• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:35:39 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes doesn't start

Started by BerScott, November 02, 2015, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BerScott

November 02, 2015, 10:21:44 PM Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 10:45:57 PM by BerScott
Hi. I've tried to find the same problem in the forum but I've found nothing similar.

I'm running Windows 10 x64 with the lastest Nvidia drivers. For more info I have a GTX 970, a Logitech G25, a Thrustmaster Hotas-X and some Saitek products connected.

I've also tried with administrator permissions and compatibility mode.

When I run GP Bikes it does absolutely nothing, also no error windows.

Any advice?

Blackheart

Try with administrator permissions in compatibility options, with me works  :P

BerScott

I forgot to mention that I've tried that already  :(. I will modify the first post.

Blackheart

Check if your antivirus stop the process "core.exe"  :-\

WALKEN

Help me, help you!

janaucarre

check if the game is well installed, if your antivirus was running during the installation perhaps it has blocked some files.

BerScott

Quote from: Blackheart on November 02, 2015, 10:47:15 PM
Check if your antivirus stop the process "core.exe"  :-\

Actually no. I'm using Windows Defender and it seems to not bock any GP Bikes files

Quote from: WALKEN on November 02, 2015, 11:42:50 PM
check your screen resolution.

Never had issues with screen resolution.

Quote from: janaucarre on November 02, 2015, 11:53:08 PM
check if the game is well installed, if your antivirus was running during the installation perhaps it has blocked some files.

I've make Windows Defender to not blocking any files, from the installer and from the target folder.

I've tried to install GP Bikes several times and it keeps not running.

Napalm Nick

November 03, 2015, 12:23:06 AM #7 Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:25:14 AM by Napalm Nick
did you try downloading the files again.

If not do it again and SAVE them to your PC. Execute (run) the installation as administrator.

Might help, might not.

Oh and delete all the old files first!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

November 03, 2015, 04:29:09 AM #8 Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 04:32:08 AM by CapeDoctor
yeah, i suggest re-downloading the file.
i also had strange problems with the first two attempts after downloading initially - i quote myself from an earlier post :

Quotei tried to install b7 just now, but for some reason, when i click on the exe, i get a windows error: 'the file is not compatible with your version of windows. check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x89(32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."
that is if i just run it as is.
if i try to run it as administrar, i get the following error: "windows cannot find the file gpbikes-beta7.exe. make sure you typed the name correctly and try again."
so, in essence, i simply cannot run the exe for b7.

for me, third time was the charm, and it worked perfectly.

BerScott

Tried all with any luck.

Is there any log file where I could get info about the crash?

CapeDoctor

there's no log file that i'm aware of, especially if the game isn't even starting....
the only other thing i can think of - where have you installed the game?
if it's inside your Program Files folder, i'd suggest uninstalling it and installing to another folder outside of Program Files, such as C:\Games\ or something else....
because of the way the newer versions of Windoze handles permissions inside the Prog Files/Prog Files(x86) folders, there are known issues with installing many games inside it.
if that doesn't help, then i am stumped...

HornetMaX

Hi,

• In which folder is GPB installed ?
  • Is there a core.ini file ? What's the content of that ?
  • Can you give the exact path of your "My Document" folder ?
  • Do you have a <My Documents>/Piboso/GP Bikes folder (Data folder)? Is there something inside ?

MaX.

BerScott

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 04, 2015, 07:38:12 AM
Hi,

• In which folder is GPB installed ?
  • Is there a core.ini file ? What's the content of that ?
  • Can you give the exact path of your "My Document" folder ?
  • Do you have a <My Documents>/Piboso/GP Bikes folder (Data folder)? Is there something inside ?

MaX.

• I've tried performing the generic install procedule in Program Files and I've tried installing it in C:/. Still not working
  • Yes. this is the content of the core.ini
    Quote[HACKS]
    ColorMipMaps = 0
    NoPBuffer = 0
    NoRenderToTexture = 0
    NoPBO = 1
    NoFBO = 0
    NoHDR = 1

[windows]
    compatibility=1

[hrs]
    width=3840
    height=2160
    multisample=4
  • Of course: C:\Users\David\Documents\PiBoSo
    Compatibility is set to 1 in core.ini
  • The folder PiBoSo in my documents folder is actually empty, but it exists

Are you guys able to run GP Bikes in Windows 10?

h106frp

I have had it running on windows 10 OK

HornetMaX

Quote from: BerScott on November 06, 2015, 11:24:39 AM
The folder PiBoSo in my documents folder is actually empty, but it exists
Bad sign. It may mean that, for some reason, GPB is not able to write there.

Do the following: install in C:/GP Bikes (i.e. not under Program files).
The edit core.ini and set compatibility to 0 (zero): this will make GPB write all his data in the install dir (C:/GP Bikes) instead of using the usual dir ( C:\Users\David\Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes).

May not explain why the standard stuff doesn't work but may allow you to play :)