• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:07:16 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GPBikes uphill downhill strange thing

Started by janaucarre, February 22, 2016, 04:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janaucarre

February 22, 2016, 04:22:49 PM Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 04:25:40 PM by janaucarre
Hi,
One of us send me a video of a replay at brands hatch, in the first turn, when the curve changes its elevation the bikes begin to mak something strange.
The front seems to go to the exterior of the curve and the rear is good. When uphill that's inverse.
I looked on a replay from mine (not this one bottom)
I look very well on the wheel turning and i think (downhill) the rear turn with more speed than the front wheel, try and watch and comment here.
That's perhaps the camera change its angle because based on the front wheel (not sure)
https://www.youtube.com/v/72Rb3fCtbbc

teeds

Is it me or does that only look wrong in the 1st and 3rd clips, the middle one looks ok?

janaucarre

Hawk

Hmm. Something doesn't look right in the tracking of the bike when viewing from the rear view......  No idea what it could be though.  :-\

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on February 22, 2016, 06:19:07 PM
Hmm. Something doesn't look right in the tracking of the bike when viewing from the rear view......
It looks more than not right: it looks wrong by a mile. Guess there's still some work to be done on that.

P.S.
Fixed cameras are better to study this because ... well, because they don't move (e.g. the camera that follows the bike in 3rd person can be tricky sometimes as the bike seems to be allowed some yawing without the camera following it immediately).

BOBR6 84

This is in every beta.. i thought this is what piboso fixed for beta 8. but it still happens (although improved on some tracks)... its been 1 of 2 things i hate about gpbikes since i started playing.. (that and core.exe) thanks for the video janau!

HornetMaX

I've never seen it as bad as in the video above. It kinda looks worse than in the past.

BOBR6 84

Not for me.. exactly the same at brands hatch! you can make it better or worse by taking different lines  ???

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 22, 2016, 07:38:23 PM
Not for me.. exactly the same at brands hatch! you can make it better or worse by taking different lines  ???
Surely, but what's shown in the 2nd half of the above video should not be possible. Ever.

Vini

could it be some visual simulation that is missing like tyre deformation?

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 22, 2016, 08:03:02 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 22, 2016, 07:38:23 PM
Surely, but what's shown in the 2nd half of the above video should not be possible. Ever.

lol, didn't watch that far.. now that i have.. O.M.G!!!!  :o

But, this does happen (not as extreme as that)  at every track.. in fact, most corners! i see it happening and i hate it. Fugly.

I think the varese 500 has improved the most.. not too bad at brands hatch. even sachsenring and portimao are very rideable now with the 500. buuuut.. front end still ''drags'' around in places.

What is happening?  :( Piboso, any idea how to fix it???? Please fix it  :(

WALKEN

I've seen this in lots of bike "games" its the pivot point that always seems off if that makes sense?

Climax had it perfect with GP1 and 2.

Its the way the bike interacts with the tarmac, like its floating and you never feel quite connected.     

Think of it like the old games where the bike/car sat in the middle of the screen and the road moved around it. 
Help me, help you!

BOBR6 84

Quote from: WALKEN on February 23, 2016, 03:51:48 PM
I've seen this in lots of bike "games" its the pivot point that always seems off if that makes sense?

Climax had it perfect with GP1 and 2.

Its the way the bike interacts with the tarmac, like its floating and you never feel quite connected.     

Think of it like the old games where the bike/car sat in the middle of the screen and the road moved around it.

Yeah good point WALKEN! and +1 for climax  ;) i really hope it is an easy fix though, but looks like a major problem to me.. considering GPB is aiming to be a simulator! all the best tracks in the world have elevation changes, bumps and everything else..

Hawk

Yeah, it's as if there is only one simulated point of contact(rear tyre) and the whole bike is pivoting at that contact point which is giving the feeling that the front end is being dragged to position on track instead of naturally tracking itself? Just a thought.  :-\

Hawk.