• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Knee Slider Sound

Started by Klax75, January 04, 2016, 10:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

In the current version it says a new feature is knee collision and knee slider sound. Collision I have seen, but I have yet to hear knee slider sound. Which would be very useful for DST. Am I missing something that I can't seem to hear it?

Stout Johnson

The sound is not very loud and depending on the sound  of the bike you are using (esp. with mod bikes) you may not be able to notice the sound. But you can edit the according .scl with notepad or any other text editor. I cannot tell you the exact name and path of the according .scl-file from the top of my head (I can check at home though). You can check all .scl files in the game folder (I think there is a sfx.rar if I remember correctly) and the look where there is a reference to the knee slider sound file. If you increase the according volume value you should be able to hear it more significantly.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Napalm Nick

yeh there are some effects settings in the .pkz but in my opinion its not so much that the sliders are too quiet so much as the engine noise is simply too loud and drowns everything out. (and agree Stout - Mod bikes - too loud!)

GPBikes is the only engine based racing game that I have to turn my speaker volume way down on before it is bearable. Obviously I avoid doing this with the in-game sound slider control. 
But of course having only one volume control means turning all the sounds and sfx down making hearing them even worse.

Hence a request for separate volume sliders for engine and effects.   I really cant understand why some were so against this???

I first used MaxSCL to tune the engine volumes on the GP1000 M1 and I like it a lot more.

THIS VIDEO shows its effect on the 125 ITA (amongst other things). Would you believe the engine volume has been reduced by 2/3rds on throttle and by 3/4 off throttle !
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Some bikes in GPB sound shit.. I would happily turn the volume down with sliders.. Especially on the grid lol.

Do my own sfx as I play.. Braaap braaaap!!  ;D

Napalm Nick

With your mouth you mean? I hope.  :P

Took this out of your maxHud thread,

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 04, 2016, 09:33:01 PM
IMO, the whole "knee slider sound" debate could be solved by simply increasing the volume of the slider sound (something Piboso can do easily), instead of playing with all the other sounds.

ATM I stand by my thought that the engine volume is the problem. If this is addressed and the knee slider volume has been increased that sound will get right on yer titties pretty quickly as it will be too loud compared to the other sound effects!. Not sure it is quite so easy either given the shared wav file of knee scraper and concrete chassis scrape. Mind you creating another sample reference doesn't seem too hard but I don't think its needed.

One other point is it must be very difficult to find a balance across devices. My Youtube video sounds completely different on Deskstation PCs vs Laptop vs Tablet vs speakers vs headphones - for example the tablet hardly registers the kerb noise wheras my desktop Pc with 7.1 audio and subwoofer flaps my trouser legs when I rumble on the kerb (assuming I have my trousers on of course).

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Napalm Nick on January 04, 2016, 10:29:26 PM
One other point is it must be very difficult to find a balance across devices. My Youtube video sounds completely different on Deskstation PCs vs Laptop vs Tablet vs speakers vs headphones - for example the tablet hardly registers the kerb noise wheras my desktop Pc with 7.1 audio and subwoofer flaps my trouser legs when I rumble on the kerb (assuming I have my trousers on of course).
Exactly, that's why I have always been in favor of allowing sound sliders. Across all possible sound devices (some even with different sound equalizer settings like my headphones), it is impossible to say that there is only one particular realistic sound mix. What sounds perfect on a particular system might sound off on a different device.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Napalm Nick

Cool another vote for different  volume sliders, the more the merrier too.

I would not be as bold to say how easy this would be to do of course. Only PiBoSo knows that I guess.