• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:04:03 AM

GP Bikes doesn't start

Started by BerScott, November 02, 2015, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BerScott

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 06, 2015, 11:49:34 AM
Do the following: install in C:/GP Bikes (i.e. not under Program files).
The edit core.ini and set compatibility to 0 (zero): this will make GPB write all his data in the install dir (C:/GP Bikes) instead of using the usual dir ( C:\Users\David\Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes).

May not explain why the standard stuff doesn't work but may allow you to play :)

I've tried right now and still doesn't run. The mouse pointer loading icon blinks twice and nothing happens. I've also took a look to the windows task manager and the process core.exe doesn't appears neither.

HornetMaX

Ouch, I'm out of ideas ... usually it's a bad sign.

Napalm Nick

November 06, 2015, 12:19:53 PM #17 Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:22:44 PM by Napalm Nick
Try this - it is a tried and tested version. Might work might not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jb939vsm4cdu0t/gpbikes-beta7b.zip?dl=0

Ready!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BerScott

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 06, 2015, 12:19:53 PM
Try this - it is a tried and tested version. Might work might not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jb939vsm4cdu0t/gpbikes-beta7b.zip?dl=0

Ready!

Thanks Napalm Nick. Tried it and doesn't work neither. I've tried installing it in program files and in C:/. Tried also Compatibility=0 and nothing happens.

This is getting really weird...

Napalm Nick

November 06, 2015, 12:33:08 PM #19 Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:38:15 PM by Napalm Nick
Damn!

So try to make it run with your PC in Safe Mode?
Oh yeh Windows 10   :-X - http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2304-safe-mode-start-windows-10-a.html

Try to run with the exe set to different compatibility modes?

Im sure someone round here tried and got it working on W10 with no issues.

I think there must be another reason really tho.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

The only thing I can think for you to try, and I'm not sure if this will solve your problem but it's worth a try seeing as you must be getting desperate by now for a solution to this problem:

• Completely uninstall everything GPB, bikes, tracks, "Piboso" folder from your "My Documents" folder(Just move and keep a copy of your tracks folder alone before you uninstall GPB).

• Once you've uninstalled, use "CCleaner" to clean your system.

• Use "CCleaner" again to clean your registry, and keep cleaning your registry until nothing comes up that needs to be fixed in the registry.

• Right click your "gpbikes-beta7b" installer programme and select "properties from the sub menu.

• In the window that appears, is there a button named "Unblock"? It should be in the lower right side of the window.

• If there is then click it to unblock the application and then click okay and install GPB as normal.

• If there is no "Unblock" button, then I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.  :( :'(

• If you have been able to unblock the GPB installer, then I hope it solves your problem?  ;D

Note: This is just an idea that may or may not work, but is definitely worth a try given the circumstances.

Official CCleaner Website Download: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Really hope this works for you mate.....

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Good idea Hawk,

please use the function in CCleaner to make a Registry backup before any 'cleaning'.

BerScott

Thanks Hawk, but I tried that all even after make the first post.

I think I'm out of ideas too. I hope PiBoSo take a look here and brings some lights to this.

Thank you all for the tips, guys!

Napalm Nick

BerScott

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 06, 2015, 01:23:57 PM
Safe mode too?

I've not tried yet. But correct me if I'm wrong but 3D acceleration doesn't work in safe mode, right?

HornetMaX

Random thought, could be a sound problem ?
If I'm not wrong there's a log (or .txt) file in gpb directory showing some sound init info: can you find it and look inside it ?

(I don't remember the exact name/location and I'm at the office, but shouldn't be hard to spot it).

MaX.

CapeDoctor

clutching at straws here, but are you running it from a desktop icon or directly from the core.exe itself?
if desktop icon, try from the exe directly.
you've probably done it already from the sound of it, but when you run the exe, it might not be enough to right'click-run as administrator, but best to actually go into the core.exe properties - right'click/properties/compatibility tab - check 'run this program as an administrator'
sorry if you already tried this, then i am at a loss......in which case - HELP! PIBoSo! :D

Napalm Nick

Quote from: BerScott on November 06, 2015, 03:19:59 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 06, 2015, 01:23:57 PM
Safe mode too?

I've not tried yet. But correct me if I'm wrong but 3D acceleration doesn't work in safe mode, right?

Right. But if you can get the exe to run that would be 'a thing'  ;)

h106frp

Does GPB need the MSVC redistributable?

BerScott

Still not working

Quote from: h106frp on November 06, 2015, 05:12:16 PM
Does GPB need the MSVC redistributable?

That's exactly what I was looking right now. Will try to install some of redistribuitables to see if that works.