• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:41:39 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Visual c++ Runtime Error - Beta 7

Started by thymelman, October 14, 2015, 07:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thymelman

Gday Piboso, just trying out WRS for the first time & eachtime I go out on track, I get a C++ Runtime error causing the game to crash. It seems to be only when the engine ignites and a certain amount of engine noise is produced... which is weird to me.

I have tried clean installing on multiple hard drives, different graphic settings, running in Administrator... everything :(

Hoping to hear from you. Running Windows 8.1

Hawk

Sounds to me like you maybe haven't got the latest C++ redistributable package installed from Microsoft update?

Hawk

thymelman

October 14, 2015, 08:00:29 AM #2 Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 08:12:15 AM by thymelman
Yeah I have just tried going through and updating - https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Still having the issue, I can literally roll around knoxville at low rpms but as soon as raise the revs it gives me the error.

Do you have suggestions on what I need to do to update? KRP Still runs perfectly fine.

PiBoSo

October 14, 2015, 08:44:56 AM #3 Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 08:52:16 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: thymelman on October 14, 2015, 07:38:49 AM
Gday Piboso, just trying out WRS for the first time & eachtime I go out on track, I get a C++ Runtime error causing the game to crash. It seems to be only when the engine ignites and a certain amount of engine noise is produced... which is weird to me.

I have tried clean installing on multiple hard drives, different graphic settings, running in Administrator... everything :(

Hoping to hear from you. Running Windows 8.1

What happens if you crash against a wall?
What graphics card are you using?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

thymelman

When I hit a wall at low speed that doesnt create much noise, it doesnt crash.

When I hit a wall at decent speed that creates a large noise, it crashes... interesting

PC Specs
GPU - nVidia GeForce GTX 760
CPU - Intel i5-4670k
Ram - 16gb ram
OS - Windows 8.1

PiBoSo

October 14, 2015, 09:53:30 AM #5 Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 09:56:21 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: thymelman on October 14, 2015, 09:33:00 AM

When I hit a wall at decent speed that creates a large noise, it crashes... interesting

PC Specs
CPU - Intel i5-4670k
Ram - 16gb ram
OS - Windows 8.1

Have you done a clean installation?
Could you please try updating the graphics drivers to the latest official version?

thymelman

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 14, 2015, 09:53:30 AM
Quote from: thymelman on October 14, 2015, 09:33:00 AM

PC Specs
CPU - Intel i5-4670k
Ram - 16gb ram
OS - Windows 8.1

Have you done a clean installation?
Could you please try updating the graphics drivers to the latest official version?

This was my first ever install of WRS - also tried clean installing on 2 different hard drives as well, same issue.

And I have updated drivers, which has not resolved the issue  :-[

Bit stuck on this one!

thymelman

Just been testing out graphic settings etc, stripping them right back etc and now its throwing up the 'ODE Internal Error - "bNormalizationResult" Failed' error. Straight after I close this error, it pops up the Runtime error.

This other error may be leading to the runtime error?

PiBoSo

Quote from: thymelman on October 14, 2015, 12:13:58 PM
Just been testing out graphic settings etc, stripping them right back etc and now its throwing up the 'ODE Internal Error - "bNormalizationResult" Failed' error. Straight after I close this error, it pops up the Runtime error.

This other error may be leading to the runtime error?

This is a very weird problem...  :-\

thymelman

Yeah abit disappointing, willing to be patient :)

matty0l215

It might be worth re downloading WRS and doing another clean install.

C++ runtime errors somtimes occour when there is an annomaly it the track/Car model
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

thymelman

Quote from: matty0l215 on October 14, 2015, 01:48:39 PM
It might be worth re downloading WRS and doing another clean install.

C++ runtime errors somtimes occour when there is an annomaly it the track/Car model

Redownloaded + Clean installed - Still Crashing no matter what car/track combo.

:(

HornetMaX

Random question: when you install, you do tick the "install openAL" option at the end of the installation process ?

MaX.

thymelman

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 15, 2015, 10:20:11 AM
Random question: when you install, you do tick the "install openAL" option at the end of the installation process ?

MaX.

I have tried installing without ticking, and I have also tried installng with ticking. Still same results.

What I have found is there must be an issue with the latest graphics driver by Nvidia. When I updated my driver, it gave me the run time error just as it completed the install. I can confirm that this happened on a separate 2nd PC as well. 2 Completely different rigs, and both got Runtime errors once completed installing latest graphic drivers :S

HornetMaX

AFAIK, should always install ticking the openAL stuff. Anyway, it was a long shot.

NVidia driver issue ? That should be easy to verify. Let us know !

MaX.

P.S.
You're not using GSync and/or windowed mode, right ?