• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:58:43 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Learning - Track and Car Moding

Started by Raffurty46, October 17, 2015, 05:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffurty46

Hello,

I'm wanting to get into the world of mod making, I have made tracks using Bobs Track Builder but I know thats nothing compared to 3dsmax ect.

What are some tips you guys may have, also what software / version will I need, I have photoshop and thats about it. lol

I know learning this wont be easy and definitely wont happen over night but its something I have been wanting to learn.

Thanks,
Dillon Raffurty
Raffurty Designs

bison160

Dillon,
I know 3dsmax, basically out of necessity, but whatever program you choose to learn, just stick with it. I have been using it for about 10 years. I started with no experience, just a passion for building and an urge to always want to do things better. After 10 years, if I started a new project tomorrow, I would most likely find new ways to do certain things quicker or better. There are so many ways to do the exact same thing, so the biggest thing is learning the methods that work best for you and provide the best results. Finding those methods for me was a lot of trial and error. I guess I am the kind of person that looks at something, and thinks..."there has to be a better way to do this."

As far as resources....Youtube is a wealth of information. Whatever the task for the day is...youtube it....watch/play along with the tutorial, then put your mind to it and see if there is any way you can improve what youve done. Rinse and repeat. Before you know it you will be throwing down quality models and textures.

Have fun with it and Good Luck!

janaucarre

Hi, 
For piboso's games modding,  you need 3dsmax2010, you can use bob's track builder to create the base of the track and export for rfactor and import it in 3dsmax.
Different tools are very useful,  3dsimed, photoshop with dds plugin,  all the 3dsmax plugins like edf exporter(piboso's tool), separate by id plugin,  and other.
Here is a person who send us his library of texture,  a lot of texture,  only for piboso's games and not for money making.

AUSSIEDIRT

Hey man.

As another rf convert who came here for speedway. Let me point u in the right direction. You need to go have a look how mxbike tracks are made to fully utilises how the deformation. Wrs is a very different monster to rfactor and the curve is massive as I've found. Shoot us a pm if Ur interested in collaborating.

Stealthy

Raffurty46

Thanks for the replys,

Only versions of 3dsmax I could find are 2013,2014 and 2015 I downloaded 2014 in hopes of it being supported soon.

Raffurty46

I don't think I'm doing this right... lol  :o  :-[

Phathry25

Best way I've found to learn stuff...

Pick a tutorial, follow it step by step.  Have it look like crap, nothing at all like the example.  Start again from scratch, have it look slightly better.  Start again from scratch....  Repeat until it looks like the example.

I know it's not pretty, or fun.  But it works.