• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:04:03 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Anti-aliasing settings

Started by HornetMaX, December 08, 2015, 10:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

I usually run GPB with all graphics settings maxed out at 1920x1080 @ 120Hz. I've just stumbled on something that surprises me: the two images below are taken with anti-aliasing at 0x (off) and at 16x (you can click in the images to download full size to check the differences full-screen).

The differences are tiny and definitely not where I was expecting them. Am I missing something ?

I have an AMD card and I haven't created a dedicated profile in Catalyst (so for example, AA is set to "Use application settings").

Blackheart

The filter is not present in any of the two images, it had happened to me I had fixed it with a update of the driver video (nvidia in my case).

The second image does not have the reflexes, it happens changed graphics options in the game.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Blackheart on December 08, 2015, 11:25:13 PM
The filter is not present in any of the two images, it had happened to me I had fixed it with a update of the driver video (nvidia in my case).
That's my impression too. Drivers are up to date (except ultra-recent release of Crimson edition drivers), shouldn't be a problem.

Also, if I force AA in Catalyst, then I do see its effect in GPB. Strange. Could be the usual AMD drivers mess ...

Aniso seems to work fine though.

Quote from: Blackheart on December 08, 2015, 11:25:13 PM
The second image does not have the reflexes, it happens changed graphics options in the game.
It has the reflexes, the parts are just darker for whichever reason (it seems to be a quirk of switching graphics settings on the fly).

I took 4 images avoiding the problem of darker parts (left AA 0x, right AA 16x):

Blackheart

The difference between AA x0 and AA x16 in my config is this: (I forgot to turn off FX Sweet, but never mind)

AA no

AA x16

Easy to see the difference (not huge) in the contours and on the right curb.

HornetMaX

Yeah, I see the same diff when forcing AA in Catalyst or when using ReShade AA.

AMD + OpenGL = FAIL