• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:32:07 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Sprint car track downlaods

Started by tirespin24, January 02, 2016, 09:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tirespin24

I had in my original post that deformation might come in the future. It's pretty simple really if you don't like the tracks don't use them. Or better yet, why don't you help make them better?

As for his heavy accusations, they are mostly wrong. I did receive permission for the Rfactor tracks. Which I am assuming is where he claims his models came from, but I had gotten permission to use those tracks from the track maker.

Torque

Quote from: AUSSIEDIRT on March 18, 2016, 09:24:12 AM
Seriously if you were going to just do that what's the point of doing a straight conversion without deformation it's pointless if Ur going to do that go back to one of those Dtr or rf outlaw groups.

There is a need to have non deformable tracks at the moment. Running with deformation is great with 2-3 people but it is not robust enough to handle a full field of cars yet. The surface wears away too fast and once it does you start to get connection errors and crashes.
Check out the Street Stock Beta! UPDATED FOR BETA 9

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3708.msg63094#new

Let us know what you think!

https://www.facebook.com/PerformanceVinyl/

bison160

Quote from: tirespin24 on March 18, 2016, 01:07:48 PM
Or better yet, why don't you help make them better?

Thats the thing, he is. He is actually working to create original tracks that belong in this sim and use its features. There is no point in taking models that are prehistoric in tech age, and drop them in WRS. It just damages the reputation because when people download these tracks you put out, they are going to think, "oh....this WRS is basically the same as rfactor or DTR2, guess there is no point in switching." Which couldn't be farther from the truth.

As for his heavy accusations, they are mostly wrong. I did receive permission for the Rfactor tracks. Which I am assuming is where he claims his models came from, but I had gotten permission to use those tracks from the track maker.

As for my accusations, they are 100% true. My post was in reply to whoever Sportmod88 is, when he said, "Track Model credit goes to Casey Graves." I simply stated that those are not Casey Graves models, They are a combination of stuff. Most of which I know for a fact were stolen models and textures from Ratbag games, as well as my original models and textures. Neither of which any permission was ever asked....not just from you, but from anybody. Mr. Graves has no right to give you "permission" to use stuff he had no permission to use. I have no idea who was the first person to steal the stuff, but the fact is, nobody has rights to use or distribute them, let alone pass them out like they are his own original works.

bison160

Quote from: Torque on March 18, 2016, 02:39:06 PM
Quote from: AUSSIEDIRT on March 18, 2016, 09:24:12 AM
Seriously if you were going to just do that what's the point of doing a straight conversion without deformation it's pointless if Ur going to do that go back to one of those Dtr or rf outlaw groups.

There is a need to have non deformable tracks at the moment. Running with deformation is great with 2-3 people but it is not robust enough to handle a full field of cars yet. The surface wears away too fast and once it does you start to get connection errors and crashes.

If you use the right materials, combined with the right textures and link all that with appropriate thicknesses, it's not really that far off. I mean, how many times have you ran with more than a few guys online in WRS to this point anyways? I just don't think it's far enough along to warrant putting in non deformable tracks, just so we can get 30 car fields.

Don't get me wrong, we need to be able to adjust the wear rate and grip level of each material, or at least have many more options of hard coded material types.

AUSSIEDIRT

I came to wrs because I didn't want to build the same old crap in rfactor. If I wanted to build non deform tracks I'd take my bat and ball and go back to rfactor I came here for the challenge and it passes me off when people do that. Hell I had a non deform track in game after beta 6 before the sprintcars were addrd I just don't see the point in  having the same crap in another game when wrs is not rfactor and shouldn't be treated as such. It's the typical thing. I remember reading about rfactor at bhmotorsports then we all migrate  to do exactly what we did in Dtr albeit alot easier. Sure they have a place a place holder while u figure out the height map but don't flood the game with tracks that should have stayed in rfactor or dtr

Torque

Non deformable (ND) tracks are also beneficial from a vehicle development point. Eliminating the deformation variable in the early stages of physics development keeps you from chasing your tail when the track changes.

The selling point of WRS for dirt ovals is certainly the deformable track. That doesn't mean ND tracks should be looked down upon. They have their place and I am sure there are people that would prefer them (its like racing with damage off).

I have done quite a bit of racing online with the deformable tracks. Granted it has only been with a few people but if you take the laps run and multiply by 5-10 you would be looking at comparable results for a full field. The real issues have to do with the data transfer for the track information. A track that has already recieved some deformation takes a significant amount of time to connect to. In the event you actually make it into the server your chances of a crash are pretty high. Although I haven't tested it I would bet there would be considerable lag with a full field of cars transfering track information.
Check out the Street Stock Beta! UPDATED FOR BETA 9

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3708.msg63094#new

Let us know what you think!

https://www.facebook.com/PerformanceVinyl/

sportmod88

Quote from: bison160 on March 18, 2016, 08:14:11 PM

Thats the thing, he is. He is actually working to create original tracks that belong in this sim and use its features. There is no point in taking models that are prehistoric in tech age, and drop them in WRS. It just damages the reputation because when people download these tracks you put out, they are going to think, "oh....this WRS is basically the same as rfactor or DTR2, guess there is no point in switching." Which couldn't be farther from the truth.

As for my accusations, they are 100% true. My post was in reply to whoever Sportmod88 is, when he said, "Track Model credit goes to Casey Graves." I simply stated that those are not Casey Graves models, They are a combination of stuff. Most of which I know for a fact were stolen models and textures from Ratbag games, as well as my original models and textures. Neither of which any permission was ever asked....not just from you, but from anybody. Mr. Graves has no right to give you "permission" to use stuff he had no permission to use. I have no idea who was the first person to steal the stuff, but the fact is, nobody has rights to use or distribute them, let alone pass them out like they are his own original works.
Lincoln Park and Kokomo were the only two tracks in this thread when my post was made, and those two tracks DO belong to Casey Graves. Those were the only two tracks that hes given any permission to convert.

bison160

I know he used my Hoosier Hauler model in Kokomo. I don't recognize the surface from Ratbag game though, so maybe he made that. Unfortunately he still stole other models like my hauler to make it.

tirespin24

Quote from: sportmod88 on March 24, 2016, 03:17:42 AM
Quote from: bison160 on March 18, 2016, 08:14:11 PM

Lincoln Park and Kokomo were the only two tracks in this thread when my post was made, and those two tracks DO belong to Casey Graves. Those were the only two tracks that hes given any permission to convert.
Yes, and I gave Casey the credit in-game.

sportmod88

I know you did Tirespin, you should get our TS info from Casey and come in and help me talk him into giving this game a shot.