• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:57:57 AM

Racing lag?

Started by Ryanoh4, September 29, 2015, 06:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Good point Vin! Fingers crossed  ;D

I still only want the critical items addressed really  :'(  oh and the exhaust smoke cos that is wicked!  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

It will be interesting to see what Piboso can do about the laggy replay for high ping users, but I honestly cannot see that he can speed up long distant pings..... The only thing he could do is optimise the network data flow rates allowing some higher ping users a better playing experience and therefore a better replay experience?

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on September 30, 2015, 06:11:20 PM
Good point Vin! Fingers crossed  ;D

I still only want the critical items addressed really  :'(  oh and the exhaust smoke cos that is wicked!  :)

I just hope it's not the PUT PUT smoke effect that was demonstrated in his initial video...... That smoke flow didn't look very realistic in my opinion and I did mention that to Piboso at the time, so I hope he has improved it since? But any type of smoke effect would certainly be better than none at all.  :)

Hawk.

Vini

Strangely, for me the ping doesn't matter. Even if the other rider has an excellent ping, it's laggy for me in the replay.

Napalm Nick

That is strange Vin. Could be a rendering problem specific to your PC/Graphics settings ? I see lag when I choose to watch a known high ping player or a lot of replay lag if using dynamic functions (rain, grooves etc).

Quote from: Hawk UK on September 30, 2015, 06:59:58 PM
It will be interesting to see what Piboso can do about the laggy replay for high ping users, but I honestly cannot see that he can speed up long distant pings..... The only thing he could do is optimise the network data flow rates allowing some higher ping users a better playing experience and therefore a better replay experience?

Hawk.

Agree Hawk. Actually I think this game handles high ping MUCH better than a lot of mainstream games!

Also this game handles replays in a way MUCH better than mainstream games too (in so much as the options and ability to choose the timeframe go). It lets itself down a little with the reconstruction of the replay - laggg in game need not be laggg in a replay.

So credit where due indeed - put put!  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Vini

I recently changed my graphics card and the issues is still there. I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware problem.

As you said, large in-game lag doesn't make the game unplayable like it does in many other games, so that's great.

Nick, could you maybe record the start from the first 800cc race (A1 Ring) from my nose or tank camera and upload a short clip of it?
I really would like to see how you see the replay :D

Napalm Nick

I will have to check if I still have it Vin, I usually overwrite the replay from the previous event so it is probably long gone for me.

Will have a look later today.

Vini

I should still have the replay file somewhere in case you can't find it.