• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:59:45 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Beta 8 Event 1 | Murasama Cup race | 3 Day event | WINNER - DAVIDE74 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, February 19, 2016, 11:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Warlock on February 22, 2016, 01:51:31 AM

By the way, the jump start thing is a work for Piboso. I never seen in real life a rider out of the race for a jump start. In GPB should be the same, a ride through penalty, instead of directly to the garage.

My understanding of jumpstarts (Max tested this for us too I think I am recalling it correctly).
1. Jump after lights go off but before lights come on - exit race
2. Jump after light sequence starts but don't cross the start/finish before green = Ridethrough
3. Jump after light sequence starts and cross the start/finish line before green = exit race.

Its kinda cool to be fair (that there is this level of detail) but maybe a simple fix would be to ask PiBoSo to remove 1 and amend 3 to  ridethrough?  :)

Quote from: Blackheart on February 22, 2016, 09:40:40 AM
Well this is a Piboso big fail ... what it costs to put an option instead disqualify, give +5 seconds to the final time of the race or something like that?

Stick it on the suggestion list?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 22, 2016, 09:33:57 AM
My first race in 6 years was cut short as I was sent to the pits for a jump start I did NOT make MYSELF. With the clutch fully engaged as soon as you shift into gear the bike creeps forward!!! Dont do it in pit lane so why on the start grid. Jump starts should be stopped until this is fixed!!!

DD

But it will at this track because at the grid it slopes downwards!

My start routine always includes holding the rear brake especially after engaging a gear.
Failing that you can switch the auto brake on. :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

I am riding with NO rear brake as I have my Hs1 system in its to make new Hs2 so no foot controls. I will just use a button for rear brake for start lol.

Thanks for sying. See y'all later

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Vini

Ah, warm-up lap was always so cool :D

Totally understand why you're not doing it this time, though.

nuovaic

Quote from: nuovaic on February 21, 2016, 11:53:00 PM
There is no easy answer to this, unless Piboso has a sudden euraka moment and fixes it ::) Perhaps in the meantime, we should all vote on it. Make it a hard and fast rule, whatever the decision, for all races, then our beloved race organisers will not have the responsibilty and associated stress in dealing with the inevitable fallout. Peter in many previous races and now Nick have both taken too much on the chin to be healthy. I'm not getting at anyone, I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of a crap race day core nasty, not nice. But we are all adults here eh? Racers need to take it on the chin as well.

seems to me the choices are
1. No restarts whatsoever
2. Only restart if a certain percentage core.
3. Restart if anyone  cores.

Personally I would vote 1. Server stability is most imortant, but so is all our time. Constantly restarting can put the finish time beyond us old buggers bedtime. And I like me sleep ::)

If, even after umpteen warnings from our race organiser, you move on the startline grid, then I really don't think that should be a reason to restart.

You know what we are talking about John, been there so many times.
My vote is for no restarts.

By the way, the jump start thing is a work for Piboso. I never seen in real life a rider out of the race for a jump start. In GPB should be the same, a ride through penalty, instead of directly to the garage.
Anyway ,I missed several races due a jump start, that made me train the starts before the races so i learnt how to avoid those mistakes. It will make us better racers, and events will be more "professional" and exciting.
I can assure , this way you will enjoy a lot more the race events, where adrenaline explode out of your ears due the realistic feeling.
We did prove this many time ago (back in beta 4 or 5),.. i almost died every weekend due a heart attack on the startline.  ;D 

Even better, the way PeterV organized his events, with warmup lap and sight lap, amazing !
Yes Warlock, those races were tremendous, it's where I started with heart palpitations! 2 restarts and I was all for quiting the race, shaking uncontrollably. Thinking back, it was probably the sense of realism of the sighting and warmup laps that added to the adrenaline overdose!
There is not so much pressure in these club races though, so maybe we won't expire if there's 3 restarts ;)

Napalm Nick

I also know the feeling - when I joined the 125cc championship shortly after joining here. On the grid I wondered if I might faint hehe

doubledragoncc

Quote from: nuovaic on February 22, 2016, 01:03:02 PM
Quote from: nuovaic on February 21, 2016, 11:53:00 PM
There is no easy answer to this, unless Piboso has a sudden euraka moment and fixes it ::) Perhaps in the meantime, we should all vote on it. Make it a hard and fast rule, whatever the decision, for all races, then our beloved race organisers will not have the responsibilty and associated stress in dealing with the inevitable fallout. Peter in many previous races and now Nick have both taken too much on the chin to be healthy. I'm not getting at anyone, I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of a crap race day core nasty, not nice. But we are all adults here eh? Racers need to take it on the chin as well.

seems to me the choices are
1. No restarts whatsoever
2. Only restart if a certain percentage core.
3. Restart if anyone  cores.

Personally I would vote 1. Server stability is most imortant, but so is all our time. Constantly restarting can put the finish time beyond us old buggers bedtime. And I like me sleep ::)

If, even after umpteen warnings from our race organiser, you move on the startline grid, then I really don't think that should be a reason to restart.

You know what we are talking about John, been there so many times.
My vote is for no restarts.

Anyway ,I missed several races due a jump start, that made me train the starts before the races so i learnt how to avoid those mistakes. It will make us better racers, and events will be more "professional" and exciting.
I can assure , this way you will enjoy a lot more the race events, where adrenaline explode out of your ears due the realistic feeling.
We did prove this many time ago (back in beta 4 or 5),.. i almost died every weekend due a heart attack on the startline.  ;D 

Even better, the way PeterV organized his events, with warmup lap and sight lap, amazing !
Yes Warlock, those races were tremendous, it's where I started with heart palpitations! 2 restarts and I was all for quiting the race, shaking uncontrollably. Thinking back, it was probably the sense of realism of the sighting and warmup laps that added to the adrenaline overdose!
There is not so much pressure in these club races though, so maybe we won't expire if there's 3 restarts ;)

Thank god I am not the only one who gets that way. You just helped me feel more confident dude thanks

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.