• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:53:24 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Doubts setup

Started by Adalgood, February 19, 2016, 03:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adalgood

Hi all, someone can explain to parts of the motorcycle referred the following geometry parameters and generates modification effect?

Thanks

Hawk

Quote from: Adalgood on February 19, 2016, 03:13:16 PM
Hi all, someone can explain to parts of the motorcycle referred the following geometry parameters and generates modification effect?

Thanks

I'm sorry Adalgood, I'm not sure we understand what your asking there?  Maybe if you ask a more specific question we could help you.  ;)

Hawk.

WALKEN

Reads like hes asking for someone to explain the parts that are adjustable on the bike in the setting and how they effect the bike in general?
Help me, help you!

Adalgood

jeje sorry...my english is very bad. The question is...

"Fork Offset" What is this?

Napalm Nick

It is what I say to my dog called 'Set'.  ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Adalgood on February 19, 2016, 10:58:00 PM
jeje sorry...my english is very bad. The question is...

"Fork Offset" What is this?

That is a good question and something I'd like to know too......
It's not the "rake" because that's already there....

It brings to mind the forks being offset to the side but I cannot believe that surely??? That would be weird! Hehe  ;D

Aaarh! I think I know what it is!!!!  It will be the adjustment for shortening or lengthening the fork tubes inside the fork yokes, for want of a better way to describe it. Thank you for bringing this up Adalgood, I'll have to give this a try because this should really have an effect on handling! Nice one!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

I had to look it up. Rake and Trail I was happy with, offset not so. I found this pretty good explanation?

http://bikearama.com/theory/motorcycle-rake-trail-explained/
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 20, 2016, 08:57:56 AM
I had to look it up. Rake and Trail I was happy with, offset not so. I found this pretty good explanation?

http://bikearama.com/theory/motorcycle-rake-trail-explained/

Very useful link explaining front fork rake, trial and offset Nick...... I'm eager now to give this a test!  ;D

Thanks Nick!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Boerenlater

I think I posted this before but w/e

Race Tech's Motorcycle Suspension Bible
http://www108.zippyshare.com/v/Iidaqkpb/file.html

enjoy friends
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Meyer#12

Best way to learn is to just try it all out! Go to the extremes and see what happens then and go to opposite extreme (lowest and highest setting) and just try it out, slowly you will get an idea of what works on what problems :)
I learned it the tough way on my 125GP and Moto3 bike, learning by doing and taking some chances with the setup to see i went in the right direction, paid off much better than people telling me all the fancy words haha (learned those afterwards)
Meyer#12

Adalgood

Yeah !! Thank you very much to all !! Now I'll try playing track ends to feel what effect generated on the bike.

Adalgood

https://www.google.es/search?q=bike+OffSet&biw=1745&bih=868&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiP6PXqqYbLAhWKbxQKHdwwDdoQsAQIGw#imgrc=BKnpBNiFCJk8sM%3A

Napalm Nick

Already I think an increase in offset should cause a reduction in trail, so a more nimble bike but less stable on the straight, but in game it seems to be opposite hahahaahaa maybe I measure from the wrong point or backwards or something. (Engine Braking phenomenomenona)  ;D

Hawk

Quote from: Adalgood on February 20, 2016, 12:23:28 PM
https://www.google.es/search?q=bike+OffSet&biw=1745&bih=868&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiP6PXqqYbLAhWKbxQKHdwwDdoQsAQIGw#imgrc=BKnpBNiFCJk8sM%3A

That's a good animation and gives a better idea of the adjustments we are looking at here.  ;)

Nice one mate.  8)

Hawk.

Meyer#12

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 20, 2016, 12:38:31 PM
Already I think an increase in offset should cause a reduction in trail, so a more nimble bike but less stable on the straight, but in game it seems to be opposite hahahaahaa maybe I measure from the wrong point or backwards or something. (Engine Braking phenomenomenona)  ;D

Increase in offset will cause an increase in trail too as you see in the illustration linked by Adal.
It shows it pretty well what the offset is :)
Meyer#12