• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

A closer look at six Honda championship winners

Started by davidboda46, September 04, 2015, 10:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

Anybody knows exactly what is the extra cable you see on the brake caliper (4 most recent bikes) ? It seems to go all the way to the wheel hub ...

Wheelspeed sensor ?

MaX.

SKD

Can't look at it right now, but maybe a rotation sensor?

Desteban

September 07, 2015, 05:39:35 PM #3 Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 05:41:45 PM by Desteban
Yes Max, you gave the answer yourself. I had a similar one on my bike for the data recording.

Same way even ABS works nowadays, totally simple but it seems to work...
There just isn't another method available to messure the speed on the front wheel than using a sensor that counts the gaps in a disc.

HornetMaX

Thx Desteban.

Interestingly, I think I've never seen it in race/quali. I guess they take it off and use them only in test sessions.

MaX.

P.S.
Those Brembo calipers looks abso-fuckin-lutely beautiful. Too bad each of them probably costs more than my car.

Desteban

You are welcome Max.

I haven't noticed them on TV either but I am fairly sure they still got the sensors on during all sessions.

After all they are essential to data recording purposes, especially for analysing crashes.

Just looked up some pics from races and apparently the the whole stuff is equipped  on the brake calipers ;)

And yes, those Brembo calipers are ridiculously expensive! I would be disappointed if one cost less than your car  ;D