• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:26:13 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

4 FUN SKIN: RSA250 as Schwantz RGV250

Started by CapeDoctor, August 26, 2015, 08:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

this one i did just for the heck of it, not a super-serious skin, and far from perfect, but it'll pass, i guess.
i used to own an RGV, to date still the most fun i ever had on two wheels, so i felt i needed one for the sim.
anyway, thought i'd share it as there don't seem to be many skins for the Aprilia, and of course it's still the only 250 we have, so....

get it here: https://www.mediafire.com/?8ll25959jlh1qba
and
enjoy!  8)

Hawk

Blackheart

Actually I think the Aprilia 250 is the bikemod that has more skin in absolute  :o

CapeDoctor

i must be missing some, then, Blackheart, as i only have 5 skins for it in total, and i thought i found them all.
at least, i haven't found any others..... where should i be looking for more skins?  ???

Blackheart

August 27, 2015, 05:55:00 AM #4 Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:17:27 AM by Blackheart
I believe that the database for the skins, is not updated for many months  ::)

Some are in this section, other scattered around. Unfortunately without a database update it is impossible to be sure to have them all.
And also I think there are not my skins in the database lol although there have been created a long time ago  ;D

P.S. However there are about twenty skins, two of mine are here:

Rossi 1999 Standard
Rossi 1999 Mugello

EDIT: Link were wrong  :P

CapeDoctor

cool, thanks mate - i am downloading now, and have already found a few more in the paint section -  8)
well, mine will make it more, and i'd rather have too many than too little, lol  ;D

Napalm Nick

Please don't forget that just posting links in the forum in various topics will not get them included in the 'official' bike mod. Details of the correct way to name the files and submission is well detailed.

More worrying  is Klax has been MIA for some time now without any word of why.  :(
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

no worries, Nick, i'm aware of the procedure for DB inclusion.
i plan to work on this a bit more before i do so, and will upload the final version for inclusion.
this is just a gap-filler, and something to liven up the forum a tad, as it's benn pretty quiet of late, lol  ;D

Blackheart

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 27, 2015, 10:38:58 AM
Please don't forget that just posting links in the forum in various topics will not get them included in the 'official' bike mod. Details of the correct way to name the files and submission is well detailed.

More worrying  is Klax has been MIA for some time now without any word of why.  :(

? Many months ago he had been sent a pm to me this "klax" with a list of my works, perfectly nominated, As I have done other...

It is better look here for skins, at least they are described and there is a preview. That database is poorly managed and pretty useless.

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on August 27, 2015, 11:06:59 AM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 27, 2015, 10:38:58 AM

? Many months ago he had been sent a pm to me this "klax" with a list of my works, perfectly nominated, As I have done other...

It is better look here for skins, at least they are described and there is a preview. That database is poorly managed and pretty useless.

In Klax's defence, it's not easy keeping on top of all the riders paint files especially when most riders only post on a forum thread without informing him and don't send him a download link for their new paints. On top of that more often than not riders name their paint files incorrectly to be included in the database. So it's not easy trying to chase riders up all the time. ;)
But for sure if you have a better way to organise the database then best thing to do is PM Klax and suggest your ideas.  He's a very reasonable man.  :)

Don't know why he hasn't be around lately, he's been a very active and very helpful member of the GPB community for a good number of years, this is very unusual indeed...... Hope he's okay?  :-\

Hawk.

Blackheart

Well I do not like the system in general, if I want to include my mod in database I can not? Does not exist!

For this reason I do not create anything for a long time, these things are not going well. Although I see online many people use my skin, and I am very pleased.

BOBR6 84

Great skin mate looks cool on the 250  8)

About klax.. He is active on steam, I guess he is just taking a break from GPB..

Napalm Nick

Odd he don't say anything when he runs an important part of the database  :(
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"