• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:01:22 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

B7 Mura 990 Small lean angles create large lateral oscillations

Started by h106frp, November 29, 2015, 12:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 23, 2016, 08:34:54 PM
Quote from: Hawk on February 23, 2016, 07:44:38 PM

It's still present in the updated beta 8 mod bikes too? Sorry, I haven't had chance to test any yet.  :-[

Hawk.

I don't know about the updated Beta 8 bikes because we don't really have any fully released ones yet , only the stock bikes and Beta 7 Mods. If it is not present on the Beta 8 bikes then that will be a small Triumph (geddit?) but only means the problem at the heart of the bike has been tuned out.

Just been taking the Varese around the A1 Ring and its a wobble fest  :-X

Got it. Lol  ;D

Unless it is an inherent physics issue, I'm pretty sure it can be tuned out in the bike physics files with some good testers providing feedback.

A good point for Piboso to note, and let's wait and see what the bikeMODS bring on.  :)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Meyer#12

Well i do agree it is a big problem, but at A1 ring with Mura in the race, i must admit that i thinking riding style and setup could help it a lot since i didn't feel big difference from start to end. I was doing better laps average in last part of the race than in the start, so it might be helped by setup work :)

Just my opinion as a calm and smooth racer lol
Meyer#12

Vini

Mind uploading an onboard lap with 4 liters of fuel then?
Are you using TC or AW?

I really don't think those kind of wobbles could have been completely avoided but of course it would be nice :D

Meyer#12

Not completely avoided no, but i didn't feel any trouble going low to mid 1.27 all the race, was fastest in sector 1+2 at the end of the race and just a tad slower in 3 + 4, but mainly due to my own riding and not setup wise.

Not too good with the video uploads, haven't done any yet.
Meyer#12

Vini

you could also just upload the GPB replay file which you find under documents\piboso\gp bikes\replays
hard to know what you are talking about without video.

well, said it wrong. of course i could have avoided them by almost never going flat out but if i wanted to get half decent acceleration on the straight, I couldn't do it.
there was no way to push the bike without losing a lot of time.

so what about traction control and anti-wheelie?

Meyer#12

Yeah i understood what you mean, will try to make a replay for you :) otherwise take a look at last laps of the mura race from yesterday? :)

I have 0 AW and 0 TC.

I was doing pretty much low-mid 1.27 all race without problems, and i didnt feel big difference in wobble from start to finish, might be my riding, might be setup or might just be luck.
Meyer#12

Vini

Quote from: Meyer#12 on February 23, 2016, 10:59:20 PM
Yeah i understood what you mean, will try to make a replay for you :) otherwise take a look at last laps of the mura race from yesterday? :)
Thanks!
I am afraid it will be too laggy because somebody else recorded the replay.
You don't have to record and upload a video, the rpy file should be sufficient.
Otherwise it's not possible to tell how much you had to push the bike to make it wobble.

Napalm Nick

Just take any bike and lean it at 30 degrees , the faster you go the worse it is obviously. Do the Hockenheim 79 thing you cant mistake it!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Meyer#12

I agree nick, with throttle and lean all the bikes do wobble quite a bit, but as i hear it, it got worse and worse and almost unrideable for people, i didn't see that big change in my race, that is why i wonder what the problem is.

As soon as i have time to do a few laps i will upload the replay for you Vin. Just few laps, 4l fuel and hard tyres fine?
Meyer#12

Vini

Perfect, thank you very much!

Would be good if you could do one smooth lap (like you did in the race) and one where you purposely ride a little more aggressively.

BOBR6 84

all seems (to me  ;D) related to how the bikes turn in general in GPB.. like the post/thread from janau about the dodgy dragging front end.. like walken pointed out about how the bike/tyres interact with the track.. iv'e always had the feeling that the bike wants to stay pointing forward, and when you tip into a corner the front drags sideways instead of ''tracking'' the track surface and ''looking'' natural..

so maybe these wobbles/oscillations with small lean angles has something to do with the bike wanting to point forwards instead of tracking the surface naturally..?? some conflict somewhere maybe?

just finished a nightshift.. be kind  ;D :P

doubledragoncc

Hi guys, well I dont know about you but I get this with most bikes for the last x number of betas. I thought I would do a video with 4 cam views so we could see the way the front is acting. I did not push it and purposely rode slower as it is to do with a lower angle of lean and defo seems to be around the 30 degree mark. Best watched in 1080p full screen on YouTube.

Well see what you recon. Love this GP15 though, I gonna have sex with it later lol.

https://www.youtube.com/v/en5WvqaI50w

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.