• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:14:58 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Beta 8 Event 2 | Varese 500cc | Cup Race | WINNER - HAWK | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, February 26, 2016, 01:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

***TRACK UPDATE***TRACK UPDATE***TRACK UPDATE***
GET IT HERE

RACE COUNTDOWN

Varese Cup Race

Due to the very close laptimes in the 48hour Event it has been requested to make a full race weekend

Varese 500cc Cup Race @ A1 RING V2.1_NDS

18 Laps

RACE PROGRAMME:

LIMITED TYRES***LIMITED TYRES***LIMITED TYRES***LIMITED TYRES***LIMITED TYRES***LIMITED TYRES***
Friday      14:00 CET - Track open for first Practice session
Saturday  14:00 CET - Track open for second Practice Session
Sunday    20:30 CET - SERVER RESET - New Tyres for everyone. (Get a server Reset as close to the race as possible #nocores)
Sunday    21:00 CET - Track open for 30 Minute Qualifying Session
Sunday    21:30 CET - RACE START

FAQ:
Q. Can I just turn up for the race?
A. NO a whitelist will be put in force at the end of PRACTICE to prevent those people from joining, "who just turn up for the race and crash into everyone at the first corner then leave".  You must sign up and take part in at least any part of the Practice sessions.

Q. Why the A1 Ring AGAIN?
A. I didn't change it yet  ::).

Q. How will the server be 'kept alive' when there is no-one on it?
A. Our good friend The Clerk of the Course will oversee it.

Q. What if I cheat and I'm the only one on track
A. Our good friend The Clerk of the Course will see it.

Q. I cannot make the Race on a Sunday  :(
A. Sign up anyway, if there are enough people we will hold a RACE RERUN later in the week.  :)

Q. How many Restarts?
A. Hopefully NONE, but maximum of 3 - find out what causes jumpstarts and don't do it.

Q Who will decide if the race needs a restart?
A We MAY be having an INDEPENDANT Course Official who wont be racing but will make all those difficult decisions.

More to follow as questions come up.

Please sign up (name and number) if you would like to take part.  :)

Rider List

1. Jorge             #17
2. Napalm Nick   #68
3. Hawk             #7
4. Warlock         #13
5. Stout Johnson #6 (MIA)
6. PeterV            #45
7. IASystems      #63
8. Dareaper        #47
9. Meyer12         #12
10.  Bambino      (if he can get in) 
11. Blackheart     #22
12. Nuovaic         #53

13. Alone            #21
14. BoBR6           #84
15. Boerenlater    #36
16. maLve           #87
17. Adalgood        #24
18. Tommaso Levato #54
19. Grooveski       #20
20. Raptor666      #24
21. demitsuri       #93
22. JOse Reina     #62

PS: If The Clerk of the Course leaves or is not present when you are on server please PM me immediately so I can get her ass back there before the server empties!

RACE COUNTDOWN

***STOP PRESS*** Our beloved Matty0L215 - king of the Mod databases - will be the Senior Race Official (non racing) during this Event for all those difficult restart, blacklist, disqualification and ejection decisions. THANKS MATTY! ***STOP PRESS
GET IT HERE
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

MMA Clerk of the Course

RACE CONTROL MESSAGE

CAUTION:
TRACK IS WET BUT EXPECTED TO BE FULLY DRY LATER

I probably won't speak on the server but I am looking out for your safety.

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

February 26, 2016, 02:13:14 PM #3 Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 02:14:52 PM by Hawk
2 stroke 500cc...... Oh yes! I'm in!  ;D :-* 8)

Hawk #7

PS: Anyone found a setup to cure those wobbles on the Varase 500 yet?  :-\

Warlock

Napalm Nick

February 26, 2016, 02:56:38 PM #5 Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 02:59:57 PM by Napalm Nick
No wobble fix yet as far as setup goes. I have softened things down (suspension and tyres) and upped the gearing and changed to steel brakes is all.

Very wet still just now and extremely hard but the track should get more ride-able as time goes on with the sunshine there. Expected a dry line by 6pm at least (temp is a bit cold).

One thing to note is the tyre overheat bug/(realism) really shows up here. If you fall you might as well restart from the pits because temperatures will be >100degrees C and un-rideable - unless you go slow for a lap to make them cool off.

I will have to find our tyre overheat bug thread and bump it, so it is not lost or forgotten. The simple remedy would be to reset tyre temps when resetting the bike I suppose.

Post fall temperature

Stout Johnson

Hate 2-strokes, don't like the track, BUT I love Nick's events and I particularly like that my main man Warlock crept out of his eremit cave - so I am in! :)

Stout Johnson         #6

-----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Napalm Nick

Lol we are indeed blessed with the Gods of GpBikes joining in  8) thanks!

Napalm Nick

Even this paint can't stop me wheel spinning there  :D

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Stout Johnson

LOL... looks like you went through a billboard wallpaper at 100mph on a tokyo street  :D
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Boerenlater on February 26, 2016, 03:39:00 PM
So is it a wet race?

Nahhhhhhhhhh that would be too futuristic for this Beta phase I reckon.

Quote from: Stout Johnson on February 26, 2016, 03:39:21 PM
LOL... looks like you went through a billboard wallpaper at 100mph on a tokyo street  :D

Hahaha yep!

Adalgood

Boerenlater

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 26, 2016, 03:42:19 PM
Quote from: Boerenlater on February 26, 2016, 03:39:00 PM
So is it a wet race?

Nahhhhhhhhhh that would be too futuristic for this Beta phase I reckon.

Quote from: Stout Johnson on February 26, 2016, 03:39:21 PM
Hahaha yep!
Too bad
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

PeterV