• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Discovered reason core (or anyway game crash) Online tested

Started by Blackheart, November 01, 2015, 01:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

With the current beta (7b) if set to 1 the texture_quality in gpbikes.ini the game, (random) u take error in max 3 laps (test on victoria track).  :o

In beta 6c I have never had these problems

janaucarre

Blackheart

Quote from: janaucarre on November 01, 2015, 01:43:53 PM
What does make/change this setting please?

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 20, 2013, 11:32:14 AM

texture_quality = 4

to set the quality of loaded textures.

The possible values are:
0 -> uncompressed, OpenGL default
1 -> uncompressed, 32 bits
2 -> uncompressed, 16 bits
3 -> compressed, OpenGL driver
4 -> compressed ( the default value )

1 gives the better quality and much faster loading times, at the expense of video ram usage and a performance hit.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Blackheart on November 01, 2015, 01:37:58 PM
In beta 6c I have never had these problems

Beware - Victoria before was not Dynamic so cannot be compared really.

Interesting find tho Blackie I hope PiBoSo considers all this info helpful. :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

I'm play on victoria (50+ laps) no problem with DS, it was just that .ini line.

Hawk

I've set texture quality to one, but get no more core.exe crashes on Victoria in beta 7b than I was getting before. I think your barking up the wrong tree there Blacky. More likely that it is because Victoria is now a DS track surface and not NDS like in beta 6.  :)

We found out about this DS to core.exe crash related problem a long time ago(hence the NDS Track versions), and the core.exe crashes tend to be completely random in nature on DS tracks. In other words one rider can get them a lot and yet other riders hardly get any.... It's a very weird type of problem, but it does seem that the optimisations of the DS for beta 7 have not solved that problem at all. :-\

Just for reference: Since I've been riding on NDS tracks again in beta 7b I've hardly experienced a core.exe crash.

Hawk.

Blackheart

November 01, 2015, 03:15:19 PM #6 Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 03:21:01 PM by Blackheart
My crash problem was for the textures set 100% sure. The your problems I do not know.  :-\

Certain that I have no problem with DS, both offline and online.

EDIT: Obviously I tried to reproduce it, for this I am certain.

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on November 01, 2015, 03:15:19 PM
My crash problem was for the textures set 100% sure. The your problems I do not know.  :-\

Certain that I have no problem with DS, both offline and online.

Well lets wait a few weeks and see if you still feel the same..... As I say, the core.exe problem on DS tracks is completely random in nature and although you may feel right now that there is no problem for you, in week or so, maybe even tomorrow it could turn on you and bite you up the arse badly again.  :-\

But honestly I hope that has fixed your problem, I really do mate.  ;D 8)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

well who the f knows??  ;D ::)

since MaX sorted out the MaXHUD.. no issues whatsoever.. so far.

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 01, 2015, 03:38:10 PM

The MaxHUD fix was only a solution for the core.exe crash after going straight to "Live Replay" after starting GPB.  :)

I'm beginning to wonder if the DS core.exe issue is having a psychedelic influence on people. Hehe  ;D ;D

Hawk.

Blackheart

Here the confirm  ;)

Quote from: Davide74 on October 30, 2015, 11:58:33 AM
Ok, I played with the graphical improvements that put GPbikes.ini friend Juju, I've delete and seems to already solved the problems of the cores.

sorry for my bad english..

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Hawk on November 01, 2015, 03:43:47 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 01, 2015, 03:38:10 PM

The MaxHUD fix was only a solution for the core.exe crash after going straight to "Live Replay" after starting GPB.  :)

I'm beginning to wonder if the DS core.exe issue is having a psychedelic influence on people. Hehe  ;D ;D

Hawk.

Yes.. but before i was getting cores every frickin lap.. even without touching the replays.

now.. no problems at all.

maybe just luck?

davidboda46

I get a lot of white line core.exe, meaning you hit a white line on the track (victoria) and boom: that's it for that session... have not had one in a long time before beta7, but remember I had the problem a lot with older betas, can't remember which once though, I've been playing since beta2...

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

zdincanada