• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 09:09:43 AM

Base geometry for bike models

Started by h106frp, December 08, 2015, 09:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

As the existing base model resource has been declared 'illicit' i am now a bit confused as to where to find descriptions for creating a bike model in GPB.

I was only mildly curious about the modelling side of GPB - i did a bit years ago for GP500 with blender i.e. i need basic models in something other than .max, exporting in OpenGL form is not a problem.

I would expect at the minimum to need to know the part naming and parenting structure of the model, basic geometry constraints, orientations, scaling and origin positions for model components.

I was mainly interested in the 1P view model but i have deduced that the easy (lazy) way to do this is to reference the main bike model so i assume that a 1P cockpit model is identically referenced but just contains the cockpit model objects in greater detail - but what happens to the redundant component references?

With no reference bike where is the required model documentation? Could someone produce simple wire frames to use a base models?

I have probably lost interest in this with all the trouble it has caused but i am now even more confused as to how someone could get started from scratch.

RiccoChicco

I'll send you the YZR-M1 once at home, it should be enough for a start. It's scaled and ready to export into GPB :)

h106frp

December 08, 2015, 11:10:10 AM #2 Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:56:39 PM by h106frp
Thank you  :) Can you export in 3ds or obj?

davidboda46

Ricco, could you send it to me as well? I've been playing around in 3dsMax but I also need some reference material. Not that it means I'll actually manage to make a finished model but at least I'll have a fair chance :)

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46 
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

RiccoChicco

Quote from: davidboda46 on December 08, 2015, 01:43:28 PM
Ricco, could you send it to me as well? I've been playing around in 3dsMax but I also need some reference material. Not that it means I'll actually manage to make a finished model but at least I'll have a fair chance :)

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46 
Quote from: h106frp on December 08, 2015, 11:10:10 AM
Thank you  :) Can you export in 3ds or obj?

No problem  :)