• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:27:24 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta7b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Quick bug report - 125cc Cup bike, Victoria, Wet. Fell into the gravel - think I was entering it in a spin didn't expect it to get faster. Hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/v/VgXDrPSl0_4&feature=youtu.be
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on October 31, 2015, 03:09:30 PM
I get either multiple cores or no problems at all, seems to be server side issues

Yes, the randomness seems very strange. Yesterday I was getting many core.exe's. Today I have not had one core.exe.... yet(Touch Wood! Lol).

Let's hope it gets better when things settle down, sometimes they do for some reason.  :-\

Hawk.

JamoZ

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 31, 2015, 02:52:32 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on October 31, 2015, 02:45:00 PM
fresh install, no plugins, no mods....

core.exe after 5 seconds into first lap of the highly anticipated beta7(b)

good one.. see you on beta8 then jamoz..

Maybe, who knows what i`ll be doing in 2019....

Napalm Nick

fix: pitboard during practice

fixed confirm  :) see attached
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Quote from: JamoZ on October 31, 2015, 03:21:04 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 31, 2015, 02:52:32 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on October 31, 2015, 02:45:00 PM
fresh install, no plugins, no mods....

core.exe after 5 seconds into first lap of the highly anticipated beta7(b)

good one.. see you on beta8 then jamoz..

Maybe, who knows what i`ll be doing in 2019....

:D what do you think of the handling?

Napalm Nick

fix: reconnection during warmup and race

As ever, I have made a few assumptions about the meaning of this so if I am wrong please enlighten....

just been testing this with others online and really, really impressed  :o - if you lose internet connection you can continue the race on local PC and when the connection is regained you are still racing others!

tested this by disabling my Ethernet in a race and then because I simply didn't believe it did it again but pulled the Ethernet cable out of router hahaha! awesome.

Not to be confused with getting a core then being able to rejoin in race though which would be a daft hope

CapeDoctor

October 31, 2015, 04:31:55 PM #111 Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 04:39:18 PM by CapeDoctor
okay, so i tried to host a session a few times today - i can't see if i am actually visible online or not, but the session wasn't visible to anyone, apparently.
anyway, the session i started was Victoria Circuit, I chose most bike classes (would love to know where the 'Open' option is, i don't see that anywhere?) and selected the new RSW500 Aprilia for a few joyous laps around Victoria.
all was good from my side, but as i mentioned, i wasn't visible in the server list.
on top of that, now ever since then i am trying to get some more offline laps in, and no matter what bike i select, stock or modded, i get a 'missing bike' message.
it's almost as if the online session attempt totally buggered up my offline testing session.....  :P

edit: i've even tried creating a new profile, but the 'missing bike' message remains....

Napalm Nick

October 31, 2015, 05:00:23 PM #112 Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 05:25:54 PM by Napalm Nick
Very strange - I have also been hit with this "missing bike" message whenever I try to connect to my own server! Double checked everything and am stumped at the moment. But I watch the rugby now so if you fix it let us know lol.

PS: usual cause of server not being seen is router ports not open / not having same track / using special characters in the server name.

Edit: and don't forget you can look to see what servers are visible here http://stats.gp-bikes.com/servers.php?sort=comp even the B6c servers that are still running

Hawk

New Bug:

WET Track:
Victoria

Bike: Murasama 990

This bug happened on the start grid of a quick race on the GPBOC server running with a WET Victoria track.

A rider ran into me after he crashed on the start grid causing my bike to crash too. When I reset the bike back on track I tried to open the throttle to get going again and the bike just wouldn't hardly move - it kept stuttering and eventually crashing again no matter how much throttle I gave it to get going again.

Here is the short replay file showing the incident in detail:  https://mega.nz/#!XQciHJYC!mShQ5ZxnZBr7ZEfIp13h1qbrAI8QuDzvzFe4xtfoKRE

Note: Select rider "41 Hawk" from the replay rider menu to see the incident.

Hawk.

Super Taranta !

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 31, 2015, 05:00:23 PM
Very strange - I have also been hit with this "missing bike" message whenever I try to connect to my own server! Double checked everything and am stumped at the moment. But I watch the rugby now so if you fix it let us know lol.

PS: usual cause of server not being seen is router ports not open / not having same track / using special characters in the server name.

Edit: and don't forget you can look to see what servers are visible here http://stats.gp-bikes.com/servers.php?sort=comp even the B6c servers that are still running

I tried to join your server and there was no peoblem when I tried first. But got cored on second corner. After I tried again and cored again on last corner. On my third attempt It said 'missing bike' on both silverstone and victoria servers. Even on FR server. (I tried to join with Murasama of course. )
SuperTaranta #83

Napalm Nick

Thanks for your report SuperT.

What the heck is going on here with this "Missing Bike" message? It is spreading like a virus from Capedoctor

Napalm Nick

October 31, 2015, 08:29:09 PM #116 Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:14:55 PM by Napalm Nick
Just re-downloaded the Mod Bikes  (3) to both my games PC and the server GPBOC2 to ensure all same versions and still getting "Missing Bike".

What does this message mean? Missing on server/on client PC/on a car park in Timbuktoo?

Edit: Fixed it. Client reboot. Can now get on server OK

Edit 2: Problem was probably seen by anyone downloading the zipped version of the roadster from the database as this was found to be corrupt later today.

Napalm Nick

fix: data mismatch info

Test Report.

ecstatic to report this is confirmed fixed and the added info will save hours of Mod database checking and player head scratching (not that the databases will ever be less than 100% eh Matt?  ;D

Great work PiB.

couple of examples attached

Hawk

I've noticed over time that the front and rear tyres of bikes are not in touch with the track surface at certain points on tracks, including Victoria, especially going through the sharp right after Lurkey Heights I think it is(and I don't mean when pulling a wheelie or rear pops up when braking hard. Lol. ). The wheels do sometimes even lift off the track surface as though the bike is going over a bump too, although you don't feel that when riding. So something not right there.  :-\

Also noticed when going through a replay, when clicking the time slider backwards with the mouse, the replay data seems to lose track of the rider you've got selected from the rider menu. It didn't used to do that.

Hawk.

CapeDoctor

probably a question to make me look foolish, but what exactly is the fix for the missing bike message?
i must remove the roadster - FZ6? is that it?