• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:29:35 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

New to the bike world! any advice?

Started by Mace-x, October 20, 2015, 02:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace-x

Hi guys, i´m about to get into the road bike world, i´m buying a bunch of stuff and i wanted to ask for some feedback/buying guide.

For bike i´ll buy this loncin gp250, it´s a cbr 250 clone, it´s not the same but got a banger deal for it.
Specs:
Height to seat (mm): 780
Wheelbase (mm): 1348
Ground clearance (clearance) (mm): 175
Frame: Aluminium alloy
Front suspension: Telescopic fork upside
Rear suspension: Circular, monoamortyzator
Net weight (dry weight) (kg): 145 ± 10
Front Wheel Size: 110 / 70-17
Dimension of rear tires: 140 / 70-17
Max. load (kg): 170
Brakes front: Disc
Brakes rear: Disc
Engine: RE
Engine type: single cylinder, 4-stroke, balancing shafts
Cooling system: oil cooling
Cylinder volume (cm. Cube.): 250
Rated power: 18 hp (At 0000 rev / min.)
Power System: Carburetor
Running: Kikstarter and electric
Battery: 12V 7AH
Strength: multidisk in oil bath
Transmission (power transmission): 6-speed 
Max. speed (km / h): 150

Photos:

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4pm4vmeWaU

For the gear i will buy 3 things at first:

Helmet:
Bell qualifier momentum

Gloves:
I dont know, some acerbis or alpinestar leather gloves.

Jacket:

I´m sorry for the huge images, what do you guys think?  :)

Thanks for the feedback and your time, cheers!

Yohji

nice!!  ;D

I fell it very close to CBR250R...too :P

if you want to ride CBR250R... let's try it lol

https://www.youtube.com/v/4cJxT2wfP5E

have a good moto life Mace-X!

HornetMaX

Personal opinion: you're probably spending more money for your helmet+jacket+gloves than for the bike. Sounds like a no no to me.

A few basic rules I always apply:

• For 200$/200E you can already get a decent helmet. Everything in excess of 300E is often just marketing (not always, but often). Last year's helmet colors/designs are often -30% ... not to talk about the "replica" ones.
  • Jacket, gloves etc: there are many low profile brands (i.e. not Alpinestar, Dainese etc) that have excellent products for much less.
  • Bike: I have no idea of Loncin, but as my life hangs on the bike working properly, I'd be very careful in buying "clones". I have it from reliable sources that even some known names (Ben##i) went down the gutter when chinese took control of it. So down the gutter a tester once refused to even try one of their bikes ...

MaX.

Boerenlater

Don't forget boots! You really want to protect your ankles.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Napalm Nick

The bike has a kickstart so must be bought.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

JJS209

October 20, 2015, 12:45:04 PM #5 Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 01:50:12 PM by JJS209
"gear" is all you can do to stay alive.
i always buy the best i can. (depends on my bankaccount ;))

helmet:
Schubert SR-1

gloves:
Held Titan for track,
Modeka Racing Pro for daily use
Held Rain Cloud for daily use when its wet outside

boots:
Alpinestars SMX-5 Plus for track
Held Cartagena daily use only on bad weather conditions
Lowa Renegade normal city and daily boots

jackets:
Alpinestars GP-R Perforated with SAS-TEC Protectors city and way to work in the summer
Alpinestars Gunner Waterproof with SAS-TEC Protectors city and way to work in wet and cold conditons

pants:
Alpinestars ST-5 Drystar Textile Pants with SAS-TEC Protectors for daily use

rain:
FLM Tornado
NoName Rainjacket to wear over the GP-R leatherjacket for upcoming bad weather

leathers:
Arlen Ness Mission made to measure by www.skill-skin.com for track and longer trips e.g. to my gf its ~450km once a month

EDIT:

do not buy cheap stuff, that shoei saved my life (my old gear, pictures are from 2011):
the helmet is completly broken on the chin, my jawbone was it also... :(

Mace-x

October 20, 2015, 01:41:53 PM #6 Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 01:44:13 PM by Mace-x
Quote from: Yohji on October 20, 2015, 04:48:31 AM
nice!!  ;D

I fell it very close to CBR250R...too :P

if you want to ride CBR250R... let's try it lol

https://www.youtube.com/v/4cJxT2wfP5E

have a good moto life Mace-X!

Hahaha, thanks man, will try that mod for sure!  ;D

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 20, 2015, 08:23:53 AM
Personal opinion: you're probably spending more money for your helmet+jacket+gloves than for the bike. Sounds like a no no to me.

MaX.

Yeah max, you´re right, loncin uses bmw technology in they´re engines and it´s cataloged as one of the best chinese brands, i cant really afford a big brand bike ie. Honda cbr250r or similar.

Loncin gp250: $2327 usd
Crb250r: $4816 usd

The price i am getting the loncin for: $1507 usd (a friend of my dad has a dealer and i´ll buy it at shop cost.)

Now to the equipment, i plan on buying stuff in the moto store i work, so i dont have many chances, on the plus side i get 30% off everything  ;D

regarding the jacket i´m between an Atrox ($131) and the Astars ($190). both have the same protections but you can buy a back protection for the astars, wich i´d like to buy later on.

The helmet is $131 and the only other choice would be a mtr or a caberg, altrought the caberg escapes my budget ($292).

I have not yet decided on the gloves, seeing that i could not afford a better bike i wanted to go safe on the equipment, that´s why i´m asking for feedback and tryng to buy good stuff.

Btw i could buy an used 1990 Cbr 250rr for that price but i need something to use everyday to work, it needs to be easy on km/l, this bike gives around 30-40 km/l, altrought i freaking love the sound of that 4 cilinder mini monster  ;D

Quote from: Boerenlater on October 20, 2015, 09:28:50 AM

Yeah, i´ll have to buy em later, cant afford them now  :(
Don't forget boots! You really want to protect your ankles.

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 20, 2015, 09:46:37 AM

Lol why? xD

Quote from: JJS209 on October 20, 2015, 12:45:04 PM
i always buy the best i can. (depends on my bankaccount ;))

Thanks for the tips, i´ll do what i can, here i can buy Bell, Alpinestars, caberg, mtr, fox, ls2, techniks, atrox and a couple more brands, what i posted on top is the best i could find for a limited budget, hopefully is not bad equipment.

Thanks a lot guys!
The help is really appreciated!  :)

Boerenlater

Small tip: go to a motorcycle show/expo. They often have sales for gear.
I got my leathers for 100eur total at such an event.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Mace-x

Woah, that´s super cheap!  :o

Hopefully i´ll be able to afford better stuff in the future, for now i´m a little bit limited  :(

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Mace-x on October 20, 2015, 01:41:53 PM
[
Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 20, 2015, 09:46:37 AM

Lol why? xD

Well my friend, it is what we had before electric starters, and breaking an ankle when our BSA or Triumph gave us a blow back, was part of the experience.  :D Crazy as it sounds nowadays I would swop my electric button for a kick any day just for the mechanical man-machine energy transfer and the proud feeling of making a beast come alive. There is more to the biking 'experience' than the bike and the clothes (of course also very important, you are making some wise choices!).

So when you roll up on your Loncin at a veterans bike rally and those old boys see you kick it over a few times to get her running, they will look past the 'fashion show clothing' and '46'' stickers and see the blood of a biker inside. Insta-respec'  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Avoid chinese bikes...

It wont last.. What you save on the purchase price will be spent on keeping the damn thing on the road.

Buy an established brand 2nd hand bike for your 1st road bike.  ;)

RiccoChicco

October 20, 2015, 08:38:11 PM #11 Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 08:40:57 PM by RiccoChicco
My "low budget" gear :

Jacket : Rev'It Shield + back protector ->~250 euros (all seasons)
Gloves : Rev'It Striker (Summer) -> ~60 euros Alpinestars Yari Drystar (Winter) -> ~75 euros
Helmet : AGV K3-SV (bought for 300 euros, but now 200 euros). Not sure to advice it, after a bit more than a year it start to fall into pieces  ;D
Shoes : I haven't for now, but start thinking to buy some quite fast because of the upcoming biking licence (starting tomorrow  ;D)

About the jacket I tested nearly every jacket on the market and the Alpinestars were expensive and didn't fit well. Dainese are perfect but really expensive. My Rev'It was the best compromise : confortable, fitting well, not that ugly and not that expensive.

As an advice, I'll tell you to really be careful on your choices and sometimes it's better to have a lower budget for the bike to improve your "security package".

About Loncin, I heard about it years ago in GP125 category, but that's all. Stupid question but why do you want to start with a 2nd hand bike? You could have a lot better for less cash  :)

Docfumi

Just be SAFE on the road, you are most likely the last thing on most car drivers minds
so I treat all traffic as if they can not see you. I try to stay at a safe stopping distance
and in the field of view of the car ahead of me. All the best with your new bike and ride it like you stole it.  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

h106frp

Don't buy a helmet without trying it for fit first, not all brands will fit your head shape (Arai are too tight for me  :( but AGV and others are OK )

You probably will not keep this bike for long and its resale value will be low, have a look for a decent used bike and see what you can get for the same money.

My first non learner bike was a low mileage used Kawasaki GPX250, cheap fun and sold it on for what i paid for it a couple of years later.

HornetMaX

Quote from: JJS209 on October 20, 2015, 12:45:04 PM
Actually riding responsibly does most of it :)

MaX.