• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:50:58 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Suggestion

Started by Blackheart, December 01, 2015, 03:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

ENG:

Seen that the first race is Monza, perhaps would be better written a little rule on the "lines change", I would not like to see people do zig-zag to avoid giving the slipstream  ;D

ITA:

Forse sarebbe giusto dare una regoletta sui cambi di linea nei rettilinei, non vorrei vedere gente fare zig-zag 3 o 4 volte sui rettilinei per non farsi prendere la scia, è poco realistico, ed anche pericoloso  ;D

matty0l215

Quote from: Blackheart on December 01, 2015, 03:48:50 PM
ENG:

Seen that the first race is Monza, perhaps would be better written a little rule on the "lines change", I would not like to see people do zig-zag to avoid giving the slipstream  ;D

ITA:

Forse sarebbe giusto dare una regoletta sui cambi di linea nei rettilinei, non vorrei vedere gente fare zig-zag 3 o 4 volte sui rettilinei per non farsi prendere la scia, è poco realistico, ed anche pericoloso  ;D

Excessive weaving (zig-zaging) isn't/shouldn't be allowed in any racing! I think the rule is one line change per straight (within reason)

So for instance, at monza you could be going up the back straight and make one move to break the slipstream. But then no more!
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Meyer#12

I agree! One change of line down the straight but only if you are absolutely sure of not hitting anyone else! If people find this difficult, then it should be no change of line :)
Meyer#12

ALEale

Yeah great suggestion, rule accepted :)

Thanks for the help

ALEale

Hawk

Bhaaaarrr! Humbug!! Hehe.  ;D

Hawk.

matty0l215

Quote from: Hawk on December 01, 2015, 07:53:07 PM

Hawk.

Just cause you cant defend in the corners :P

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on December 01, 2015, 08:17:34 PM
Quote from: Hawk on December 01, 2015, 07:53:07 PM

Hawk.

Just cause you cant defend in the corners :P

LOL..... I'm going to put give James Bonds "Q" a call about some anti-slipstream measures. Hehe!  ;D

Personally I'm not one for weaving about trying to break slipstreams. But I do find that sometimes it seems rules are just being created to make things easier for riders rather than realising that if your fast enough to get into someone's slipstream then you should be fast enough to pass them in other areas that don't need a slipstream. More fun surely?  :)

Let's face it, I'm sure there are not that many that weave around trying to break slipstreams that warrant a ruling to be made for it - I've very rarely come across it but I know there are a select few that do it as a matter of course, but I do think that weaving to break slipstream is not an honourable thing to be doing and is going against the spirit of sportsmanship.  :)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Iv'e weaved down the straight like a mad man before in GPB trying to stop somebody getting a tow....

Reason being.. The guy behind took a huge wide line (on the run off area) entering the straight to keep up lots more momentum.

So I was like ''f#ck that, have some of this'' hahaha but it didnt work. Very annoying.

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on December 01, 2015, 10:15:06 PM
Iv'e weaved down the straight like a mad man before in GPB trying to stop somebody getting a tow....

Reason being.. The guy behind took a huge wide line (on the run off area) entering the straight to keep up lots more momentum.

So I was like ''f#ck that, have some of this'' hahaha but it didnt work. Very annoying.

Haha! Love it!  ;D

Hawk.

matty0l215

Ah yes. Running wide but keeping full throttle because you can.

This pisses me off no end, just because i stay within the track shouldnt mean i get a disadvantage. (Turn 1 at hokemhiem is a prime example. Not punishment for full throtle entry)

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on December 01, 2015, 11:02:27 PM
Ah yes. Running wide but keeping full throttle because you can.

This pisses me off no end, just because i stay within the track shouldnt mean i get a disadvantage. (Turn 1 at hokemhiem is a prime example. Not punishment for full throtle entry)

That's what the checkpoint markers are handy for - penalizing those that abuse the track limits.  ;)

Hawk.