• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Aprilia RSW500 by GPB ITA (physics) and Franco Pizzagalli (3d)

Started by fabio93bg, October 30, 2015, 07:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on November 03, 2015, 06:33:35 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 03, 2015, 06:23:09 PM
but at full lean angle surely popping the clutch would send any bike sliding down the track?

Well.... I'm not sure these days with all the electronic stabilizers they have integrated into modern racing bikes.... I mean look at what happened to Pedrosa when Marquez snapped his TC control wire to his rear wheel. Hehe  ;D

Yes, these kids do not even have to steer the bike, they just sit on it and wait for the end of the race :)

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 03, 2015, 07:43:41 PM
Quote from: Hawk on November 03, 2015, 06:33:35 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 03, 2015, 06:23:09 PM
but at full lean angle surely popping the clutch would send any bike sliding down the track?

Well.... I'm not sure these days with all the electronic stabilizers they have integrated into modern racing bikes.... I mean look at what happened to Pedrosa when Marquez snapped his TC control wire to his rear wheel. Hehe  ;D

Yes, these kids do not even have to steer the bike, they just sit on it and wait for the end of the race :)

MaX.

I never thought I'd see the day you agree with me on this one Max.  ;D

We are getting sarcastic in our old age, eh Max.  ;D

Hawk.

BozoCRO

Quote from: Hawk on November 03, 2015, 06:19:46 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 03, 2015, 05:12:21 PM
At full lean angle you can slip the clutch (in/out fast as many times as you want) it has no effect on the bike.

Not sure about this bike, but I'd have thought the powerband for a 2 stroke 500 would be more narrower and peaky than it currently is, but as I say, this bike is out of my era so maybe they found a way to provide that power in a wider RPM range than they used to in the classic era(1970's and 1980's) when GP500 2 stroke powerbands were almost all within a 3000 RPM powerband? That's what made the classic 500 2 strokes such nasty little beasts. Lol  ;D

Hawk.

This bike is a V2, and it's different to a V4 (most 2 stroke 500s were V4). It has less power then a V4, but it's got a flatter torque curve and it was very competitive in the rain and on tracks like old Sachsenring.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/race-report/69438/1/aoki-finishes-first-but-its-a-honda-pons-1-2.html

Hawk

Quote from: BozoCRO on November 04, 2015, 10:02:51 AM
Quote from: Hawk on November 03, 2015, 06:19:46 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 03, 2015, 05:12:21 PM
At full lean angle you can slip the clutch (in/out fast as many times as you want) it has no effect on the bike.

Not sure about this bike, but I'd have thought the powerband for a 2 stroke 500 would be more narrower and peaky than it currently is, but as I say, this bike is out of my era so maybe they found a way to provide that power in a wider RPM range than they used to in the classic era(1970's and 1980's) when GP500 2 stroke powerbands were almost all within a 3000 RPM powerband? That's what made the classic 500 2 strokes such nasty little beasts. Lol  ;D

Hawk.

This bike is a V2, and it's different to a V4 (most 2 stroke 500s were V4). It has less power then a V4, but it's got a flatter torque curve and it was very competitive in the rain and on tracks like old Sachsenring.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/race-report/69438/1/aoki-finishes-first-but-its-a-honda-pons-1-2.html

Now I understand why the difference.  8)

Thanks for the info and explanation BozoCro. Appreciated mate.   ;) 8)

Hawk.

Vini

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on November 04, 2015, 04:25:35 PM
Now we just need a triple like the RS500.

Do you mean the NS500 Honda Triple 2 stroke GP Bike?

That is coming!  ;D

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Vini

Nice, as long as it's a V3 :D

The RS500 (on which Spencer won the championship in 83) is the customer version of the NS500 and it got official factory support until 1990 iirc.
The Modenas KR3 used by Team Kenny Roberts until 2003 had a modified RS500 engine (crankcase induction instead of cylinder) that produced 170hp and had 'modern' chassis and suspension.

Allen

Quote from: vin97 on November 04, 2015, 08:33:37 PM
Nice, as long as it's a V3 :D

The RS500 (on which Spencer won the championship in 83) is the customer version of the NS500 and it got official factory support until 1990 iirc.
The Modenas KR3 used by Team Kenny Roberts until 2003 had a modified RS500 engine (crankcase induction instead of cylinder) that produced 170hp and had 'modern' chassis and suspension.

Funny, I thought the KR3 had an engine developed specifically for it by Tom Walkinshaw racing.. 
Whilst both are V3, the RS500 had one downward pointing cylinder and two up (hence the two exhausts out the back of the seat), whilst the KR3 had two downward and one up, and I recall that was to allow a narrower twin beam chassis and keep the weight lower.
The RS could get away with the two up as it had more of a perimeter chassis and apparently handled equally well with an RG500 motor transplanted into it by a complete nutter who worked as a mechanic for a Grand Prix rider, amazing some of the kit that turned up at UK national meetings..

ALEale

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doNico

Vini

You're right, Allen.
I linked the wrong picture.
It's of an older version of the bike.

The modified RS engine was only used in the very latest model ('Proton' KR3):

Gzehoo

Could you make "empty" (e.g. white) skin for Aprilia RSW500?

This one in the first post is difficult as a base for my own skin for this bike.