• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:50:01 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

#2016StartsNow

Started by Stout Johnson, November 10, 2015, 12:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on February 09, 2016, 10:27:06 AM
Quote from: HornetMaX on February 09, 2016, 09:45:20 AM
Quote from: Hawk on February 09, 2016, 09:38:59 AM
At a guess, I would say it's the same tyre disintegration problem they had in F1..... I'd bet it will be down to them trying to make the tyres as light as possible?
Unlikely, as if it's done to tyre wear, it can easily be spotted.
Last guess I heard was, as matty said, under-inflated tyre (but it's not confirmed).
As I understood the F1 tyre problem, it was more down to them designing a lighter construction of the tyre structure itself(particularly the side walls), as the tyres were delaminating the treads and disintegrating well before they were worn out.
I trust you on that, I'm just not sure it's the case in motogp.

Napalm Nick

Maverick Vinales fastest in test on his Suzuki Ecstar.  Go SUZY!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 18, 2016, 08:16:50 AM

Would really love to see Suzuki compete with the best on a regular basis (not just Q in Barcelona ;) ). I also cannot wait to see the KTM motogp bikes compete. Word is, that they might even be very competitive right from the start.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Napalm Nick

Yes indeed, KTM should make a good go at it (I hope too)  but I really can't believe they could be that competitive initially. But then again being in the top ten even with concessions is competitive.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

More competitive bikes, more fun !

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 18, 2016, 08:16:50 AM

Yeah "Go SUZY"! I would love to see Suzuki back with a very competitive bike.  ;D 8)

Hawk.