• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:16:00 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

DUCATI GP9

Started by franco pizzagalli, July 29, 2015, 07:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tseklias

thanks a lot franco it's really wonderful

BozoCRO

Quote from: Hawk UK on August 16, 2015, 10:40:17 PM

Anyone heard from Klax lately? I sent him a PM a week ago but not heard anything from him.... Wondering if he's okay?  :-\

Hawk.

I think he said something about going to the cabin

franco pizzagalli

Hello,

So, this GP9, you like it?

CapeDoctor

i really like it - it's my favorite of all the Ducati's here - had an absolute blast with it earlier today, it eats the Ulster GP track for breakfast.  ;D 8)
are you planning to do any more work on it?

matty0l215

Quote from: franco pizzagalli on August 28, 2015, 07:40:19 PM
Hello,

So, this GP9, you like it?

Very nice bike :)

Looking forward to future bike from yourself ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

I rode it on a close comparison to the GP10 and wanted to like it more ,but the physics are the same it seems (?) and GP10 shows game problems more than most  :(

Love the bike, don't like the physics.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

strange that we seem to have different experiences with this, Nick -
i've also been doing back-to-back comparisons between the 10 and the 9 on the Ulster track, same setup, and the two bikes behave very differently in my experience.
whereas the GP10 is a nasty handful of a beast that i have come to expect from all things Ducati, the GP9 was a surprisingly nice ride on this circuit, much more well-behaved handling (you still need to take care, of course) - from what i experienced, i would be dumbfounded if they are using the same physics. similar, maybe, but the same? surely not...
or are there other factors that come into play... bike weight, and such...? or does that all fall under the physics category?
whereas the 10 is a decidedly unpleasant experience on the Ulster track, the 9 is a joy in comparison.
interesting to hear from some other folks, to get a better idea of what's what here...   ;D

franco pizzagalli

August 29, 2015, 05:54:27 AM #37 Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 05:59:32 AM by franco pizzagalli
The geometry is very different, but this is not physical for me, the physic is the engine and the tires only (for me).
On the other model that I realized, I noticed that the geometry plays a very important role, center of gravity , position of the mass -driver, weehlbase, etc. Your find this is the geom file.
You can have fun changing the bike.exe with the tool.
(Made a backup of the original geom.)

franco pizzagalli

What do you want Nick Napalm ?

Napalm Nick

All I did was take the GP9 out around Aragon around the same time we were practicing with the GP10 for the championship. I found it suffered the same unrealistic 'moments' in the same places. And we are talking moments when we are fighting for 10ths of a second not just riding around.

But, as I have said before, once the game physics is improved then all these bikes may suddenly become great so I would not worry about changing anything now.  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Abigor

Nice bike......thanks  :D