• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Dedicated server

Started by PiBoSo, March 20, 2013, 08:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterV

Quote from: Alibaskins on November 17, 2014, 04:43:07 PM
I have a request about the event tracks.
I'm testing it, and i can see the round changing only when the race is over.

It would be nice if the track change was automatic every xx hours for exemple.
And it would be nice, too (...), to have a command to force the server to roll to the next track.
+1

PeterV

Quote from: PeterV on November 17, 2014, 05:24:26 PM
Quote from: Alibaskins on November 17, 2014, 04:43:07 PM
I have a request about the event tracks.
I'm testing it, and i can see the round changing only when the race is over.

It would be nice if the track change was automatic every xx hours for exemple.
And it would be nice, too (...), to have a command to force the server to roll to the next track.
+1

I forgot too mention that this could be done true the vote system. Vote for a track from the rotation. How would we know what is rotating at that moment? Hotkey for a rotatelist used by server?

Alibaskins

Maybe it would be good to add more informations in lobby to show what tracks are configured too ?

Même si sans maîtrise la puissance n'est rien, sans puissance, la maîtrise ne fait pas tout !

PeterV

Quote from: Alibaskins on November 18, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
Maybe it would be good to add more informations in lobby to show what tracks are configured too ?
Hover mouse over server name, which then will display the tracks rotated and listed numbered so you can vote for a number?

Alibaskins

Piboso, could you add the name server in messages from live timing service ?
Like :
Server: "Montonline-fr 1"

Même si sans maîtrise la puissance n'est rien, sans puissance, la maîtrise ne fait pas tout !

JJS209

when i set an admin_password and connect to the server how can i "login" as admin to click to quali or race and i changes?
also i would like to know if there are more commands for the commandline in the ded. server.
thx

PiBoSo

Quote from: JJS209 on April 25, 2015, 10:22:29 PM
when i set an admin_password and connect to the server how can i "login" as admin to click to quali or race and i changes?
also i would like to know if there are more commands for the commandline in the ded. server.
thx

The password must be set in the browse page to connect as admin.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

JJS209

ah ok thank you.
are there no other useful commands?

teeds

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 25, 2015, 10:28:46 PM
The password must be set in the browse page to connect as admin.

ahhh  8) Bingo!

JJS209

would anybody share his working blacklist.txt - file with me?
is it by name or by ID?

i tryed it this way, blacklist.txt:
9FA01B7A; JJS209

Napalm Nick

Hi JJ,
I thought it was like this example but I only ever used a Whitelist

[entry0]
guid = ........

[entry1]
guid = ........

[entry2]
guid = 9FA01B7A.

I am worried a blacklist is being considered......... :o
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

JJS209

just solved it, sry for my stupidness :) thanks anyway nick.

Shahdoh

Another noob getting started in GPB. I have a (unlicensed) dedicated server running, ports opened and all is working except I do not see the server listed here: http://stats.gp-bikes.com/servers.php.

I know what is important is that it shows up in game foremost, but thought having it in the stats/server list would help advertise that its available. Is there a setting or does it require to be registered to show up on that list?

Thank you for your help

Hawk

September 27, 2015, 04:36:15 PM #43 Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 04:39:04 PM by Hawk UK
Quote from: Shahdoh on September 27, 2015, 02:39:40 PM
Another noob getting started in GPB. I have a (unlicensed) dedicated server running, ports opened and all is working except I do not see the server listed here: http://stats.gp-bikes.com/servers.php.

I know what is important is that it shows up in game foremost, but thought having it in the stats/server list would help advertise that its available. Is there a setting or does it require to be registered to show up on that list?

Thank you for your help

Hi Shahdoh and welcome!  ;)

When you say "Unlicensed", do you mean your only working with the "Demo" version of GPBikes when trying to setup your dedicated server? If so then you need to buy a GPBikes license key and register your fully licensed version of GPBikes to allow full operation of GPB.

I personally don't know anything about setting up a dedicated server, but I'm sure one of the server admin guys will be able to advise you once you inform us as to whether you are working with a fully licensed version of GPBikes or the demo version?  :)

Welcome aboard and hope to see you online soon.  8)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Hmm ... setting up a dedicated server is definitely possible even with the demo (unregistered) version only (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=26.msg38#msg38, see last line of the post, in red).

No idea why it does not pop up on the sever pages. Maybe a bug, I doubt it's intended like this.

MaX.