Author Topic: State of the Union  (Read 301 times)

BOBR6 84

• View Profile
Re: State of the Union
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 06:19:39 PM »
Looking forward to full on rallycross.  8)

Stout Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 06:56:14 PM »
WRS addendum.
Despite the lack of time, the future of WRS is much clearer.
While working on the bike physics, later this month, the plan is to greatly improve the tyre simulation on dirt for the cars, too, and to completely rewrite the suspensions simulation.
Then, as soon as possible, rallycross will be correctly simulated, with heats and joker lap. Heats support will be useful for sprint cars, too.
Very very glad to read this.  :) Keeping my fingers crossed.

On another note: KRP seems to get very good reviews overall. Main criticism is that there are too few players online, so racing does not happen which seems to bore many people who have bought the game. It seems like a strange thing. Maybe it just needs some more "promotion" to get the ball rolling? Maybe we from the GPB/WRS community should hold some fun races in KRP on a regular basis? It would be fun and in turn might ignite a KRP core community to grow and in return might help with KRP sales and to make Piboso sims a household name? After all it was not only the great physics but the racing with some nice guys that kept me addicted to GPB. Just thinking out aloud ...
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

speedfr

• Partir, c'est pourrir un pneu !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2017, 06:57:11 PM »
Hello,

Thanks "Boss" for the update and sharing with us your soul about the project and the way it will-could-couldn't take...
I'm quite new to GPB as a "licence owner" but i've been following it since the beginning (2006 ? i still have the gpbikes_alpha1.exe on my disk !!) and i'm from the GP500 mod world (PoluxCriville and RFR) and as an "old sim guys" i love GPB and the fact that it's hard doesn't make me do a U-turn but i think we are a group of special gamer or people. Because being hard doesn't stop us. But it stops a lot of "potential" buyers. The majority of them.
I mean i've been asking friends to try, the same ones that i ride with or spend my sundays with in front of the GPs, they think it's great to look at people playing this game but after 10mn they give up.

I've been willing to make a big topic on the French forum i spend most of my time, with vidéos, tutorials because you have to look hard to have the game running fine - things like the LAA Hack for example, but i keep hesitating because i know only 4 or 5 maximum are going to be really into it, maybe buy it but when they'll see the times it need to handle correctly, half of them are going to give up because they'll have the same speed sensations on Assetto Corsa or rFactor and more fun, faster...
The thing is, GPB is as close as possible to the reality so simulations are as hard as the sport is IRL. (Ask a car driver to ride a bike...)

And making GPB easely playable will destroy the objective of this simulation.

That's what Milestone and other understood, their product are easy to play with, in 10mn you feel ok and "have fun".
It's not the case with GPB.

So it's a dilemna, going to "big business" oblige to quit the "hardcore" mod of Piboso. And staying in hardcore puts the game into a separate area, away from the "big business".
To have free hands on what you do and have enough shoulder to support it needs money.  A lot of money. So far, the only one that "could" succeed into doing that is RSI with another kind of product : Star Citizen... it's another story but at least, since the mains studios said "no" (because its not for PS4/Xbox...), he had the guts to go to crowfunding and it did work. So far... 
On the other side, look what happened to No Man's Sky and the studio who did it, being eaten by Big Sony almost killed the stuff and now, they don't do what they want... Freedom is essential for the mind. At first...  :)
So the idea from TimboC137 might be to reconsider in some ways. That might be a good "poll" to know who is interested. But that a hell of work too on other side. (they have pretty much everything prepared on this kind of site ? non ? it's their business to help you !!)

Anyway, the fans are here, and they'll remains here.  ;)
To me, GPB is fine at the moment, the essential is here but sure, we'll always want more and more... 
Thank you for all the time and energy you spent on this babies of yours so far, and hoping you find a way to continue as long as possible.
In the best serenity possible.
And i wish you could keep up because this is just a f#&$*ng good job !  :-*
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 06:59:51 PM by speedfr »
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)

Testing EDTracker Pro on YT

TimboC137

• if you can't find it, grind it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2017, 07:56:43 PM »

The main problem of crowdfunding is that organizing a campaign and handling the rewards is extremely time-consuming.

That almost sounds like you're looking for a volunteer.

TheFREAK

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2017, 09:33:53 PM »
Well the best way to get difficult tasks done is to subdivide it into smaller ones and delegate them...  ;)

So Mr. PiBoSo delegate away, I'm sure there are "brothers" here in this community that will be thrilled to help.

TheFREAK