• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:58:00 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Beta 8 Event 1 | Murasama Cup race | 3 Day event | WINNER - DAVIDE74 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, February 19, 2016, 11:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 19, 2016, 08:01:56 PM
The only thing that I can think is different is the track.

Here is a link to the identical track the server is running in case you have a corruption there? Doubt it is the reason but worth a try?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v8h9ss80dfnquaf/AACDxFg1EbCdmiv_rsli3gI8a?dl=0

Thanks Nick. I'm still getting "Connection Timeout" issues on a regular basis which I wasn't getting with the other beta's, but I can now eventually connect if I keep trying. But I will give this a try and if it works I'll upload to the database, but like you said I doubt this is the issue because if the track was corrupted I just think it would core.exe straight away and all the time. But lets give this a try and see.  :)

Thanks for your help mate.  8)

Hawk.

r1rossi

hello everyone !

I was in the server putting in some laps ad noticed my name is "unnamedprofile"

I went out and confirmed on the main screen i had the wrong profile selected. i changed to R1rossi and it still shows under unnamed.. what does one do lol??

Blackheart

Quote from: r1rossi on February 19, 2016, 11:59:35 PM
hello everyone !

I went out and confirmed on the main screen i had the wrong profile selected. i changed to R1rossi and it still shows under unnamed.. what does one do lol??

I have deleted the default profile (under profiles in the main menu)

r1rossi

Sorry, you have done it for me or this is what you have done previously ?

Thanks black

JorgeNsr

MORIWAKI MH80RF

NSR80Racing-World : https://www.facebook.com/NSR80RW/

Blackheart

Quote from: r1rossi on February 20, 2016, 12:13:10 AM
Sorry, you have done it for me or this is what you have done previously ?

Thanks black

Previously  :P

Toomes1

February 20, 2016, 12:20:57 AM #36 Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 12:22:29 AM by Toomes1
Ok for me to join the fun, might don't be able to make race but I'll give it a go if that's cool.

Toomes #71

Napalm Nick

hello everyone !

A server will remember the first profile name you enter with, even if you change profile. It will not clear until the server is reset. Happens with skins as well and is totally normal don't worry about it just make sure you have correct profile before joining  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Trouble Joining? Connection Timeout?

Try the Blackheart fix  :)

Quote from: Blackheart on February 20, 2016, 12:34:05 AM
Guys have put bandwidth to "high"? With "low" is impossible join online!

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

r1rossi

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 20, 2016, 12:41:33 AM
hello everyone !

A server will remember the first profile name you enter with, even if you change profile. It will not clear until the server is reset. Happens with skins as well and is totally normal don't worry about it just make sure you have correct profile before joining  ;)

All fixed now .. i will wait for reset..

Thanks to Meyer I was able to use his setup and tweek it , i am managing 128:117 :) I may be compeitive now on this course hopefully lol

Meyer#12

Haha happy i could help! Glad my setup helps people a bit ;) just dont go beat me now! :P
Meyer#12

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 20, 2016, 01:00:03 AM
Trouble Joining? Connection Timeout?

Try the Blackheart fix  :)

Quote from: Blackheart on February 20, 2016, 12:34:05 AM
Guys have put bandwidth to "high"? With "low" is impossible join online!

Good thinking, but I just double checked this and, yep, I already had it set to high so that can't be my problem.  :(

I can get connected more often now if I keep trying again and again, but I fear I am now slipping into the category of players that won't be able to enjoy online racing.... Dam! What has been changed to cause these issues? I hardly had any connection problems with all the other betas..... This is getting very disappointing.  :( :'(
Hope it is just new beta teething problems and will settle down after a while - sometimes it does from past experience for whatever reasons, I do hope so.  :-\

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: r1rossi on February 20, 2016, 01:04:56 AM

All fixed now .. I will wait for reset..

The server may not get reset now until the end of the event. Maybe after qualifying and when the server carries out an auto-save that I can reload, but hopefully not as it carries risk to the position and tyre data.

But don't worry we know who the ninja is  ;)

Quote from: Hawk on February 20, 2016, 08:12:06 AM
it is just new beta teething problems and will settle down after a while - sometimes it does from past experience for whatever reasons, I do hope so.  :-\
Hawk.

So do I mate or we could have a lot of event issues!  :(  As a last resort I would carry out that over-the-top re-installation. Nothing is lost, MaxHUD etc doesn't get affected. I was having offline core issues with Beta 7b and when I did this OTTI it fixed it all. I  see others are doing this too to fix different issues, so might be worth a try?

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 20, 2016, 08:24:05 AM
Quote from: Hawk on February 20, 2016, 08:12:06 AM
it is just new beta teething problems and will settle down after a while - sometimes it does from past experience for whatever reasons, I do hope so.  :-\
Hawk.

So do I mate or we could have a lot of event issues!  :(  As a last resort I would carry out that over-the-top re-installation. Nothing is lost, MaxHUD etc doesn't get affected. I was having offline core issues with Beta 7b and when I did this OTTI it fixed it all. I  see others are doing this too to fix different issues, so might be worth a try?

Yeah I think your right..... I'm getting to the re-installation stage.... I'll give that a try later today(Fingers crossed for that. Lol).  ;)

Hawk.