• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:53:27 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Constant hard crash with Sprintcar at Knocksville (error inside)

Started by Backmarker, October 14, 2015, 04:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backmarker

Getting this every time I play the Sprint Car / Knocksville combo after only about 1/2 a lap.  Was working fine, then all the sudden this happens.

EDIT:  Happens at Victoria too in the sprint car.  (I know, odd combo) but leads me to believe it's a car thing.  Also only seems to happen during a crash or loss of control... which happens often for me in this thing. ;)

PiBoSo

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Napalm Nick

Just to add to this I was fine (no errors) using Sprint Car/Knoxville or any Victoria/F2000/3F000/Road combination all last Wednesday - the only thing I never tried was the RX car - and today I loaded up the Rx and Holjes which caused the same error as posted by the OP. Now I get the same error even with SC/Knox.

It's almost like using the Rx or Holjes wrote something back that knobbles everything else? No idea but hope it helps.

PS: Normally occurs when trying to access the garage
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

If you can constantly reproduce this, can you try to reinstall ? Just a reinstall on top, no need for a clean reinstall.
In the past (on GPB) I've had once or twice the same kind of suspect and the reinstall "solved" it.

MaX.

Napalm Nick

OK Max,

just did an over the top install and same problem

Will try a complete deletion, restart and re-install and update this post

EDIT:

Errrrrr...completely fresh install (deleted all My documents/PiBoSo/WRS and all Game installation folder files) and same problem - Normalization error when trying to get to garage  :( Odd!

EDIT:

if I go straight to track with any car/any track (assumption I have only tried about 5 combinations) all works OK - error is whenever selecting "Garage"

Was able to change settings in the garage on Wednesday no problem
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Stout Johnson

That is the same error I reported before, new installations did not help. PeterV is experiencing the same...
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

PeterV

Attempt 1

• Deleted/uninstalled WRSB6, deleted ....documents/piboso/World Racing series
  • Installed WRSB7, entered license and nickname (gfx settings on default or maxed out makes no difference)
  • Launched WRSB7, F2000 car on Victoria (all combo's of cars and tracks have the same result)

Car in garage, game freezes, alt-tab starts the following (each window closing shows the next one)

Attempt 2

• Deleted/uninstalled WRSB7, deleted ....documents/piboso/World Racing series
  • ReInstalled WRSB7, entered license and nickname
  • Launched WRSB7, F2000 car on Victoria (all combo's of cars and tracks have the same result)
All things from attempt 1 happen again.

Attempt 3

• Checked registry settings with CCleaner, 3 entries found, entries deleted

All things from attempt 1 & 2 happen again.

Attempt 4

• Checked registry settings with CCleaner, 3 entries found, entries deleted
  • Rebooted PC
  • Everything seems to work, even the G27 wheel
But then, when changing from automatic shifting to manual shifting it all goes crashing again.

Attempts halted untill new beta comes

BOBR6 84

My first attempt with the sprint car.. I rolled the car, as it was sliding on its side the game crashed. The message we see in the posts above popped up! All the while I could still hear the engine sound! Even when I eventually arrived back to the desktop!  ???

No problems since that happened though..

Napalm Nick

Backmarker

The process of the 3 errors Peter reported is EXACTLY how it happens for me.  Does not happen in the garage for me, just when driving.

Napalm Nick

Hmm very weird. yes only when selecting 'Garage' for me but that worked OK 2 days ago. Flummoxed.

I'm W8.1 by the way - I know a lot of these ODE errors affect W8.1 so might be worth listing what we are running here?

Seems the ODE errors are not exactly a new phenomenon to the history of GpBikes but I can imagine they are head scratchers as the cause and symptoms seem to be different every time. So tomorrow I will try it on my W7 laptop see if that works (too late now I need beauty sleep).

Napalm Nick

Yoikes - had another thought based on what Peter said about messing with the auto/manual shifting when it started giving errors again........so I turned OFF all the assists and no more error! So I turned them back on one by one and um...still no error!

try that see if it helps you. Very odd   ::) if the error comes back I will be careful to remember what the last thing I tweaked was.

Backmarker

Hmm, I didn't mess with any assists when it started to happen for me -- I actually never messed with ANYTHING, just started happening.

I'm on Win 10 just for diagnosis sake.

Backmarker

Also, note that it only happened after testing the RX for me too.

thymelman

This is the EXACT issue that im going through. Glad to see im not the only one. Will have to wait till fix or next beta I guess.