• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:17:57 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GiorJoe Event | Murasama Cup @ Monza | WINNER - MEYER12| COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, November 27, 2015, 01:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Server has been reset get on it and set your Best-Lap-server time before the link drops  ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

malve

GP Bikes Germany - www.gp-bikes.de

Napalm Nick

Quick reminder for the Monza race later:

If you cut the chicanes you will get a 5 second penalty every time you do it (there is a timing marker on the track).

Be careful on the last corner if you go too wide you will also get a penalty. The grass is too far lol.

And if you keep cutting on purpose (gaining an advantage irrespective of penalty) then Giorjoe will disqualify your sorry cheating ass (probably).

So far nobody has ever cheated here so congrats on being a divine community to be proud of. Lets keep it that way.

;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

giorjoe

confirm for the race 21 laps...please attention during race your fuel and change your map engine during race...see you in grid good luck and good strategy

Napalm Nick

Quote from: giorjoe on November 30, 2015, 06:48:09 AM
confirm for the race 21 laps...please attention during race your fuel and change your map engine during race...see you in grid good luck and good strategy

Thanks Giorjoe,

First post updated.

PS: there is 20bhp difference between the Wet Map and the Qual Map. Riders may want to monitor their fuel use-age with MaxHUD and make sure they know how to change ECU maps on track  :)

Exciting!

Meyer#12

Woop woop! for once strategy, smooth riding and setup might make the difference ;) Just as racing in the real life and since i seem to be fast on worn tyres, i am looking forward for this :P
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

OK here is some information to help people who maybe don't know or don't have much time to practice.

I did a full 21 lap simulation.

Started on ECU mode 'Race1' - after 10 laps MaxHUD computed I had 10 laps of fuel left (and I needed 11)

Switched to ECU mode 'Race 2' - after another 5 laps fuel consumption was stabilised but MaxHUD computed only 5 laps of fuel left (needed 6)

Switched to ECU mode 'Wet' - after another 4 laps fuel consumption had dropped where MaxHUD computed I had 3 laps of fuel left (need only 2 now)

Switched to ECU mode 'Race 1' for a final push.

Ran out of fuel 50 yards from the finish line but made it  ;D

Other methods can be used to save fuel - lift early and coast in braking zones, use a drivetrain gearing with lower setting (less revs at high speed but slower accelerating) etc.

Attached is also a picture of my Hard Tyres (but I did have a few falls in the race)

Hope it helps. This will definitely not be a flag to flag sprint race it will be strategic. So even if you are slowest rider you have a good chance here.   8)

If you fall, remember you cannot respawn until clear of all riders - DO NOT GET IMPATIENT AND RAGE-QUIT PLEASE - everyone will fall I am sure and just getting to the end of the race might mean a win!

Napalm Nick

Oh and another thing - due to the lower power modes and hard tyres etc I was only averaging 1.57 lap times. The good news is I could do those times on all ECU modes (due to the falling weight of the fuel). 8)

Blackheart

Ok all very nice, but with those tires (by your pic) is not possible to stay on track ...  ::)

Napalm Nick

November 30, 2015, 12:28:31 PM #39 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 12:42:56 PM by Napalm Nick
it was fine buddy I think another lap would have been a disaster though lol

I did have two off-track excursions that when I got back on track with gravel tyres they span a lot probably did not help but sides are still OK lol.

The front tyre wear is scary I don't know if t was caused by my falls or if I need to address my setup.

Blackheart

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 30, 2015, 12:28:31 PM
it was fine buddy I think another lap would have been a disaster though lol

I did have two off-track excursions that when I got back on track with gravel tyres they span a lot probably did not help but sides are still OK lol

Ah ok  :D

Since I have free time today, I try the same 21 laps, maybe we see any difference  ;)

Napalm Nick

Blackheart

Done  ;D

21 laps on hard tyres (no fall), average time 1:57 best lap 1:56

19 laps in ecu mode race1
1 Lap in ecu mode wet
1 lap in ecu mode qually

Tyres:

Gzehoo

Finally! (although I was going to go under 1:58)

And my real top speed was 352km/h but I used brakes before top speed counter.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Blackheart on November 30, 2015, 01:42:50 PM
Done  ;D

Superb so you are using less fuel than me it seems and also your tyre wear is better - apart from that very hot rear centre! 100 deg!

Crumbs I must reassess my drivetrain I think. Glad our av. lap-times are similar though.