´m using auto clutch.
-For track creating, the tracks are a 3d mesh and the grass/dirt is a heightmap or everything is 3d? (in mx bikes almost everything is heightmap, altrought a fully 3d map can be done as i understand, gotta try that!)
-I have 2 mbps internet connection and could run pre beta 3 mx bikes online at a decent lag (B1 and B2), you guys think i could play online?
-I think that all piboso sims have the same track structure, are they compatible cross games? (Gp bikes nords on wrs or mx bikes?)

Thank you guys  ;D

Blackheart

Quote from: Mace-x on August 18, 2015, 07:13:55 AM
-I have 2 mbps internet connection and could run pre beta 3 mx bikes online at a decent lag (B1 and B2), you guys think i could play online?

Download bandwidth does not affect that much, is the ping that creates the real lag, this depends on many factors including the distance to the server of the race, if you use a serviceable connection for the online game, if you use a router wi fi, etc ...

If you played mx bikes decently, you go well on GP bikes, you may have some problems with so many bikes on the track  :P