• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Can bump or other maps be applied to bikes?

Started by h106frp, February 13, 2016, 05:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

February 13, 2016, 05:46:53 PM Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 05:48:43 PM by h106frp
If i have a UV map to add textures to a bike can i also add 'bump' or other mapping techniques

Also how do i change between 'shiny' and 'matte'  components?

TFC

You can apply anything the model was originally compiled with. I only know this from MXB.. You can add rider_n.tga that can include normal and spec map, but you can only include boots_r.tga as the boots weren't compiled with normals, only reflection map.

Again, that's MXB, and it will be different for mods depending on what the author included in the model. Guess you need someone to post what can be changed in gpb..

h106frp

February 13, 2016, 06:04:27 PM #2 Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 06:08:25 PM by h106frp
This would be for an all new model. I remember reading something in italian that suggested making different UV tga's for different parts but could not understand it fully  :(.

TFC

Quote from: h106frp on February 13, 2016, 06:04:27 PM
This would be for an all new model. I remember reading something in italian that suggested making different UV tga's for different parts but could not understand it fully  :(.

Oh like for a new model made by yourself? You just include the .shd text file and appropriate textures before running it through fbx2edf. On phone right now so can't go into further detail. Hope that's what you want to know!

h106frp

Thanks, so if i understand, the shader file is part of the fbx2edf process - that was confusing me.

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on February 13, 2016, 07:07:56 PM
Thanks, so if i understand, the shader file is part of the fbx2edf process - that was confusing me.

The FBX2EDF exporter won't export normal or spec maps applied on your model and exported to FBX format through your 3d app. This is something I keep asking Piboso to integrate into the FBX2EDF Exporter but apparently lesser 3d apps that cannot apply these maps and their users are a higher priority, something I personally believe is looking at it from the wrong point of view. ::)
Maybe we'd have better luck if we all asked for that capability for the FBX2EDF exporter, because as far as I know I'm the only one who's asked for it.  :)

I think Alone may know how to apply these maps to the bikemods, but try looking at other bikeMOD GFX files(I think it is?) to see how the maps are applied. Personally I don't know how to do that for bikeMODS yet. I think Alone will probably know.  ;)

Hawk.