• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:28:29 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Dedicated server

Started by PiBoSo, March 20, 2013, 08:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Dear PiBoso (hope you are feeling better)

You might want to change the 1st post example (using ports 10510 in the dedi server example) to something different - 10520 for example.

if you use 10510 AND want to run a game client on the SAME PC (behind the same firewall/router) the ports conflict due to this http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=35.msg66#msg66 meaning the game will be unable to connect through to any World Server or even the own Dedi server.

More head scratching reached that suggestion lol. Might save some other poor bugger in the future  :D

Thanks also to HornetMax for his help in concluding this.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PiBoSo

First post updated with info about the track day mode.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PiBoSo

First post updated to rename the track day mode to testing day.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

huertasRC

hello good bikers, I can not create online games but I can create games in Lan,I do not know where the problem is I have open the port 54300

teeds

Make sure the IP of the pc hosting is static, and you've forwarded that port to that pc.

huertasRC

Quote from: teeds on August 04, 2018, 03:27:07 PM
Make sure the IP of the pc hosting is static, and you've forwarded that port to that pc.

hi teeds, the ip is 192.168.1.xxx and it's that ip to which I open the port, but it never lets me create games

thanksss ;D

teeds

So you can launch the server but it doesn't show in the master server list?

poumpouny

192.168..... etc is not your internet ip, it's just your local ip who is behind the router ......

huertasRC

if I can run the server and it appears in the list, the only thing that happens is that it does not read the dedicated.ini from the gp-bikes folder

teeds

Have you got the .ini file in the "install folder\gpbikes" folder?

huertasRC

Quote from: teeds on August 07, 2018, 08:00:06 PM
Have you got the .ini file in the "install folder\gpbikes" folder?

is already solved thanks teed, it is fixed, the dedicated.ini was in the wrong path

huertasRC

I give up, I believe the server well, I open port 64084 but people do not find my server in the game

However I can see my server in the game but on the right side where the pin does not appear any number comes out like this -

please help me to be able to create a server well, my server is "EOL Racing" server is active right now supposedly

teeds

It was working, what did you change?

huertasRC

August 22, 2018, 11:28:15 AM #73 Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 12:47:42 PM by huertasRC
Quote from: teeds on August 22, 2018, 11:09:09 AM
It was working, what did you change?

I changed the ports, I could not enter my server, I'm going crazy with this

teeds

Might be worth simplifying your server name, you've got a few special characters in there and the master server can be fussy. Try a really basic name with just letters numbers and spaces, see if that alone helps.

Can't right now but will try your server later today.