• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Beta7 rider forward lean as alternative to beta8 rider forward lean

Started by ptrshpt, February 26, 2016, 06:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptrshpt

Vini

Don't want to spoil your party but I really don't think PiBoSo will re-model the rider so that it fits your personal preference.

The much better solution would be modable riders so that you can do it yourself exactly how you would like to have it.

grimm

Quote from: vin97 on February 26, 2016, 07:39:06 PM
Don't want to spoil your party but I really don't think PiBoSo will re-model the rider so that it fits your personal preference.

The much better solution would be modable riders so that you can do it yourself exactly how you would like to have it.

Indeed, and as corny and bad as it sounds being I am not that bright when it comes to what it would take to develop a UI or a program of sorts, but having the ability like Tourist Trophy on the PS2 to change the rider style (it did seem to effect bike behavior in that game too) with sliders, preset numbers or positions, or even just two or three styles for different era machines, it would put GP Bikes on a level that would change the sim industry. I don't think all bets are off just yet, but, I can't imagine that it will be a top priority for quite some time to have different riding styles.

As an example, Mike "The Bike" Hailwood was a very upright rider, static to an extent, and riders of the modern era, Rossi for example, are a very "hang off" style compared to that old Hailwood style. Being able to have an accurate replica of the way "Steady Eddie" or "Elbows Spies" rides would add a level of immersion and crazy cool factor to GP Bikes that would make custom liveries and replica series racing (like '89 500GP, or '97 Superbike) even more immersive and incredible to see.

HornetMaX

I don't think it will be possible to adapt the auto lean to any taste. You want the half lean, somebody else could ask the three quarters lean, or one quarter lean.

Either you go fully manual, either you get whichever behaviour the auto lean provides (there may be things to improve here, but more about when the auto lean decided to lean forward, right now it's a bit basic).

By the way, have you tried to play with the view pitch setting ? Maybe it helps ...

PiBoSo

Only the manual rider F/B lean has been changed.
When using the automatic rider F/B lean, everything is exactly as it was in Beta7.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Vini

Vini

no, you have obviously put a lot of thought into this and i agree that there is still room for improvement with the rider movements (specifically how the rider twists his torso in the wrong direction) but your point is not about the rider movements, it's about the control of the rider and you apparently not wanting to learn to use manual rider lean.
it simply doesn't make sense to associate rider lean with a specific velocity (160, 180 km/h whatever). i already proposed different ways of allowing the player to finetune the auto-rider lean in some other old thread (to which i don't remember you ever responding btw) but however you look at it, hardcoding velocities is not a solution.

...and all the while, you have to keep in mind that this is a purely visual aspect of the game that does not affect physics/playability in any way.

PiBoSo

What happened?  ???
Came here to study the thread and try to do some changes for Beta11, and everything is gone, including ptrshpt account?  :-\

BOBR6 84

HornetMaX

I can be wrong but didn't he do something similar a while ago (out of rage for not being listened to) ?

matty0l215

Thats a little childish...

Okay it's frustating but why delete everything?

Or does it all get deleted when you delete the account?
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Vini

from what i remember, he uses a keyboard with two buttons to overwrite the auto rider fwd./bwd. lean and his problem is that the fwd. lean should happen in two steps ("half forward lean").
as i already wrote some months ago somewhere, the simplest way to achieve this would be to add customizable limits for the range of the auto rider lean, so that user input is required to reach maximum rider lean.

PiBoSo

Quote from: vin97 on February 07, 2017, 02:27:59 PM
from what i remember, he uses a keyboard with two buttons to overwrite the auto rider fwd./bwd. lean and his problem is that the fwd. lean should happen in two steps ("half forward lean").
as i already wrote some months ago somewhere, the simplest way to achieve this would be to add customizable limits for the range of the auto rider lean, so that user input is required to reach maximum rider lean.

Ok, thank you.