• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:44:13 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Constant hard crash with Sprintcar at Knocksville (error inside)

Started by Backmarker, October 14, 2015, 04:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 16, 2015, 11:22:26 PM
Hmm very weird. yes only when selecting 'Garage' for me but that worked OK 2 days ago. Flummoxed.

I'm W8.1 by the way - I know a lot of these ODE errors affect W8.1 so might be worth listing what we are running here?

Seems the ODE errors are not exactly a new phenomenon to the history of GpBikes but I can imagine they are head scratchers as the cause and symptoms seem to be different every time. So tomorrow I will try it on my W7 laptop see if that works (too late now I need beauty sleep).

loaded up my W7 laptop as promised and all seems to work fine, even when using the RX car, changing combinations of cars/tracks/simulation settings etc etc.  If this changes I will post but for now I would say W8/W8.1/W10 issue?
BoB - what are you using?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PeterV

Installed WRSB7 on my Win7 desktop too test Nick.

All works fine with same settings (default GFX and GFX maxed out) used as i posted here before, so really seems Win8, 8.1, 10 could be a huge contributor too these problems.

There are some things different:
- not the same is that i dont have a controller attached, no G27 wheel and/or Xbox360pad.
- install location is now default (was before on separate (D:) games drive.

Still got some core.exe but only when i put the Tandrige and GT car on Holjes track.
And i cant seem to get the sprintcar moving with default controls? only time it starts too move a little is when i keep the S key pressed.

Napalm Nick

Exactly the same Peter - I also didn't have the 360 connected on the laptop but I ruled this out as significant.*

Same also - default install on Laptop wheras another HDD on Desktop, again I didn't really think this would be significant.*

I get a core sometimes if I do some practice and then change car or track WITHOUT restarting whole game (same as GpBikes)

* I suppose for the sake of a correct comparison these should be the same but I would guess they aren't the cause. If I get time I will re-install on a default path on the desktop and try the 360 pad on the laptop just for the sake of science.ure

Oh, the SprintCar uses a jump start (push start) method. Keep S pressed until you have some speed then dump the clutch (while in gear) or select a gear if using auto clutch. Awesome feature! I want jump starts in GPBikes! (Unless a kickstarter option can be done - I miss my kickstarter so bad).
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PeterV

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 17, 2015, 12:34:33 PM
Oh, the SprintCar uses a jump start (push start) method. Keep S pressed until you have some speed then dump the clutch (while in gear) or select a gear if using auto clutch. Awesome feature! I want jump starts in GPBikes! (Unless a kickstarter option can be done - I miss my kickstarter so bad).

Sorted banged the wall already :p

Napalm Nick

Quote from: PeterV on October 17, 2015, 12:45:07 PM

Sorted banged the wall already :p

Hehe be sure to le me know if you find a setup that allows me to do one lap lol. Hard trying to get round those cornery bits fast  :-[

PeterV

Oke used the xbox360 pad now with the sprintcar.

It really seems there something wrong with shifting or controller(s) in general.

Set brake, throttle, steer and the shift up and down.
it wont shift up too next gear, it does not make a difference if its on auto shift or not.
If its on manual shift, selecting gear up it just revs like crazy, one time it cored and i lost my brake and throttle setting
had too recalibrate it again in order too be able too use it again.

Stout Johnson

Just wanted to record how the error occurs for me. Wanted to record with Bandicam. When the program Bandicam ran in the background no crash, no core.exe.... Exited the sim, closed Bandicam, re-entered WRS and voila crash did happen again like before. I then opened Bandicam again, entered WRS - again no crash, no core.exe

:o

Can anybody confirm?
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Napalm Nick

@PeterV - I assumed the SprintCar only has one gear!

@Stout - interesting (and odd) observation. Tomorrow I hope to be back at the offending PC so will get Bandicam and try it if there's no other confirmation first.

Bayley Bell

WOW! Opening bandicam fixed my issue too! FINALLY THANKYOU! HAHAHA

Bayley Bell

Quote from: Bayley Bell on October 17, 2015, 03:12:29 PM
WOW! Opening bandicam fixed my issue too! FINALLY THANKYOU! HAHAHA

However now I get the same error when opening garage, at least I get to drive the car now...

PeterV

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 17, 2015, 02:58:39 PM
@PeterV - I assumed the SprintCar only has one gear!

I just googled sprintcar....1 gear it is, my bad, didnt read the documentation.

Napalm Nick

Not enough gears, too many wheels, this sim has a long way to go  ;D

BTW - Used the Xbox360 and its all still working fine on the laptop.

Vergio101

I can not stay on track with the joypad, it seems very strange. how to set the joypad?

Napalm Nick

Probably best to start a new Support topic with that question my friend, or it may pollute this Bug report topic (which admittedly could be in the bugs section now  ::))