• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:10:19 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GPBikes Owners Club | Crafty Crofty | Daily Races |

Started by Napalm Nick, August 25, 2015, 11:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

August 25, 2015, 11:31:35 AM Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:55:35 AM by Napalm Nick

CRAFTY CROFTY DAILY RACES - SERVE YOURSELF

After the success of the recent impromptu races and comments made by dearly loved members GPBOC 2 will run the circuit CROFT every day for a while now with the bike type being changed regularly (announced here).

The Server is set-up to allow you to vote/poll to go to a race or qualify or whatever you want to do. So, if you find a few people on there - get racing! Please keep in mind that during a race no-one else can join the server so don't spam races one after the other for hours.

Beware - currently this is a Dynamic track so some cores may occur but you have control to restart sessions as and when required
I hope you enjoy this.

PS: Please feel free to 'Call' a race in this topic if you fancy one and want to canvass for riders (evenings usually best but anytime)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Monday 24th August - FZ6 Roadster - complete

Tuesday 25th August - GP250
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Getting a taste for this champagne lark!  Great races tonight  ;D well done all

Blackheart

Napalm Nick

gonna leave this bike on the server a few days as its so bloody tasty so don't worry too much.

Hawk

Did you win again Nick?!  ;D 8)

I'll have to come and spoil the party as soon as I've finished getting this NDS Version of Croft sorted. Hehe.  ;)

I had to re-export from original source files to do it, and then it was giving me core.exe grief when testing it; turns out it needed a new track centreline creating for some reason(don't know why?) but that fixed the core.exe problem. Done a new Marshals file, and I'm now just doing a new track replay camera file. I should hopefully have it all sorted around midnight in between the coffee and fags. Lol.   ;D

This is a very nice track! Surprised it's laid in the cupboard for so long and not used much before.  :o  8) 8)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Yep Teeds let me win while Yan was holding the baby  ;D Very nice of them.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man I di'nt realise you was gonna 'NDS' sort it! I know you offered but I thought you had done enough already so didn't pursue it!

Big thanks 'cos we are all getting the odd cores there, I think your efforts will be /are very much appreciated.

I hope this netcode problem will one day be fixed cos the Dynamic stuff really is awesome. It was great to see the rubber down by the time I got there tonight.

Thanks Hawk you are a star.  :-*

matty0l215

Quote from: Hawk UK on August 25, 2015, 09:56:34 PM

I'll have to come and spoil the party as soon as I've finished getting this NDS Version of Croft sorted. Hehe.  ;)

I had to re-export from original source files to do it, and then it was giving me core.exe grief when testing it; turns out it needed a new track centreline creating for some reason(don't know why?) but that fixed the core.exe problem. Done a new Marshals file, and I'm now just doing a new track replay camera file. I should hopefully have it all sorted around midnight in between the coffee and fags. Lol.   ;D

This is a very nice track! Surprised it's laid in the cupboard for so long and not used much before.  :o  8) 8)

Hawk.

There are a couple of annoying bumps which can really ruin your day. Also, being able to run off track after the 2nd chicane (around corner 9) shouldn't be allowed...
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Blackheart

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on August 25, 2015, 10:02:06 PM
Quote from: Hawk UK on August 25, 2015, 09:56:34 PM

Hawk.

There are a couple of annoying bumps which can really ruin your day. Also, being able to run off track after the 2nd chicane (around corner 9) shouldn't be allowed...

Can you pinpoint those bumps? I may stick in a new section of track surface at the problem area if you can pinpoint it for me?  ;)

I've already put in a couple of checkpoints at the chicanes so that if riders run through them then they will get a 5 second penalty added to their lap time each time they do it.  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

If you look at the map above I THINK Matty means the run-on just after the Jim Clark Esses. Too easy to opt for the faster 'outside track limits' option. But it needs to be there, that is a fast corner, no hay bales lol. Maybe a 5 sec penalty if used really wide. Definitely not anything that risks a lap miscount.

Think the bumps are around there too and the next bend. Personally I think some of the bumps on this track really add to the experience but I agree some of the fast corner ones (there is literally only 2 I think in that area) can ruin your day but then we could always slow down a bit hehe!

Just speaking for Matty as I expect he might be getting some beauty sleep now, I could be totally wrong though (but I hope not).

Good work mate.

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 25, 2015, 10:49:58 PM
If you look at the map above I THINK Matty means the run-on just after the Jim Clark Esses. Too easy to opt for the faster 'outside track limits' option. But it needs to be there, that is a fast corner, no hay bales lol. Maybe a 5 sec penalty if used really wide. Definitely not anything that risks a lap miscount.

Think the bumps are around there too and the next bend. Personally I think some of the bumps on this track really add to the experience but I agree some of the fast corner ones (there is literally only 2 I think in that area) can ruin your day but then we could always slow down a bit hehe!

Just speaking for Matty as I expect he might be getting some beauty sleep now, I could be totally wrong though (but I hope not).

Good work mate.

Okay Nick..... I'll take a look at those areas. Probably be tomorrow night when I complete it with all the extras needed, but I'll let you know as soon as it's done mate.  ;)

Time for me to get some beauty sleep soon. Lol

Thanks for that Nick.  ;D

Hawk.

matty0l215

Ta Nick :P

He is correct about where the bumps are. The main one is just before the fast corner where people run wide, there are a couple others but they add to the fun ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

CapeDoctor

yesterday was my first time on the Croft track since i last played the old TOCA racing game, lol - and what a lot of fun this track is, especially for the Aprilia.
makes me pine for my old RGV 250, lol   8)
i don't find the bumps too bad - as matty says, they add to the fun  ;D