• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:48:36 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MXB vs GPB

Started by doubledragoncc, February 29, 2016, 11:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

How come MXB beta 4 is 1.08GB and GPB beta8 is only 229MB? Shows how little is in GPB compared to MXB but why?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

doubledragoncc

Okay downloaded and 7 tracks plus Supermoto!!! Grimm will be happy lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

grimm

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 01, 2016, 12:21:26 AM
Okay downloaded and 7 tracks plus Supermoto!!! Grimm will be happy lol

DD

Downloading now! And you are right, I am super stoked to take some laps on the supermoto! About to finish up a customers CB750 chopper build by the end of next month and order up the bits I need for the top end of that nasty YZ400F I have, should be rolling on a supermoto in real life (again) really soon! Piboso helps keep my itch to ride at a minimum. :D

doubledragoncc

Well I will need your help with a setup for the supermoto as I never rode one lol.

Still want an old CBR900 for GPB

DD

grimm

March 01, 2016, 01:52:36 AM #5 Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:54:40 AM by grimm
The download for MXB failed twice, so I went with the torrent, not many people seeding it though, I'll leave my torrent program running for a few hours this evening though. Taking ages to download right now.  :(

The most fundamental thing about riding a supermoto is where your body is positioned. Once the setup is dialed it's all about making that body weight do the work when it comes to weighting front or rear on it. Just upper body movement alone can gain a massive amount of front or rear traction when "at the limit" lean angles are happening. One of my favorite past times on that heavy old DRZ I converted to SM with GasGas parts, was the total riot it was on the roundabouts just up the road. Once the knee touched down and the front tire was loaded up it could be steered rather easy with the throttle... and that leads to some nice 3/4 roundabout power slides until you upright the bike into a wheelie out of the corner and click up the gears in unicycle mode down the road. So many long, warm summer nights just spent attacking the industrial area's around the city with a few wrenches and a screw driver in my tank bag to adjust the suspension bits, stopping at fuel stations to use the air compressor to fill my tires after bleeding them off a bit to find that "just right" temp/pressure with the proper damping rates. So much fun! Can't wait to get the YZ400F done and go do it all over again. By the end, as a street bike, the DRZ was an absolute weapon, nobody was laughing at THAT particular DRZ400S after I was finished with it. :D

3rd gear wheelie out of a corner. Gotta get back a bit on the seat for those.  8)

*edit*
We do need a Fireblade really bad too. Only reason I play RIDE is for the 'blade and Road America. Big smokey 2nd gear power slides on the tighter courses are just friggin' epic looking too. Funny thing is my '95 in my shop in bits all over the place started life as the purple, yellow, and black one. A friend has my old silver, red, and black one now, loves it, dare I say, more than I did. lol

grimm

doubledragoncc

Mine was the purple, yellow, and black one.

What track are the pics from? Is it in MXB or GPB as the bike is pure MXB from the looks of it?

Hope all is good with you and family.

DD

Mace-x

grimm

Yohji's track "Southern" loaded up in MX Bikes.  ;D

Things are alright, when I have some time I'll PM ya. Been big changes with the shop and a big partnership with a bigger shop (I made lead mechanic!  :o ).

doubledragoncc

YEAH baby go grimm, good on ya brother. Can only wish you all the best and wish I was there with you.

Thanks for the track info, gonna grab it and have some fun.

DD

doubledragoncc

One thing I noticed in some of the MXB bike pnt paint files was the contents are better. There is a livery, bike parts and 1st person on-board file that can be edited. That is what we need in GPB especially the on-board and bike parts as it is hard to do simply.

Could this file system for the paints in GPB be implemented at all in the future?

DD

Blackheart

The worst thing in gpb's rider are the boots... huge and horrible!  :-X

if it could separate them from the rider model, being able to create new ones, that would be great  :P

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on March 02, 2016, 12:23:41 AM
The worst thing in gpb's rider are the boots... huge and horrible!  :-X

if it could separate them from the rider model, being able to create new ones, that would be great  :P

+1  ;)

Hawk.

Yohji

I think Stability help are nice option for bigginer. will it on GPB too?