• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Beta 8 Event 1 | Murasama Cup race | 3 Day event | WINNER - DAVIDE74 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, February 19, 2016, 11:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Boerenlater

Quote from: Hawk on February 19, 2016, 07:14:19 PM
I can't get online. Keep getting "Connection Timeout" error message each time I try to connect.  :'(

OMG! I hope I'm not slipping into the cannot use GPB online category because of connection problems??? This is happening on other servers too, though if I keep trying I can get on only one other right now.  :o :'( :'(

Hawk.
ports open? firewall?
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Meyer#12

I can't get online. Keep getting "Connection Timeout" error message each time I try to connect.  :'(

OMG! I hope I'm not slipping into the cannot use GPB online category because of connection problems??? This is happening on other servers too, though if I keep trying I can get on only one other right now.  :o :'( :'(

Hawk.

Had same problem yesterday, today there was no problem, tested restarting computer? or redownload track?
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

Very odd indeed I think another player has same problem but I have no idea why. There are 5 already on? 
Can you get on GPBOC 2 server at SPA?

???
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 19, 2016, 07:38:12 PM
Very odd indeed I think another player has same problem but I have no idea why. There are 5 already on? 
Can you get on GPBOC 2 server at SPA?

???

Yes I can connect to the Spa Server. I tried that as a test and it worked but just cannot connect to this server at the moment.... not tried any others today as yet.

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: Boerenlater on February 19, 2016, 07:21:08 PM

Hawk.
ports open? firewall?

Never had to mess around with the firewall or router ports before as they register automatically unless I specifically list them as dangerous. Also windows will pop-up a window for me to accept connections if a connection authorisation is required.  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

The only thing that I can think is different is the track.

Here is a link to the identical track the server is running in case you have a corruption there? Doubt it is the reason but worth a try?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v8h9ss80dfnquaf/AACDxFg1EbCdmiv_rsli3gI8a?dl=0

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

Napalm Nick

February 19, 2016, 08:17:04 PM #24 Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 08:20:53 PM by Napalm Nick
Don't forget if you installed Beta 8 and haven't checked behind your window for the connection authorisation checkbox you will get Connection Timeout. **

Also if you accidently have 2 x Core.exe running.

Edit: **And if you missed it or rejected it you might have to restart your PC and do it again (thx Hawk)

Meyer#12

Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

restart PC and try again Hawk and Matty are now both able to get in. If that fails connect to another server and come back again.

Gawd knows whats up tbh.  ::)

Meyer#12

Reinstalled game on top of old and it works now :)
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick