Author Topic: Tandridge SL RD question  (Read 826 times)

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
Tandridge SL RD question
« on: December 11, 2015, 09:55:40 PM »
I was playing around with the "Caterham" earlier and although it drives very nicely I cant seem to get the gearbox to work properly.

It keeps going in to neutral when changing gears (mainly down) or not even shifting gears, just staying in the current gear. I'm using a 360 controller and this problem is using both shift help on and off.

Any ideas or am I just shifting wrong :P

teeds

• View Profile
Re: Tandridge SL RD question
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 10:12:13 PM »

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 10:14:32 PM »
Even with Shift Help off, the problem is still there. The car doesn't want to shift gears.

Stout Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 10:35:35 PM »
Even with Shift Help off, the problem is still there. The car doesn't want to shift gears.

I talked to other guys about this: The Caterham shifts absolutely realistic. You need to get used / practice:
- on upshifts make sure to be off the gas completely before shifting up
- on downshifts make sure to be off the gas completely, change the gear and blip the throttle (!!!) while shifting (if you use shift pedals on steering wheel then make sure to hold the shift pedal pressed rather long - you have to realize it uses standard handshifting, so the simulation of this needs more time, until the gear has disengaged (N) AND shifted into new gear); if you have a standard H-shifter with your wheel use this for shifting with the caterham because then you will see how much time it actually takes

If you practice the above (don't hurry the shifts) then you will see there actually is no problem with the car or with the sim. You are used to have the shifts made within milliseconds, but it is not realistic with a car like the Caterham. Actually, I like Piboso's ultra-sim approach very much, because you really have to earn to master a car, just like in real life.  ;)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 10:38:25 PM »

I talked to other guys about this: The Caterham shifts absolutely realistic. You need to get used / practice:
- on upshifts make sure to be off the gas completely before shifting up
- on downshifts make sure to be off the gas completely, change the gear and blip the throttle (!!!) while shifting (if you use shift pedals on steering wheel then make sure to hold the shift pedal pressed rather long - you have to realize it uses standard handshifting, so the simulation of this needs more time, until the gear has disengaged (N) AND shifted into new gear); if you have a standard H-shifter with your wheel use this for shifting with the caterham because then you will see how much time it actually takes

If you practice the above (don't hurry the shifts) then you will see there actually is no problem with the car or with the sim. You are used to have the shifts made within milliseconds, but it is not realistic with a car like the Caterham. Actually, I like Piboso's ultra-sim approach very much, because you really have to earn to master a car, just like in real life.  ;)

I didn't think it was a problem with the game :P a few of us tried the various cars earlier and the "BMW" brilliant the the "Fiesta" was a blast too

I'll give this a go and report back :)