• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta4b

Started by PiBoSo, December 17, 2013, 09:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppolo

I'm trying Varese, don't you think there is something strange? I can push all throttle in 2nd gear and even with max lean and it seems there is a tc also when the engine take the torque (i dont know how to say in english, in Italy we say "entra in coppia")  , instead when the bike is in the straight, if we push all throttle, the front wheel lift.

anyway I can't make the rear wheel slides like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HXqZh5oTK0

nuovaic

If it sounds like tc, you may have aids on, throttle help?
Without aids it it too easy to slide..

oppolo

Quote from: nuovaic on December 21, 2013, 11:43:35 PM
If it sounds like tc, you may have aids on, throttle help?
Without aids it it too easy to slide..

mmmm...only automatic lean FB RL...mmm :-\

nuovaic

Very odd!

Can you confirm that the bike is Varese 500, that you are on full lean, that full throttle is applied in the powerband (entra in coppia?)and it still won't slide? If so can you tell us which track, which corner you cant slide it so we can try it as well.  Also, please post a quick video of this?

oppolo

Quote from: nuovaic on December 22, 2013, 08:56:06 AM
Very odd!

Can you confirm that the bike is Varese 500, that you are on full lean, that full throttle is applied in the powerband (entra in coppia?)and it still won't slide? If so can you tell us which track, which corner you cant slide it so we can try it as well.  Also, please post a quick video of this?

ok now I tried again and focusing on this, yes you are right, when there is the "bang" entering in the powerband and lean is at max, the rear wheel is lost

maybe if I can't do some things with this bike, the fault is my little skill, I'll training again with this bike

the track is victoria and 20 degrees

thanks for answering

Hawk

Quote from: oppolo on December 22, 2013, 01:42:42 PM
Quote from: nuovaic on December 22, 2013, 08:56:06 AM
Very odd!

ok now I tried again and focusing on this, yes you are right, when there is the "bang" entering in the powerband and lean is at max, the rear wheel is lost

maybe if I can't do some things with this bike, the fault is my little skill, I'll training again with this bike

the track is victoria and 20 degrees

thanks for answering

Just remember we are still in beta, and the gearbox physics still need to be sorted out yet, for all bikes I believe? Until gearbox physics are final there is no point in making judgments against real life physics. We just have to make do with what we have until it's sorted :)

HornetMaX

Unless he's not shifting, in which case gearbox physics is irrelevant ... guess this was his case.

MaX.

oppolo

offcourse no shifting

look for example here http://speedy.sh/EyzJ9/curva1.rpy, I'm going out from the corner in 2nd gear at full throttle, when the engine reaches the power band, the bike is not at max lean, anyway nothing happens, if the bike would be straight it would be overturned

when the lean is not much, the rear tire not slide on the tarmac even in 3rd gear, and I am on a track not "rubbered",.
when I am at max lean, then the rear wheel is lost without nothing to do

I know the game is in beta but fortunately the developer is all time in this forum listening his customers, and among 10 false doubts one could be right, you can try by yourself and post your feelings, maybe all is perfect as it is and I'll be happy, but "doubt is the key to knowledge" :)

davidboda46

Cold turkey slaughter: Epic race with over 10 racers and not one core.exe! The future is bright, great job Piboso!

Cheers!!!

/David
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Stout Johnson

Quote from: davidboda46 on December 29, 2013, 11:00:40 PM
Cold turkey slaughter: Epic race with over 10 racers and not one core.exe! The future is bright, great job Piboso!

Cheers!!!

/David

Yeah, respect is really due here PiBoSo!!! Although the "sample" to draw definite conclusions is rather small, I think it is safe to say that there has been a MAJOR step forward in beta4 in terms of netcode - and again I would like to point out that imho this is the only real construction site remaining ;) so major kudos to you PiBoSo - it is actually fun to do online races now as we now can be less afraid of getting a core and wasting all race progress... and all the other improvements in beta4 are great too, but have been mentioned already numerous times ;)

PS: from what I heard Toomes had a core (sorry for you buddy) - but that is not confirmed yet, and he was the one with the highest ping - so still def a major step forward here
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Arvoss

Quote from: Stout Johnson on December 29, 2013, 11:24:43 PM
Quote from: davidboda46 on December 29, 2013, 11:00:40 PM

Cheers!!!

/David

Yeah, respect is really due here PiBoSo!!! Although the "sample" to draw definite conclusions is rather small, I think it is safe to say that there has been a MAJOR step forward in beta4 in terms of netcode - and again I would like to point out that imho this is the only real construction site remaining ;) so major kudos to you PiBoSo - it is actually fun to do online races now as we now can be less afraid of getting a core and wasting all race progress... and all the other improvements in beta4 are great too, but have been mentioned already numerous times ;)

PS: from what I heard Toomes had a core (sorry for you buddy) - but that is not confirmed yet, and he was the one with the highest ping - so still def a major step forward here

Toomes and Klax had a 100+ ping and they both had connection problems. The other guys had a <80 ping and everyting was fine. ;)

Toomes1

Nitrox

So finally I found my way back to the new forum... :)

First of all, I think the best thing is the possibility to add bikes :) Great! Also Beta 4 feels nice to me but didn't test much yet. Thanks PiBoSo for your hard work.

What I have to say though is that auto shift became almost unusable. I only tested r6 and daytona so far, so the effect might be even worse on third party bikes. Probably there didn't change anything since beta 3...

However, in beta 4 it isn't possible to have autoshift activated and do a fast lap. I am always loosing the rear at the beginning of a turn. I can only prevent this by braking way too early and rolling into curve (not fast - not an option), or by giving a bit of throttle before high lean, so that shift process is completed earlier.

Turning only autoshift OFF, the problem disappears. Rear is still sliding a bit when downshifting quickly, but you can control it well and its suddenly possible to corner in MUCH faster.

As there is no commercial perfect bike controller, I think autoshift is really important. Controlling everything just with a gamepad is pretty difficult for many users.

Also autoshift is way too aggressive, especially when downshifting. It changes too many gears for optimal torque but makes smooth driving really hard. I compared autoshift and real youtube videos. Also I have been to this track once. Its always at least 1 gear, especially in slow turns.

Maybe you could fine tune this for the first release :)

Arvoss

January 25, 2014, 01:10:36 PM #28 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:12:21 PM by Arvoss
Auto shift is for noobies :p I mean, in EVERY racing game you're slower with auto shift.
I can't tell if it's too aggressive or not but maybe PiBoSo could tweak the autoshift.

I'm using a PS3 controller and it's PERFECT. I use X and SQUARE for shifting. L2 and R2 for throttle. This works fine ;)

HornetMaX

Autoshift of modded bikes may have not been tuned correctly. What about autoshift with the default bikes ?

Anyway, as said by Arvoss, autoshift is bad.

MaX.