• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:14:47 PM

GP Bikes doesn't start

Started by BerScott, November 02, 2015, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janaucarre

i remember the problem that max say about it on skyrim,  on a fresh windows install.
The sound parameters were really to high for the game to start,  32bits when 16 was needed for example.

yoshimura

in Task Manager core.exe is active?

CapeDoctor

tried disconnecting (physically) all your controllers - G25, Saitek and/or whatever else. then install the game, and add controllers back one at a time?
just another straw, lol.....

BerScott

November 07, 2015, 12:31:48 PM #33 Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 12:33:21 PM by BerScott
Quote from: h106frp on November 06, 2015, 05:12:16 PM
Does GPB need the MSVC redistributable?

AFAIK GP Bikes doesn't need any distribuitable package (not really sure...), anyway I've tried installing some importants distributable packages from MS (Visual C++, Frameworks, XNA, etc). Didn't help.

But the interesting thing here is that some old Framework installer from early versions failed to open the *.exe the same way that core.exe. It appears for one second in the Task Manager and closes. (See my yoshimura reply in this post)

Quote from: janaucarre on November 07, 2015, 07:52:51 AM
i remember the problem that max say about it on skyrim,  on a fresh windows install.
The sound parameters were really to high for the game to start,  32bits when 16 was needed for example.

About the audio parameters, I allready tried to switch gpbikes.ini from 32 to 16 and back in the audio section, even before from starting this thread. It's tipicall that some audio devices return lot of problems with other devices, but all seems to be ok. Nothing works.

Quote from: yoshimura on November 07, 2015, 07:59:42 AM
in Task Manager core.exe is active?

That's the main problem. As soon as I execute core.exe or GP Bikes shortcut, it appears and disappears instantly in the Task Manager.

Quote from: CapeDoctor on November 07, 2015, 08:49:50 AM
tried disconnecting (physically) all your controllers - G25, Saitek and/or whatever else. then install the game, and add controllers back one at a time?
just another straw, lol.....

Yep, that's my last option, as my desktop is a total cable madness ;D

---

All my software is running without no problem, incluide all my games (mainly steam). I updated again my Nvidia drivers with the lastest version from two days ago, still the same problem.

I'm running out of ideas  :-\

Napalm Nick

Surely not the last idea, that will be the factory restore and try again!

If you ever try the Safe Mode you will see that it opens for a while then stops responding after a while. But at least it 'runs'. If yours does this too it still points to a 3rd Party software conflict at normal start up so, using msconfig you can start by turning off all non-ess services at boot and reboot/checking, then if this works, re introduce stuff until you find the conflict.

another idea for you at least.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

To use Blacky's analogy I'm clutching at desperate straws with this suggestion, but have you done a total system Virus, malware, adware and Rootkit scan? Just thinking you may have something on your system that shouldn't be there that is stopping the core.exe from activating? Might be worth a try, especially if you haven't done a total fresh OS install recently?  Toolbars and crap like that are also renowned for interfering with some software operations. :)

Have a look at your plugin manager to see if something has installed itself that you don't know about?

But this is a very strange problem.... I'd be tempted to totally reformat your HDD and reinstall your Windows 10 OS because something ain't working right in there for sure, even if it is only affecting your GPB core.exe activation. It really does sound like something is blocking Core.exe for some reason, and that can only be some software that has been installed either by yourself or in a way you don't know about(Malware or something) since your last fresh OS install  :-\

But as I say, I'd be tempted to do a total fresh install of your OS. Something is not right and a fresh install is sometimes the only way for sure to sort these problems out.

@Nick: Good advice mate..... Best to try your advice there above first before mine. ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Not as drastic as it sounds really, just use the inbuilt system image creator to image out your drive to an external device and keep safe (like we all do as a 'perfect backup' now and again - right?) then factory restore (W10 easy refresh with or without personal stuff) and try again. The best thing you can do for your PC after a while anyway. If still no joy you could always load your image back in.

However still more hassle than trying a few more ideas first  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on November 07, 2015, 01:08:59 PM
But as I say, I'd be tempted to do a total fresh install of your OS. Something is not right and a fresh install is sometimes the only way for sure to sort these problems out.
Have to agree with that. There's something definitely wrong on your PC at the moment.

Factory restore is an option. ComboFix could be another one but I don't think it works with Win10.

If you have little stuff installed, just reinstall win10 and straight after try to run gpb.

BerScott

This is getting interesting...

A friend of mine got GP Bikes today and seems to has exactly the same problem. He runs Windows 7 with a Radeon 7870.

Formating C:/ and making a fresh windows 10 install is not in my plans actually... I prefer to wait the necessary time until I find another solution or PiBoSo releases a new version  :-\ (400GB+ of software in C:/).

Fingers crossed.

The unknown modder

That's a strange thing, with another OS than yours he has the same problem.
Have you all the right on you Computer? You have something that your friend have to, and probably it comes from a game you have both, or a program.
Another thing before the big reinstall:
Try to mount a virtual machine with vmware and install the game in, only to know if it's possible, try with a win10 or a win7.

Hawk

Quote from: BerScott on November 07, 2015, 02:14:52 PM
This is getting interesting...

A friend of mine got GP Bikes today and seems to has exactly the same problem. He runs Windows 7 with a Radeon 7870.

Formating C:/ and making a fresh windows 10 install is not in my plans actually... I prefer to wait the necessary time until I find another solution or PiBoSo releases a new version  :-\ (400GB+ of software in C:/).

Fingers crossed.

In that case I would ask yourself what you and your friends PC's or GPB installs have in common? You may find your answer.  ;)

I run Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and I've never had a problem running GPB, So either your copy pasting stuff during your install from beta 6 or something is wrong with your OS Install on your PC's. Remember Piboso did state that Beta 7 requires a total fresh install.  :)

Hope you do find a solution mate.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

BerScott

Quote from: The unknown modder on November 07, 2015, 03:18:21 PM
That's a strange thing, with another OS than yours he has the same problem.
Have you all the right on you Computer? You have something that your friend have to, and probably it comes from a game you have both, or a program.

We have barely the same game software: flight and racing sims, but we've not shared any folders or software.
And yes, I use to get all admin rights, just to avoid these problems.

Quote from: The unknown modder on November 07, 2015, 03:18:21 PM
Another thing before the big reinstall:
Try to mount a virtual machine with vmware and install the game in, only to know if it's possible, try with a win10 or a win7.

That's a brilliant, sir. Great idea. I have to try that. Thank you

Quote from: Hawk on November 07, 2015, 03:26:20 PM
In that case I would ask yourself what you and your friends PC's or GPB installs have in common? You may find your answer.  ;)

I agree. Let's see if we can find the solution. We are on it.

Quote from: Hawk on November 07, 2015, 03:26:20 PM
(...) Remember Piboso did state that Beta 7 requires a total fresh install.  :)

Yes, all fresh installs until now.

HornetMaX

Quote from: BerScott on November 07, 2015, 03:30:06 PM
We have barely the same game software: flight and racing sims, but we've not shared any folders or software.
And yes, I use to get all admin rights, just to avoid these problems.
I doubt it comes from other games but it could be other stuff.

Do you (both) have any head-tracking stuff (e.g. TrackIR) ?
Drivers for special input devices ?

Napalm Nick

I don't understand why you are not trying what I suggest.  :(

h106frp

Is this any help?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/consumerwatch-2/documents-read-only-after-windows-10-install-4537987/?p=2

It seems that some win10 upgrade documents folders can become locked in read only mode, this may be why the ini files are not creating.