• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:57:23 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Sprint car track downlaods

Started by tirespin24, January 02, 2016, 09:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tirespin24

January 02, 2016, 09:58:36 PM Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:48:41 PM by tirespin24

Mace-x

Nice to see some tracks coming!   ;D
looking nice!

Hawk

Hi tirespin24.

Would you like me to put these tracks into the WRS track download database or would you like to wait till you have version 1.0 released?

I'm quite happy to put these in the database now if you want me to do that mate.  ;)

Hawk.

tirespin24

Quote from: Hawk on January 04, 2016, 07:33:47 PM
Hi tirespin24.

Would you like me to put these tracks into the WRS track download database or would you like to wait till you have version 1.0 released?

I'm quite happy to put these in the database now if you want me to do that mate.  ;)

Hawk.

Not a problem. Go ahead and add them!

Hawk

Quote from: tirespin24 on January 04, 2016, 07:55:04 PM
Quote from: Hawk on January 04, 2016, 07:33:47 PM
Hi tirespin24.

Hawk.

Not a problem. Go ahead and add them!
Thanks mate... will do that.  8)

Thanks for your work... Much appreciated.  ;)

Hawk.

ditchs14

Docfumi

Quote from: ditchs14 on January 08, 2016, 04:13:12 AM
where do i put the tracks?

Create a folder called (tracks) and place your downloaded tracks inside: C:\Program Files\World Racing Series\wrs\tracks
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

sportmod88

Track model credit goes to Casey Graves  ;)

bison160

Actually, they were stole from Ratbag, as well as models I created for ASR. No permission was asked of me, so I highly doubt it was asked of anyone else. Can't we save the whole crappy conversion thing for rfactor. The person that hacked these models out of other games and ported them to WRS didn't even put any time in making them into a deformable surface which is the best thing about WRS. I just hate to see this turn into the mess that rfactor has of stolen, crappy conversions of 15-20 year old models when it has the potential to be the best Dirt Sim out there.

Torque

Quote from: bison160 on March 17, 2016, 06:44:45 AM
Actually, they were stole from Ratbag, as well as models I created for ASR. No permission was asked of me, so I highly doubt it was asked of anyone else. Can't we save the whole crappy conversion thing for rfactor. The person that hacked these models out of other games and ported them to WRS didn't even put any time in making them into a deformable surface which is the best thing about WRS. I just hate to see this turn into the mess that rfactor has of stolen, crappy conversions of 15-20 year old models when it has the potential to be the best Dirt Sim out there.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't gained any attention with an accusation like that. Does the OP have an explanation? PiBoSo, are you going to allow this to happen?
Check out the Street Stock Beta! UPDATED FOR BETA 9

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3708.msg63094#new

Let us know what you think!

https://www.facebook.com/PerformanceVinyl/

PiBoSo

Quote from: Torque on March 18, 2016, 12:30:33 AM
Quote from: bison160 on March 17, 2016, 06:44:45 AM

I'm surprised this thread hasn't gained any attention with an accusation like that. Does the OP have an explanation? PiBoSo, are you going to allow this to happen?

The focus is on development, so there isn't much time to follow and investigate issues like this.
What do you suggest? Delete the links? Which ones?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Torque

You're the Boss-man... I would just hate to see you get some bad publicity on something like this. As everyone has told you; your products have great potential. I think the original poster needs to have a chance to state his case before anything were to happen. If it were me I would want an issue like this handled privately.
Check out the Street Stock Beta! UPDATED FOR BETA 9

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3708.msg63094#new

Let us know what you think!

https://www.facebook.com/PerformanceVinyl/

HornetMaX

We've seen this whole thing happen on the KRP forum: discussing "stolen mods" leads nowhere, except in endless hate.

If you are the one who "stole" a mod without permission: that's bad, you shouldn't had.

If you're the one that has been stolen a mod from: don't get mad. Chances are your mods will always be better as the ones that have stolen it are unlikely to have the skills to do as good as you can.

What I always say to modders is: as soon as you publish a mod here, consider it like open source code, anybody can reuse it at will. Nice people will ask for permission. Others will not.

AUSSIEDIRT

Seriously if you were going to just do that what's the point of doing a straight conversion without deformation it's pointless if Ur going to do that go back to one of those Dtr or rf outlaw groups.