• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:27:05 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Matty0l215s Event | Get ONBOARD the "Lovebrush" | WINNER - KERAZO | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, October 01, 2015, 10:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Hawk

Congrats to Kerazo for the win... Well done mate!:D

Considering I had no practice at all, I think I did pretty well and I'm happy about that.  :)

However, I still do feel that GPB isn't developed far enough yet to take-up 1st person view seriously. The sound still needs sorting out for cues and being able to gauge exactly how far a bike is from you, that is all sound cues which GPB is still missing. Other than that, my thoughts on awaiting to see what Beta 7 brings before I do 1st person view again still remains and has been consolidated by my participation in tonights event. In my opinion GPB isn't truly ready to use 1st person view as yet.  :)

Thanks everyone, it was fun. Thanks Matty and Nick for the event!  ;D

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Yeh I gambled with Medium front and hard rear. Had terrible start (cant hear engine at all) those Ducatis are booooming!  Then had re-spawn death and then the bike just felt completely un-recognise-able, it kept letting go at the front then the rear then it was lifting rear under braking, running wide everywhere and took a long time to re-learn this new beast.

Eventually caught up a few riders and had a nice bit of racing with Demi for a while (he fell and had runaway bike for 50 seconds!), then poor Matty broke his bike and A few more gifts saw me back in 3rd.

Conclusion - Love racing in 1st person, the noise, the wobbles, the exhilaration. Hate falling and remounting a bike I don't recognise. For the love of God, PiBoSo please fix the re-spawns, Tyre issues after a fall, runaway bike, other bike sounds etc and the other critical stuff.  ;)

I cant figure why some have the engine break so much - do you redline it a lot?

Well done Teeds for an excellent Qually time, and Kerazo for the win.

I really think we should do this again.  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Kerazo

this event was nostalgia from beta4 events run by peter!
i hope to see more of those. riding in first person is just so much more challenging and fun if you get it right
thanks to everyone involved

Napalm Nick

Until we have details of the next event I am going to put up GPBOC 1 server on the same track but the SSP600 class with Onboard view only. Nice to do a comparison there. Let us know how the bike compares for stability/ease of riding/fun etc. I will even get the sun to come out to lift SuperTarantas weather induced spirits  ;)

(PS: I have no details of the next event - so if you want to see something PM me the details! First choice will go to whoever hasn't had an event 'sponsored' followed by the first to respond).

Boerenlater

20 laps on this track with the CBR250 ;) of course in 1st person
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Napalm Nick

Haha ha nice! Luckily you have had a 'go' already lol  ;)

Super Taranta !

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 04, 2015, 09:05:42 PM
I will even get the sun to come out to lift SuperTarantas weather induced spirits  ;)

Omg YESS !! LOOL
SuperTaranta #83