• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:36:15 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GPBikes Owners Club | Crafty Crofty | Daily Races |

Started by Napalm Nick, August 25, 2015, 11:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Sounds good to me buddo. When I say 'some' ripples/undulations/bumps I only mean a couple or three not a lunar surface hahaha  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

Nick, much obliged for your advice earlier, mate - raising the front end a bit made the world of difference, now i'm flicking the bike around with total confidence, and she's way more stable now.
big cheers!  8)

Napalm Nick

Excellent glad its helped   :)- I looked at Blackhearts setup in that vid and with a 16 front caliper, and high rear end, he must be some kinda God to ride that well - especially under braking  ???
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

New "Croft" - Bumpy Track Test:

This is just a test version to test if the bumps/undulations I have included are okay?

Change Log:

• New track surface rebuilt with random bumps/undulations built into track surface
  • Added checkpoint markers at chicanes with 5 sec time penalties
  • Adjusted the Start Line sector marker into Pit Lane to avoid corrupting lap times when going through Pit Lane.
  • Added new Marshals files
  • Added new Zoom Replay Camera
There is still work to be done to finalize the track, hence this version is for testing only and will not be included in the Track database until final version is released.

Enjoy the testing and get back to me here with your thoughts.  ;) 8)

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!eB8z3YjL!GerKxVTm0oBVU4E95Wsh161oueYZyOYlprKJvDNVZbs

Thanks guys!  ;D

Hawk

Napalm Nick

The bump shown on this pic (with highlighted I-fell-off scratch marks) indicates the area I THINK Matty and Teeds are meaning (BARCROFT corner) and it still exists this is the one that flings you off nastily. The rest seems good so far  ;)

Napalm Nick

I tell you what I will put this version on the non-HL server (GPBOC 2) so we can share our thoughts

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 26, 2015, 07:46:43 PM
The bump shown on this pic (with highlighted I-fell-off scratch marks) indicates the area I THINK Matty and Teeds are meaning (BARCROFT corner) and it still exists this is the one that flings you off nastily. The rest seems good so far  ;)

I thought that was one of the bumps you guys liked, so I thought I'd include that one. Hehe  ;D

But yeah... When I tested it I wondered if it was one I should've left out. Lol

I'm going online now.  ;)

Hawk

Napalm Nick

yes definitely - in that area there is a little bump on the start of the corner which is fine then a biiiig kinda double bump that often shoots you off - seems bigger than ever - maybe it was added but this isn't a straight cos of the high speed crank and braking zone you are doing there. Nasty.

;D

CapeDoctor

that's actually one that i do enjoy, even though it still catches me out every 6 or 7 laps, lol.
the trick i found there is that you need to back off the throttle ever so slightly just before the bump, then accelerate hard all the way through the bump. bike settles easier and gets through it nicely, 9 times out of 10.  ;)

Napalm Nick

Hawk

Haha.... I like it... Lego is not like it used to be is it. Hehe.  ;D

Hawk.

teeds

Quick work Hawk  :) Just done a few laps on .8b and the problem bit in turn 6 is gone for me. Did find a few new problems though, in the breaking area into turn 1 the back end gets kicked up and between turn 7 and 8 seems a bit deadly. Also some of the other random bumps seem a bit sharp but generally it's fine.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Hawk UK on August 26, 2015, 10:02:12 PM
Haha.... I like it... Lego is not like it used to be is it. Hehe.  ;D

No mate, it all had to change in the 90's when children started being born without an imagination. A cruel step in evolution. ;)

Blackheart

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 26, 2015, 04:28:34 PM
Excellent glad its helped   :)- I looked at Blackhearts setup in that vid and with a 16 front caliper, and high rear end, he must be some kinda God to ride that well - especially under braking  ???

;D I have not had time to try it on Croft, but do not think is good for it, Spa is a completely different circuit. Here need more precision on corner entry

Napalm Nick

I think we need an unofficial official set of races here tonight.

Hope to see y'all there. Gp250/vanilla Croft unless we get the new NDS version in time.  ;D