• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:14:35 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Joystick gremlin

Started by HornetMaX, November 23, 2015, 12:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Hi all,

I was about to try to use the EDTracker to control rider lean fwd/back when I realised that to do so, I will surely need to modify the response curves.

I've found this little piece of software: Joystick Gremlin

I haven't tried it yet, but it seems very very useful (input repeating, I was wondering exactly about that !!) if you're into this stuff (or if you build your own input devices). I'll give it a try soon.

MaX.

h106frp

Thanks for the link, could be useful because i am revisiting the 'force sensing resistors' with the idea of  joypad mounted front and rear force sensing brake levers to go with my paddle shift. Could be useful for cleaning up the output curves  :)

davidboda46

The problem with this software (just from what I read on the the website), and all others is that it like it, is that it is too complicated. You need Vjoy and this and that and the settings are usually very hard to understand, and it rarely works as expected. And even if you, after a lot of mucking about, manage to assign the right axis to the right controller, you usually still can't set the motion range manually. That is my experience anyway. What we need is a software-version of Piboso's calibration tool that is in GP-bikes, and then it should preferably also emulate the output as another existing joystick/wheel/gamepad so the controllers can be used in other games. GP-bikes, and others from Piboso, are the only ones where I can get my custom rig to behave as intended, or even just assign two controller to one setup. In games like Milestones Ride, MotoGP and so on, I can only assign maybe one or two axis and they never behave like they should. It is a bit strange that no game can at least recognize the Sidewinder wheel as a wheel, it is the USB-version after all. Then to ask the game to recognize the SW-wheel, the G27 pedal and the Logitech Gamepad board... no way...  Never figured out how to get around the problem... probably never will, but one can always dream. Would be nice to be able to use my custom controller in EA:s Superbike 2001 or Microprose GP500... as I said... dream...

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46     
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

@david: I have yet to have a look at JG, but in some cases complexity is necessary.
In GPB you can't alter the response curve as you like, you're limited to an unspecified deadzone + unspecified linearity. In some situations, that's not enough.

From what I've read, JG doesn't seem too complex. As often, a 20 lines tutorial will jump start you.
But then, it's only for special needs: custom hardware or, like in my case, trying to use a head tracker for rider movements (tilt your pad forward, rider leans forward, tilt it left, rider leans left).

doubledragoncc

David, try TocaEdit x360ce 32 and 64 bit software. I have all my axis in all Milestone games working exactly as I want and it give a chance to add an anti deadzone for steering stopping the horrible steering their games have.

https://www.youtube.com/v/EdybSKh5rbM

I have found that it works in most games and hope it might help you.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

davidboda46

DD: Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

teeds

Tried JG last night and once the how to use it penny dropped was very good, got exactly what I was after and can tweak precisely for when I get a proper in game test rigged up. It lets you customize the input curves way more than anything i've seen before, good find Max.

Sh@rk

@ double dragons
TocaEdit x360ce et il compatible au bu0836x de Léo ?

J'aimerai bien utiliser mon simulateur moto sur motogp ....

Merci pour ta réponse....

doubledragoncc

January 23, 2016, 11:34:54 AM #8 Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 02:26:47 PM by doubledragoncc
@Sh@rk

Pardon et mio parle francias pas?

Sorry I dont speak French but guess your asking if x360ce is compatible with Leo's BU boards? It is and works great, c'est bon

Set steering axis ANTI-DEADZONE to 6500 to start with, then adjust for feeling. Same with ALL games from Milestone and other bike games.

Only video for now of MotoGP15. New ones coming this week. IF I sort out my bloody laptop lol.

https://www.youtube.com/v/gpOAciS-NSM

Heres a video showing more of how x360ce makes the game think ANY control is a wired 360 controller.

https://www.youtube.com/v/EdybSKh5rbM

Thank god GPBike does not need it. Thanks Piboso, BEST input programming of all bike games/sims.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Sh@rk

Hello, excuse me for my bad English, my bu0836x are not recognized in x360ce my Yes, my Yes PAD wheel, be it change a few things in the software settings, if I plug only the bu0836x these grey and the BU0836 name does not appear.

bonjour,excuser moi pour mon mauvais anglais,
mon bu0836x n'es pas reconnu dans x360ce
mon volant  oui ,mon PAD oui,faut il changer Quelques choses dans les paramètres du logiciel ,
si je branche seulement le bu0836x ces grisé et le nom du BU0836 n'apparait pas.

Hawk

Your system is looking FANTASTIC DD!  ;D 8)

Just a few queries:

• I noticed a slight delay when turning your bars to the response on the screen - Have you got a dead zone set for your personal preference there?

• The foot pedals look superb mate.... I presume the gear lever works like a real gear foot pedal(1st gear down and other gears up actions)?

• I noticed that the brake lever travels all the way into the grip - I'd suggest designing a stop on the lever travel so the lever doesn't travel right into the grip and gives your fingers enough room to stay gripping the throttle at the same time as braking hard,  plus I think that would give you more a sense of being able to apply pressure while braking, as you said there was no pressure feeling on the brake lever due to having to make compromises(understandable)?
    I used to be able to operate the front brake lever with just one or two fingers while keeping grip on the throttle at the same time; I just think that if the brake lever is traveling all they way into the throttle grip it could cause issues.  ;)

Your doing a BRILLIANT job there mate.... Well done!  ;D 8)

Look forward to that next video!  ;D

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

@Sh@rk

I am making a video on setting up x360ce including combined controls this week. For now make sure you use these versions of 32/64bit x360ce from my dropbox, these are for the BU0836A but you need to make a fresh ini for your own BU even if these files were for the X version, each board has its own ID number. You must start the x360ce.exe and then enter your controller inputs for each button and axis before it is recognized properly. Save and close the program, now start the program again and it should now be seen in x360ce. Full setup video coming this week.

32bit x360ce: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qldtq1bn9hbwop/BU0836A%20x360ce%2032bit.rar?dl=0

64bit x360ce:https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gb4slxiha5utgb/BU0836A%20x360ce%20%2064bit.rar?dl=0

@Hawky Thanks bro.

The delay in milestone games is due to the compromise needed in not leaning the bars the full 64degrees each side as it is impossible if sitting on a couch, on the sit-on version you have full 64degrees left and right. ALSO big point here!!! as the camera(phone lol) is at an angle to the bars it only appears to be off. Even on my sit-on systems it looked off even when it was 100% inline.

The gear lever works as up and down like a normal gearshift, it depends on the game if it works as should be and ONLY GPBikes has it right and naturally you can have it reversed as on some bikes. Old XR750 from Harley had the frickin shifter on the other side of the bike, I hated it dude lol.

The front brake needs the movement to make it not to sensitive in games, a compromise again but needed. I am working on hydraulic for all brakes at moment. I mainly use only 1 or 2 fingers as I do in real life until I really need ankers then its the whole hand lol. Springs can be changed in a matter of mins to suit your feel.

Just been asked to build a sit-on system for Radical Simulation in Potters Bar and hope it will be the start of full motion systems too.

Hope this helped. Keep an eye on my YouTube channel for more info on software and hardware setups soon.

IASystems Computer Controls:  https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

DD

Hawk

Thanks for the explanation DD..... Sounds great!  ;)

Got your YouTube Channel added in my browser fav's.  ;)

I'm going to have to invest in one of your controllers sometime during the next few months.... I'll let you know as soon as I'm ready.  ;) 8)

Hawk.
PS: I presume I could have drop racing handlebars on it instead of the normal bars you have showing there? I presume it would still work okay?

doubledragoncc

Thanks for the very kind words Hawk. I custom build all systems to order. You can chose whatever you want, just hope its not Apehangers lol. My business partner in USA had 6 custom Harleys I built and everyone had frickin 30inch Apehangers!!!

Kidding aside its up to you bro. You just have to pay the additional cost over the standard parts. It is best to actually talk on the phone or Skype to get things exactly as you want. Your welcome to call anytime even if its just about GPBikes or other stuff, love a good natter lol.

DD

Sh@rk

Double Dragon thank you , I need your help thank you