• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:21:51 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, February 18, 2016, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toomes1

I don't suppose vin97 using the grass bank with your knee helps does it mate?

Vini

February 19, 2016, 08:57:40 PM #91 Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 08:59:34 PM by vin97
no, it doesn't but this means that if the bike gets sufficiently close to the tarmac or curbs, the same thing will happen.

also, lorenzo would have a different opinion :D

Blackheart

Quote from: Toomes1 on February 19, 2016, 08:54:31 PM
I don't suppose vin97 using the grass bank with your knee helps does it mate?

Exactly, and I add that Cadwell park is the circuit with more problems ... so not useful for new beta test.

Demitsuri

Didnt download yet, but! THANK YOU SO LOT! ;)

Demitsuri

Core exe when going a bit from the curb to grass

But suspension is feels better.

PiBoSo

February 19, 2016, 10:27:03 PM #95 Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:38:25 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: vin97 on February 19, 2016, 08:19:15 PM
sadly, i got a bit too excited.
on tracks with a lot of strongly(?) banked corners, you get more lowsides than in beta7. especially cadwell park is very problematic now.
at most other track, it is much better than in previous betas, though
the decreased front stability at low speeds is not that bad but the blind trust in the front in those corners is gone again (after beta7b fixed it perfectly), I am always scared to completely let off the throttle in those corners.

The bikes in Beta8 lean more than in Beta7. This in generally better, but comes at a price: the front tyre is more on the limit, so turns with elevation / banking changes or not smooth enough can give problems.

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Blackheart

Quote from: Demitsuri on February 19, 2016, 10:20:15 PM
Core exe when going a bit from the curb to grass

But suspension is feels better.

Delete your Piboso folder in documents (remember a key backup before) and reinstall the beta 8, in this way I fixed  ;)

Vini

February 19, 2016, 10:36:50 PM #97 Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 12:42:02 AM by vin97
Makes sense regarding banked corners but just to be clear, the low speed instability (as opposed to the sudden lowsides at higher speeds) is there even when the track is perfectly flat.
It cannot be the increased lean alone because Manu managed to make his bikes lean more without sacrificing low speed stability in beta7b.

Also, thanks for your answer PiBoSo but I seem to be missing the reason why you are ignoring the simple question on the RotationAxis parameter.

doubledragoncc

I did all that and cleaned my reg but still get cores even in offline on NDS tracks. Victoria however had none at all.

Still cant get online so dont know how it is

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

PiBoSo

Quote from: vin97 on February 19, 2016, 08:19:15 PM
biggest problem though:
the rider-fall-off bug is not fixed and I am sure we will get a lot of trouble when Manu updates his MotoGP mod.

Is this really a bug?
There was no more space for the rider. After the rider gives up, the bike doesn't even fall, the handlebar was already almost sliding on the terrain.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Vini

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 19, 2016, 10:40:22 PMIs this really a bug?
There was no more space for the rider. After the rider gives up, the bike doesn't even fall, the handlebar was already almost sliding on the terrain.
PiBoSo, yes, of course it is a bug or do you see MotoGP riders ejecting off the bike when the space between the bike and curbs gets very small?
No, they simply make themselves (even) smaller and move closer to the bike!
The transition in the video is smooth. It's not like the rider is suddenly hitting a brick wall, so (just like in reality) he should stay on the bike.

After all, GP Bikes is a sim and I really don't think it should need a more detailed explaination of why the behaviour shown in the video does not belong in this game.

Meyer#12

Quote from: vin97 on February 20, 2016, 12:06:52 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on February 19, 2016, 10:40:22 PMIs this really a bug?
PiBoSo, yes, of course it is a bug or do you see MotoGP riders ejecting off the bike when the space between the bike and curbs gets very small?
No, they simply make themselves (even) smaller and move closer to the bike!
The transition in the video is smooth. It's not like the rider is suddenly hitting a brick wall, so (just like in reality) he should stay on the bike.

After all, GP Bikes is a sim and I really don't think it should need a more detailed explaination of why the behaviour shown in the video does not belong in this game.

But do you see riders hit the grass with the handebars? No because if they did they would fall off, maybe no like that, but you would for sure crash, no doubt about it! And it might not look right, but for sure it is right you crash when you lean too much. You can't just keep leaning a bike
Meyer#12

Blackheart

I agree with Meyer, however look very bad. I hope in some new animations after the net code/cores fixes!

Vini

February 20, 2016, 12:35:29 AM #103 Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 02:15:11 AM by vin97
Quote from: Meyer#12 on February 20, 2016, 12:17:30 AMBut do you see riders hit the grass with the handebars?
No, just like I don't see it in the video or any other demonstration of the bug I ever uploaded.

Oh and btw, sliding the handlebars or other unusual parts of the bike, will in fact not necessarily make the bike crash in GP Bikes but again this has absolutely nothing to do with the rider-fall-off bug and is a completely different topic altogether.

Meyer#12

Quote from: vin97 on February 20, 2016, 12:35:29 AM
Quote from: Meyer#12 on February 20, 2016, 12:17:30 AMBut do you see riders hit the grass with the handebars?
No, just like I don't see it in the video or any other demonstration of the bug I ever uploaded.

Oh and btw, sliding the handlebars or other unusual parts of the bike, will in fact not make the bike crash in GP Bikes but again this has absolutely nothing to do with the rider-fall-off bug and is a completely different topic altogether.

I just don't see the big problem, there have to be a limit of lean, i agree, the animation is maybe not 100% correct the rider jump off, but at least we have a limit so we can just lay the bike flat down. At the lean angle where you complain he falls off, you would have crashed in real life too.

But as i said, i agree the animation might not be totally correct, but the fact you crash is right in my opinion.
Meyer#12