• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:14:04 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, February 18, 2016, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

March 03, 2016, 08:07:44 PM #300 Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:53:51 PM by Napalm Nick
Quote from: HornetMaX on March 03, 2016, 06:26:32 PM
: if you have a button for the pitlane speed limiter, and the button bounces, what do you do then ?

If Pib wants to put in place a solution, the good way is what teeds said: a minimum time between button press events (not only gear shit events), as seen in other sims. Easy, clean, problem solved.

Good point - bouncy button mayhem!
Gear shiFt? Lol  :) Button press event limiter = ideal.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 03, 2016, 06:57:58 PM
The replays do capture the smoke bro. I get it offline, online and in replays all the same amount.

DD

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 03, 2016, 07:26:43 PM
Oh guys, which of the two old chaps should I believe then ? :)

Lol!

Well hang on a minute this is shaping up to be an extremely interesting phenomenon....

First DD - could you possibly use the race replay I posted to replicate the replay video I did showing no smoke?  If yours shows smoke there is a difference in our Beta 8 files somewhere. If not, it might indicate a server replay save omits some data or some other reason we might figure out.

Remember how your replay maxed out at a short timescale but at a whopping 477mB? Yet mine was a super long replay at only 300 odd mB?  Well could that be that your replay has recorded the effect data and mine has not? What changes to the virgin Beta 8 files have you made? I remember you had made graphics texture changes?? Would be interesting to know what is different (if there is a difference in videos).

:o intrigued!

Hawk - I think I have your helmet but couldn't be 100% sure the next event hopefully we can organise a complete skinpack.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Nick stop playing with Hawks helmet!!!
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Allen

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 03, 2016, 02:22:27 PM
And thats the point Max. You can ONLY use a certain type of button in GPB!!! The change in the timing does NOT actually effect the upshift speed for quick up shifting it just stops then NEED to buy a new controller just for GPB because yours is older or the controller you are using does not have debounced buttons........really? That is simply wrong. It has no negative effect to increse that value, ingame the up shifting is just as quick, it just stops the chance of non debouncing  switches and older being useless in GPB. Its like saying you can only drive in PCars if you have a certain wheel. I have read on here, cant find it now, but someone else also has this problem.

My point is it could be fixed for us with this problem as the fix wont effect those without it. But because YOU dont have it and think it is better that I have to debounce all my buttons just for GPB because YOU dont have the problem. I wonder how many who dont come in the forum who have an old controller that works perfectly in any other game, just not in GPB there are who just think its them not being able to shift properly.

I am just going to forget it as its obvious that those who dont have a problem and  think it is just my buttons that are fault and cant get the point that it is more than just MY buttons that this effects. It is ANYONE with non debounced buttons or old controllers!!!

I guess I'll stick to just practicing alone where I can at least shift properly and enjoy riding even if its alone without having to rebuild my system just for GPB.

Bye

Debounce can be done in code, either in the driver or the game code... no need for any hardware mods (it's a simple timer that ignores any subsequent pulse for a set period)

doubledragoncc

Allen, Allen, Allen......................(I'm Allan) Dude you are the man.....................well if you can tell us more that is?

Please go on bro?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

Okay, so I have a bog standard install of beta8, only thing I changed was making the replay buffer 500. I get EXTRA smoke using Nicks smoke mod to the cfg file nothing more. I get smoke offline, online and in my replays for offline and online. However, Nick gets 1hour15min replay for 399MB and I get 9min4sec for 477MB.

So smoke works in ALL aspects for viewing.

Only problem I found just now and I dont think is a smoke issue is that if I watch Nicks replay, stop it and then try to load my replay I get a core crash. When I start GPB again my video loads no problem. I think is maybe a memory issue for GPB, not sure but more seem to be appearing like with the 990 paint files amount.

So why the difference in replay data usage for different amounts, normally my 9mins4secs should be less than Nicks 1hour15mins. That means I would need 3959MB (3.9GB) to record the same amount of time. I used exactly the same video settings in beta7 btw. I do live onboard recording of whole race and with additional cams and is 15GB for HD which is an additional program that is not fed the direct data like GPB replay recorder does. So WTF is going on with my system lol???

DD

Allen

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 03, 2016, 08:44:14 PM
Allen, Allen, Allen......................(I'm Allan) Dude you are the man.....................well if you can tell us more that is?

Please go on bro?

DD

PM sent...

Napalm Nick

So DD you are saying that using my Race replay file and you see smoke where I didn't? Right? Can you post a vid of it similar to mine so I can visualise it? Sorry my eyes are stubborn  ::)

Oh yeh swapping replay files is as bad as swopping bikes or paints - core-athon probably cos everything seems to get loaded into RAM and is never cleanly flushed (said before) anyway I am distracting myself...

You are obviously recording more data BUT with my race replay file you should see the same as me (no smoke) unless your client PC is set to do something I don't have. Or  maybe it is just better! But I need to know WHY! lol

doubledragoncc

March 03, 2016, 09:18:47 PM #308 Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:23:24 PM by doubledragoncc
Got PM............

And for others here, apparently SMS had same problem with down shifts and added debounce inn Project cars!!!

Nick your replay has NO smoke at all!!!

DD

Allen

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 03, 2016, 09:18:47 PM
Got it............

And for others here, apparently SMS had same problem with down shifts and added debounce inn Project cars!!!

DD

I believe Assetto Corsa also has a debounce (and it's adjustable.. not that my hardware has ever had issues)

doubledragoncc

Where in AC can you adjust bounce bro???

DD

Allen

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 03, 2016, 09:24:06 PM
Where in AC can you adjust bounce bro???

DD

Lol.. I have no idea.. as I've never bothered looking..

but... the Race department FAQ mentions it and I've definitely read the same in the past (as I said, I've never had an issue, with AC or Project CARS, so never actually looked..)

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-faq-game-description.91105/#post-1788752

HornetMaX

Quote from: Allen on March 03, 2016, 09:22:26 PM

I believe Assetto Corsa also has a debounce (and it's adjustable.. not that my hardware has ever had issues)

Likely, it's as I said: joypads and keyboards have it in hardware (or maybe in drivers, but I'd bet on hardware).
However some custom devices (including DIY devices) don't, so sims are obliged to add this because the device makers have just forgot this aspect.
For you ddcc, debouncing could be done by the Bodnar chip eventually (maybe you can suggest him).

The problem comes from the devices. The solution can be in the software (with proper debouncing, not any other dirty workaround).

@ddcc: you should make a post in the "Suggestions" section (or maybe even "Bugs" section, just for extra visibility).

Napalm Nick

March 03, 2016, 10:00:14 PM #313 Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:41:15 PM by Napalm Nick
Nick your replay has NO smoke at all!
DD

Right so we see no smoke when using the server replay file. Next race I will save the replay to my PC and see if anything changes. Odd odd odd odd...odd.

doubledragoncc

Very good idea Max. I will call Leo in the morning and make a proper post with full explanation for P.

Thanks all for the great amount of thought on this. Working together can really bring results.

DD