• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Greetings from Poland

Started by Slawi, December 17, 2015, 06:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slawi

Hello everyone. I'm Slawek. I'd like to wish all the best to Piboso, a lot of persistence with your project, I do believe WRS is gonna be a great simulator. Let me introduce myself. Maybe among other WRS players I'll find someone with a similar approach to simracing and we're gonna have a lot of fun with WRS.
I've been to simracing for many years (I started with rf 1 after Kubica's first race in Hungary in 2006). After a couple of years I learned about telemetry analysis and I found it my passion. I used to analyze my own telemetry, other's simracing telemetry and, due to my persistence, I managed to analyze real racing telemetry in Radicals and VW Castrol Cup (both using AIM). I'm fimilair with the above-mentioned software (Netkar Pro, Assetto Corsa) as well as with Motec (Rf1, Rf2) and Atlas (Iracing). I'm a 100% realism simracer which basicaly means I want to simulate as many things as possible during the gameplay (no ESC, heavy crash = end of the session and stuff). Due to lack of too much time I'm looking for people who prefer 100% realism and skill development rather than making fantastic times after countless amount of crashes. I have great plans for the nearest future (after the Oculus Rift's been released) to create so called Track days where people meet together, drive, chat about the racing line, braking points etc., just like in real life events which I used to attend a lot. I do hope WRS will provide us with such an option (something similar to netKar Pro).  Feel free to contact me and stay in touch for the future.

HornetMaX

WRS can dump some telemetry data by itself in .csv format, look here : http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=20.0

WRS does not provide any telemetry analysis/visualization tool but you can have a look at the one I've done here: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1151
Of course, it has no ambition to compete with the pro tools you mentioned but as these are not free and/or their data format is not public, I took the long road and decided to make something for PiBoSo's simulators (WRS, KRP, GPB and MXB).

As you seem to have quit some experience with real tools, any comment on MaxTM is welcome.

Slawi

Sure, I'll take a look and give feedback. I couldn't find information about the channels which can be displayed, though.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Slawi on December 17, 2015, 08:27:44 AM
Sure, I'll take a look and give feedback. I couldn't find information about the channels which can be displayed, though.
Essentially everything that WRS passes in its plugin interface can be displayed by the tool. Just give it a try, you can use the plugin even with the demo version.

Actually you can try the MaxTM telemetry viewer even standalone: it comes with a 1 or 2 example files (which are from GPB, not from WRS, but that doesn't make a big difference).

Slawi

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 17, 2015, 08:37:16 AM
Quote from: Slawi on December 17, 2015, 08:27:44 AM
Essentially everything that WRS passes in its plugin interface can be displayed by the tool. Just give it a try, you can use the plugin even with the demo version.

Actually you can try the MaxTM telemetry viewer even standalone: it comes with a 1 or 2 example files (which are from GPB, not from WRS, but that doesn't make a big difference).

Great. I'll give it a try this evening.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Slawi on December 17, 2015, 06:57:04 AM
I'm a 100% realism simracer which basicaly means I want to simulate as many things as possible during the gameplay (no ESC, heavy crash = end of the session and stuff). Due to lack of too much time I'm looking for people who prefer 100% realism and skill development rather than making fantastic times after countless amount of crashes. I have great plans for the nearest future (after the Oculus Rift's been released) to create so called Track days where people meet together, drive, chat about the racing line, braking points etc., just like in real life events which I used to attend a lot. I do hope WRS will provide us with such an option (something similar to netKar Pro).  Feel free to contact me and stay in touch for the future.
Welcome Slawi, great to have guys like you here (experienced, realism enthusiasts)! Hope to see you on track sometime ;)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------