• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:34:57 PM

GP Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, February 18, 2016, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Personally for our sanity, I'm of the opinion that if Piboso's core physics tuning is not spot-on and is causing us issues, and those issues can be sorted(if only as a temp fix while Pib gets things sorted) then I'm all for adjusting the bikeMOD physics settings accordingly(Obviously we cannot release any modded default/stock bikes because Pib would have a fit).

As far as the wobbles are concerned, they can for sure be tuned out in MODBikes with the bike physics settings.... That's not to say the core programme physics are spot-on, it would just be a temp fix while Pib gets things sorted, then we'd have to adjust the mod bikes physics again accordingly when Pib does get things sorted.

So I still advocate we really wait for the BikeMOD beta 8 updates to be released before doing a JamoZ - Crash bang wallop, protest and in the bin it goes! Hehe!  ;D

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Re:DD

Roger dodger.

I will test it and see if I agree! Hehe A bit later though. Busy ish atm.

Hawk - yep agree.             Maybe the Oxford dictionary will enter the new verb "to JamoZ" in the future
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

I am 100% behind how P would feel if we alter his product and fully understand. BUT we should be allowed to try and help, if we find something report it and if it works then P can implement it in an update. I thought thats how it works and we were at least allowed to help and if it works, and has been publicly made known, what is wrong with that?

I am only trying to help, I know we "try to help" folks might not always be right, but its better than just bitching about things and NOT trying to help everyone.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

JamoZ

Quote from: Hawk on March 03, 2016, 12:04:22 PM
Personally for our sanity, I'm of the opinion that if Piboso's core physics tuning is not spot-on and is causing us issues, and those issues can be sorted(if only as a temp fix while Pib gets things sorted) then I'm all for adjusting the bikeMOD physics settings accordingly(Obviously we cannot release any modded default/stock bikes because Pib would have a fit).

As far as the wobbles are concerned, they can for sure be tuned out in MODBikes with the bike physics settings.... That's not to say the core programme physics are spot-on, it would just be a temp fix while Pib gets things sorted, then we'd have to adjust the mod bikes physics again accordingly when Pib does get things sorted.

So I still advocate we really wait for the BikeMOD beta 8 updates to be released before doing a JamoZ - Crash bang wallop, protest and in the bin it goes! Hehe!  ;D

Hawk.

So no you guys are relying on mods to have the underlying problems fixed? . Sounds like a form of Stockholm syndrome if you ask me  ;D

I actually have reinstalled beta8 again and am riding on and off...but to no surprise there is hardly anyone online...there used to be 2/3 filled servers with random people just riding after every new beta release..i wonder what happened?  ::)

Napalm Nick

What else can we do? I am long resigned to knowing we have both no control or influence on development (actually I feel that we do a bit tbh). I decided to keep plodding on with hope in my eyes. People who moan about stuff but come up with no solutions/suggestions get the same short shrift as they do at my business meetings.  Oxygen thieves.  ;D

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: JamoZ on March 03, 2016, 12:29:10 PM
Quote from: Hawk on March 03, 2016, 12:04:22 PM

Hawk.

So no you guys are relying on mods to have the underlying problems fixed? . Sounds like a form of Stockholm syndrome if you ask me  ;D

I actually have reinstalled beta8 again and am riding on and off...but to no surprise there is hardly anyone online...there used to be 2/3 filled servers with random people just riding after every new beta release..i wonder what happened?  ::)

I remember JamoZ, you used to be a regular participant in most racing events.... What happened?
Your too good a rider to be sitting on the sidelines waiting for the final version of GPB to arrive before you come back..... Get your ass back here and into competitions!  ;D ;D

Hawk.

JamoZ

Don`t know Hawk. Other games happened, games with less cores  ;D I`m heavily into Assetto Corsa at the moment.
I still like the racing, and i`m still online sometimes..but after 2 or 3 cores i just can`t bring myself to put in any more effort, why bother? I`m still not racing in competitions for the same reason i stopped doing so. Being in 1st place for 15 laps only to have a core in the last lap isn`t really fun you know  ???... I`m still on the forums to keep up to date a bit, but the best part is to see all the discussions go round in circles, it`s like groundhog day  ;D

I wouldn`t mind some casual driving, just name a time and date :P

HornetMaX

ddcc, did you read my post above ? There's no error to fix. At least not in GPB. Your button needs debouncing, that's all.
It could be implemented in GPB I guess (surely not modifying the up/down shift times), but the root cause is still your button missing proper debouncing.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: JamoZ on March 03, 2016, 01:03:49 PM
I`m still on the forums to keep up to date a bit, but the best part is to see all the discussions go round in circles, it`s like groundhog day  ;D

A reason I have asked for the bugs list to be re-incarnated, to stop the constant posting of the same stuff. Shame it wasn't continued I guess everyone gave up years ago (much like the wishlist).    I bet you had a right laugh at my post there then.

doubledragoncc

So the WHOLE batch of button are useless in GPB then!!!  I used 12 buttons to see if it was one button!!! Only happens in beta8?

I guess I must ask manufactures if their buttons have been tested in GPB before I buy them!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

DOnt worry about it then I am only me lol. Will just do my own thing lol

DD

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 03, 2016, 01:37:59 PM
So the WHOLE batch of button are useless in GPB then!!!  I used 12 buttons to see if it was one button!!! Only happens in beta8?
It happens in beta8 because beta8 has introduced quicker upshifts for the 990.
With slower upshifts probably you didn't have the problem. Does it happen in beta8 with other bikes than the 990 ?

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 03, 2016, 01:37:59 PM
I guess I must ask manufactures if their buttons have been tested in GPB before I buy them!!!
No, you just have to buy buttons with debouncing or add it yourself, shouldn't be too difficult.

But you can always ask Piboso to do something internally for that, maybe he'll give it a go.
I'm just stating that it's not a GPB beta8 bug and that raising upshift timing (as you proposed) is not a valid solution: it would make thew shifter slower just because some buttons do not have proper debouncing.

doubledragoncc

And thats the point Max. You can ONLY use a certain type of button in GPB!!! The change in the timing does NOT actually effect the upshift speed for quick up shifting it just stops then NEED to buy a new controller just for GPB because yours is older or the controller you are using does not have debounced buttons........really? That is simply wrong. It has no negative effect to increse that value, ingame the up shifting is just as quick, it just stops the chance of non debouncing  switches and older being useless in GPB. Its like saying you can only drive in PCars if you have a certain wheel. I have read on here, cant find it now, but someone else also has this problem.

My point is it could be fixed for us with this problem as the fix wont effect those without it. But because YOU dont have it and think it is better that I have to debounce all my buttons just for GPB because YOU dont have the problem. I wonder how many who dont come in the forum who have an old controller that works perfectly in any other game, just not in GPB there are who just think its them not being able to shift properly.

I am just going to forget it as its obvious that those who dont have a problem and  think it is just my buttons that are fault and cant get the point that it is more than just MY buttons that this effects. It is ANYONE with non debounced buttons or old controllers!!!

I guess I'll stick to just practicing alone where I can at least shift properly and enjoy riding even if its alone without having to rebuild my system just for GPB.

Bye

Hawk

I was having gear shift problems in yesterdays race with the Varase 500. It wasn't selecting as many downshifts as I was making on my footpedal if that's any reflection on what your experiencing DD?  :-\
Often found myself in the wrong gear in yesterdays race, it was a royal pain in the ass and caused at least the second bike crash for me in the race.

Hawk.

teeds

I was getting double shifts, mostly down (gravity assisted i'm sure), in GPB and MXB. Asked in MXB for a minimum delay setting for gear changes but didn't hear anything. So I've now re-designed my foot controls to stop the switch bounce, works a treat. So I don't think it's the games fault but other driving sims have a option to introduce and adjust shift delay minimums to combat switch bounce.