• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:57:04 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Why no penalty for Marquez?

Started by Blackheart, October 25, 2015, 05:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

For those who saw the Sepang GP, I will not talk about the incident (there's another thread)

I want to know what you think on the reason for Marquez to obstruct Rossi (similar to Phillip Island) I see no reason to favor Lorenzo (although both are Spanish, but I do not think this is the reason), but it is clear that it happened.  ???

Boerenlater

I didn't see any obstruction. Rossi can just pass him if he feels he is faster than Marc.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Blackheart

Has let pass Lorenzo (too obviously) and forced Rossi to fight with him. He never tried to go get the first (Mike Webb (RD) words).

Napalm Nick

October 25, 2015, 10:29:24 PM #3 Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:39:46 PM by Napalm Nick
An interesting question -  Possibly because even if Marc was obstructing - it can't be proved unless he admits it. No penalty can be given for what may be "ghosts in Rossis head" (a commentator quote not mine).

Edit: However, personally I think Marc should of stayed the hell out of it. Nobody should mess with a championship battle even if it isn't a 'rule'.

Come- on Bradley!  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hustin_Jawkins

On German website motorsport-total.com there's a quote from the race director saying that race direction agrees Marc is slowing Rossi on purpose. But also there is no rule that can be used against Marc's driving. Can see it here: http://www.motorsport-total.com/motorrad/news/2015/10/rossi-vs-marquez-das-sagt-die-rennleitung-15102507.html

Use google-translator, if that's not woorking out I can do the translation. Otherwise there are some other fellow countrymen around here ;) .

Like I said inside the other thread I am a Rossi-fan. Also do not like Marc's behaviour. But I can see his point. As a fan of VR46 I hate. But honestly as a rider I might copy Marc's style in some ways. Acctually been doing this occasionally during Kart racing years ago.

Napalm Nick

Good link, an interesting read and, at the end of the day, the only opinion that counts (Race Director).

Seems he says the same, right or wrong - no penalty because no 'rule' broken.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hustin_Jawkins

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 25, 2015, 11:01:43 PM
Good link, an interesting read and, at the end of the day, the only opinion that counts (Race Director).

Seems he says the same, right or wrong - no penalty because no 'rule' broken.

Agree.

Blackheart

Lorenzo has made a new friend ... for a little.  ;D

CapeDoctor

if anything upset me about this whole debacle, other than the incident itself, it is how Lorenzo started reacting and throwing his 2 vents into the after race discussions, when he should've stayed the hell out of it.
as much respect as i have for Lorenzo, i lost some more for him as well - and have now coined a new nickname for him, courtesy of on of my sport chat buddies - J-Lo.  lol

HornetMaX

Quote from: CapeDoctor on October 26, 2015, 03:58:46 AM
if anything upset me about this whole debacle, other than the incident itself, it is how Lorenzo started reacting and throwing his 2 vents into the after race discussions, when he should've stayed the hell out of it.
as much respect as i have for Lorenzo, i lost some more for him as well - and have now coined a new nickname for him, courtesy of on of my sport chat buddies - J-Lo.  lol
Indeed, Lorenzo is always in pole position when it's time to whine. Even if I think he is right this time (Rossi should have a point penalty), I think he should not have cried it out that loud (Pedrosa essentially said the same, but in a much more appropriate manner).

Another funny nickname for him: Lowrenzo :)

MaX.

JamoZ

After Stacey Moaner, we now have Whoregay Lowrenzo....

Stout Johnson

-----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Blackheart

Lorenzo proved not to deserve the world title this year. I hope in the usual miracle of Rossi in the race ... but it will be almost impossible this time.

matty0l215

Quote from: Blackheart on October 26, 2015, 04:22:05 PM

Lorenzo proved not to deserve the world title this year. I hope in the usual miracle of Rossi in the race ... but it will be almost impossible this time.

Throwing a paddy isn't reason for losing a title but It does show how immature the prat is...

Marquez was wrong in my opinion for not yeliding the position (if he had breaked he could have undercut rossi and fro'ed up the back straight) but in the same token, he did nothing that is penelty worthy.

And No-one at honda now are going to say "stay out of it" between vale and lorenzo so he will probably be right up rossis arse forcong him into mistakes at valencia. Then they can black flag him for being a little shit.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

October 26, 2015, 05:29:26 PM #14 Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:30:59 PM by Napalm Nick
hahahahaha yes actually I think that is rule 431 Article 2.2. "Any rider may be shown the black flag if considered to be a little shit"  ;D