• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

World Racing Series beta4

Started by PiBoSo, December 15, 2013, 10:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BozoCRO

Sorry cant say much about the difference with new beta but Iam wondering why did you lower the RPM and restricted the gearbox on the Fiesta???
It's got so much power and its great fun to drive at fast circuits. The gears are even too short for Victoria  :(

oppolo

Quote from: BozoCRO on December 16, 2013, 10:12:48 PM
Sorry cant say much about the difference with new beta but Iam wondering why did you lower the RPM and restricted the gearbox on the Fiesta???
It's got so much power and its great fun to drive at fast circuits. The gears are even too short for Victoria  :(

it's more real. it's a rally car, we should have dirt track in the future  ::)

BozoCRO

ok, I see...
But since it's only 4 cars in the game at the moment, why limit it to just rally cross?
Or maybe make a new car with this same model for cup races? Maybe front wheel drive or less power, whatever is easier to do.

Docfumi

Sorry to bring it up again but it came to my mind that if the Caterham/Tandridge SL RD was intended to be in this Beta release
and is finished, then would there be the possibility to release it as an Add-on Car/Patch in the near future?

Cheers
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

oppolo

Quote from: BozoCRO on December 17, 2013, 12:01:10 AM
ok, I see...
But since it's only 4 cars in the game at the moment, why limit it to just rally cross?
Or maybe make a new car with this same model for cup races? Maybe front wheel drive or less power, whatever is easier to do.

yes but P wants to give real cars with fake name, if you know there is something else of real with RX chassis, you could suggest

BozoCRO

Hmmm... Iam sure someone somewhere is racing a F... I mean RX :D Cup with FWD and an engine with about 150HP.

Since the new update allows added cars, I'll give it a try  8)

QuoteIn the meantime, a very quick tutorial to at least have one new bike to experiment with.
1: Unpack bikes.pkz
2: make a copy of "varese_v594" ( it's an easier bike to start with )
3: assign the new bike an ID, for example "testbike"
4: rename the new folder to "testbike"
5: in the new folder, rename "varese_v594.ini" to "testbike.ini" ( the INI file MUST have the same name of the folder, that is the ID )
6: open testbike.ini and change the name and shortname
7: rename "varese_v594.cfg" to "testbike.cfg" ( again, the CFG file MUST be named as the ID )
8: open "testbike.cfg" ( it's a text file, like all other physics files ) and change the first ID to the correct one, in this case "testbike".
9: ??
10: profit

Some notes:
The CFG is the main file, that "glues" all the other physics files together, and sets all the mechanical, rider and aerodynamic data.
The GEOM file defines all the geometric properties of the bike: link points, center of mass position, rake angle, suspensions movement, collision shapes, and so on.
The ENGN file defines the on and off-throttle torque curves. The units are RPS and Nm ( will probably be changed to RPM in the future ).
The TYRES files define the tyre properties. It is not recommended to change them, unless you really know what you are doing.

BozoCRO

oppolo

December 17, 2013, 07:28:55 PM #22 Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 07:30:35 PM by oppolo
Quote from: BozoCRO on December 17, 2013, 07:14:12 PM
...or not.
Files are locked  :(

yep I knew that, only P can make new cars, so  a RX Cup  FWD with  150HP, it's less than a WTCC

robby

Quote from: BozoCRO on December 16, 2013, 10:12:48 PM

i gave piboso the data off a real fiesta rx car
greets robby

Docfumi

I KNOW I`M A PAIN IN THE ARSE  :o

@ Piboso, can you tell us what your plans are for the missing car please.

Cheers

capeta

Thank you Piboso for the 2 new betas don't finish to dl them but i am pretty sure it's a good job because of the changelog...

PiBoSo

Quote from: docfumi on December 25, 2013, 10:37:55 PM

Cheers

The new cars will be released as soon as possible.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Docfumi

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 26, 2013, 11:59:35 AM
Quote from: docfumi on December 25, 2013, 10:37:55 PM

Cheers

The new cars will be released as soon as possible.

Sorry for beating you up with the same post I know it´s only been a week or so and the Holidays
did not make things any better I´m sure. All in all this is very good news and I eagerly await
the release of the new car. Thank you  ;D